A question for long time fans of the series of Mario RPG

#1Cartwheel_KickPosted 1/29/2013 11:24:03 AM
I'm sure most of you, like me, like the RPG series because you love the Mario universe and the RPG take that Paper Mario/M&L/SMRPG had on the series...

Is there something you always wished you would see/would happen in a Mario RPG game but always got ignored or wasn't thought of? Including specific delving into some aspect of the Mario universe or a gameplay aspect you wish was integrated.
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 1/29/2013 11:31:51 AM
Stars and their overall importance to the Mushroom Kingdom?
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#3CopShow GuyPosted 1/29/2013 11:32:38 AM
Eh, not really. The games together have hit all things on my tiny wishlist.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#4SpunkySixPosted 1/29/2013 5:53:40 PM
Wario and Waluigi x9001
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Oh, the food? Tasted like blood...
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 1/29/2013 6:00:32 PM
CopShow Guy posted...
Eh, not really. The games together have hit all things on my tiny wishlist.

---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#6PT_PiranhaPosted 1/29/2013 6:11:55 PM
Nothing comes to mind. Maybe if a few of Mario's sports buddies started appearing more often, though I'm not sure if that falls under the requirements of the topic.

Say what you will about Sticker Star's enemies mostly being uplifted from NSMB, but that helped tie the series together for me, it showed some consistency.

My thoughts:
"Yes. Mario should logically be able to find this monster during an adventure (PM), even if said adventure is a different type from certain other adventures (NSMB)."

Tying in the sports games would just take the concept to the next level for me.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#7Czar_YoshiPosted 1/29/2013 6:12:15 PM
Paper Wario and another game.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#8Cartwheel_Kick(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:43:09 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
Nothing comes to mind. Maybe if a few of Mario's sports buddies started appearing more often, though I'm not sure if that falls under the requirements of the topic.

Say what you will about Sticker Star's enemies mostly being uplifted from NSMB, but that helped tie the series together for me, it showed some consistency.

My thoughts:
"Yes. Mario should logically be able to find this monster during an adventure (PM), even if said adventure is a different type from certain other adventures (NSMB)."

Tying in the sports games would just take the concept to the next level for me.

Yeah, characters like Wario and Waluigi are exactly what I'm talking about. I would have liked them in a game, personally, but there are a bunch of other fun aspects of the mario universe that are just ignored during the RPGs, so I want to know what people find is missing.

About your comment regarding SS having characters from NSMB, which one were those? I'm honestly a bit confused, because my memory says SS's enemies were pretty much all classic mario enemies, weren't they? Lakitus, shy guys, koopas, spinies, boos, boss bass...
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#9PT_PiranhaPosted 1/29/2013 9:02:44 PM
Well most of NSMB's enemies are the Mario regulars, but things that were introduced in NSMB (Broozers, Ice Bros. Cooligans, Snow Spikes), or enemies who only started appearing again due to the NSMB games (Spikes, Rocky Wrenches) also make up a fair share of this game's enemies.

Of course there are also SMB2 references, like all the Snifits and Ninji.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#10SpunkySixPosted 1/29/2013 9:06:52 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
Well most of NSMB's enemies are the Mario regulars, but things that were introduced in NSMB (Broozers, Ice Bros. Cooligans, Snow Spikes), or enemies who only started appearing again due to the NSMB games (Spikes, Rocky Wrenches) also make up a fair share of this game's enemies.

Of course there are also SMB2 references, like all the Snifits and Ninji.

Them appearing was cool, actually. My only complaint is that their attacks, with some exceptions, were very bland. Oh look, another tackle. An average projectile. Cool.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Oh, the food? Tasted like blood...