Would you have preferred this game or a port of Thousand Year Door

#41SpunkySixPosted 2/1/2013 4:43:57 PM
Mirror_Aura posted...
Mirror_Aura posted...
When the "original" is literally a 2/10 quality game

lol

Alright, alright... I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

More like 1/10.

Oh, come on, 6/10 at worst. Anything below that and you're starting to get in to absolutely no quality with glitches and crap. This wasn't Sonic 2K6 by any means.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Oh, the food? Tasted like blood...
#42Shift BreakerPosted 2/2/2013 4:40:58 AM
I don't know. I loved TTYD and I'd love to have it portable, plus I found SS a little disappointing but...I don't know. We got a new Paper Mario game. That doesn't happen too often. If we'd simply received a port then there would be a lot of lingering what if's about the new game. It's not as good as I'd have liked, but I'm still glad we got a new game.
---
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/9/Shift_Breaker.png
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6091/poonikins.gif
#43StephenYap3Posted 2/2/2013 9:36:58 AM
SpunkySix posted...
Mirror_Aura posted...
Mirror_Aura posted...
When the "original" is literally a 2/10 quality game

lol

Alright, alright... I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

More like 1/10.

Oh, come on, 6/10 at worst. Anything below that and you're starting to get in to absolutely no quality with glitches and crap. This wasn't Sonic 2K6 by any means.

This.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#44Mirror_AuraPosted 2/2/2013 11:10:44 AM
SpunkySix posted...
Mirror_Aura posted...
More like 1/10.
This.

I can't say "this" too, because I consider 5/10 to be average... and PM:SS is very much below average. There are better RPGs on the 3DS, on Nintendo portables, on Nintendo systems, on all systems, on PCs... it doesn't even compare to the best NES and SNES RPGs, made about two decades ago. There is no excuse for this blatant lack of quality.

2/10 or 1/10 are generous and say "yes, I can see that this game is not on the level of Sonic 2006 or Superman 64, but it is clearly not a good game, and there is no reason to reward this lack of effort with a high rating that would symbolize a genuine attempt at creating a worthwhile gaming experience". There's nothing here you can't find elsewhere. To fully detail the faults of PM:SS would just be a reiteration of every criticism topic that has been run through on this board thus far, which would be redundant.

Meanwhile, PM:TTYD is already a suitable portable game. It has plenty of save points, it has good pacing (depending on how you feel about all the text and backtracking), and there are heavier portable RPGs. And if I wanted to introduce someone to Paper Mario real quick, I'd much rather switch on my 3DS and show them PM:TTYD than PM:SS.

You know the whole Twilight Trail thing in PM:TTYD? Back and forth, 6 times? All of Sticker Star feels like that. A repetitive experience that could be refined into something truly greater, but lacking something, whether it be money or time placed into the development of the game or simply a lack of design skills in the game's staff, thus keeping it held down in mediocrity. I don't have anything good to say about Sticker Star except that it had potential. Unless you count "this wasn't Sonic 2006" as being a particularly good thing to say, and that still doesn't raise it above 2/10.

And, I guess, personally, I would give Sonic 2006 a rating of 0/10 (or 1/10 if I was having a good day), and that is taking into account the soundtrack and the fact that the game is beatable. It is a terrible game despite any favorable thing a person could say about it.

But this confuses me, because you're saying below 6/10 is Sonic 2006 territory. That means there's 0/10 or 1/10, and then 2-5, all dedicated to garbage games. You go from 6/10 as average, to Sonic 2006 at 5/10. That doesn't make any sense to me. If you lower the bar that much, aren't you just inflating the score of every game that comes out? I put games like Sonic 2006, Superman 64, E.T., CD-i Mario/Zelda, at 0/10 or 1/10 and then compare from there. That is reasonable to me and means 5/10 is the average point.

You have to understand, the video game reviewer sites are paid to provide favorable ratings to everyone. They take into account that the gaming majority (who play the party games and Wii Sports and Mario Kart) will view their site, just like the gaming minority (who play Earthbound and other obscure things). I don't make that distinction, because it just sugarcoats it for people who happen to like the game and its problems. Even E.T. has its fans, and you should see the Superman 64 board on GameFAQs sometime. But that doesn't mean that those will ever be objectively good games. Neither will PM:SS. A weak entry in an appreciated Nintendo RPG series is not 6/10 material, I'm sorry.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#45Chaosmaster00Posted 2/2/2013 11:29:44 AM
I think video games should be rated on the same star system as movies, with 0 being lowest and 4 being highest, where 0 means it's crap, 1 means it's below average, 2 is okay, 3 is pretty good, and 4 is great. With 10 different standards to place games in, there's rarely ever a good average place for games that aren't 9's or 10's (or 1's and 2's)...
---
Voted as ''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#46Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 2/2/2013 4:10:04 PM
1-Star? Quit trolling. This game had flaws, but it's fine.

However, Calling PM1 mediocre and M&L bad screams fanboy.
---
Hamtaro for best anime!
#47Mirror_AuraPosted 2/2/2013 4:23:02 PM
From: Mudkip_in_Space | Posted: 2/2/2013 7:10:04 PM | #046
1-Star? Quit trolling. This game had flaws, but it's fine.

However, Calling PM1 mediocre and M&L bad screams fanboy.

Fanboy of... what?
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#48Chaosmaster00Posted 2/2/2013 4:56:44 PM
>screams fanboy

http://rjw57.github.com/notes/_images/montoya.jpg
---
Voted as ''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
#49Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 2/2/2013 5:16:31 PM
>_>; It's of TTYD. Praising it above all other Mario RPGs is wrong due to the General White quest which puts it below SSS, PM1, and SMRPG.
---
Hamtaro for best anime!
#50Chaosmaster00Posted 2/2/2013 5:35:15 PM
General White was THAT much worse than anything the others had to offer? Somehow, I feel people hate on that more than they should...
---