C/D: Paper Mario 64 had the best enemy selection.

#1wiiking96Posted 1/29/2013 2:06:18 PM
C. It has a much lower percentage of variations on previous enemies, and each new chapter introduces as least two brand new ones. The lowest is Chapter 7, with only Gulpits and Dooplighosts being brand new.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2PT_PiranhaPosted 1/29/2013 4:24:54 PM
I disagree, though not that the game had bad selection.

And I actually like how there are variations on classic enemies. It kind of fleshes out those races in my opinion.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#3wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:31:06 PM
PT_Piranha posted...

Which game, in your opinion, has the best selection then? Why do you think that?
---
#4Czar_YoshiPosted 1/29/2013 5:08:32 PM
Nah. I like Spinias, Piders, Craws and Wizzerds way more than Gulpits.

I also like how some original PM races aren't enemies in TTYD, but instead there's a fairly major character representing them (Grubba, Doopliss).

Oh, and chapter 3. TTYD had a lot of enemy variety in chapter 3.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#5wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:12:24 PM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
Oh, and chapter 3. TTYD had a lot of enemy variety in chapter 3.

Yes, but most of them were just enemies from previous chapters or PM64.

The main reason I like PM64's enemy selection the most is because it's a lot more diverse and fresh. TTYD doesn't introduce nearly as many enemies, and it uses variations on old enemies a lot more. Chapter 6 doesn't even have any completely original enemies!
---
#6SpunkySixPosted 1/29/2013 6:36:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7SpunkySixPosted 1/29/2013 6:37:15 PM
64 felt bland overall to me so I'll say TTYD was better by feel alone, but 64 probably factually did have a better selection.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Oh, the food? Tasted like blood...
#8PT_PiranhaPosted 1/29/2013 6:38:22 PM
wiiking96 posted...
PT_Piranha posted...

Which game, in your opinion, has the best selection then? Why do you think that?

I dunno. I guess TTYD. Like in other aspects, I guess I felt that game had a more polished enemy selection than 64.

And you won't like this, but I liked this game's enemy selection too. But of course I'm as upset as the next guy that there aren't any completely new enemies. I just feel like not being too diverse worked in this game. NSMB is mostly the common enemies, but there are a few unique spins put in there, and for a lot of them this is their first time in Paper Mario, and I liked seeing them incorporated in this new way.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#9Chaosmaster00Posted 1/29/2013 6:50:03 PM
So, is this an actual C/D topic, or an "argue the facts" topic?

Because if it's intended to be the former, then D. If the latter, I'm not going to respond to a reply.
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 1/29/2013 6:59:04 PM
It didn't have the BEST, but it wasn't bad.
Personally, I liked TTYD's, even though none of the final dungeon's enemies were unique (they all had cousins from another part of the game).
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg