FE13 proves that this game was ruined by Miyamoto and that IS is a good company.

#1LordYggdrasilXXPosted 2/1/2013 12:17:10 PM
That man should retire already, he is bad for games.
#2DMZappPosted 2/1/2013 1:14:59 PM
Well hopefully, Miyamoto learned from this experience that his vision isn't everyone's vision, and that he may want to re-evaluate that epiphany he had after making Mario Galaxy 1 ("Mario games only need the absolute minimum").

And also, kinda half related, but from the demo, I'm looking forward to buying my first Fire Emblem game with, y'know, Fire Emblem Awakening.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2664-2654-8959
Nothin' much, just cookin'.
#3PT_PiranhaPosted 2/1/2013 2:21:21 PM
I can see why people feel this way about Miyamoto... but it just kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I mean he is kind of the reason this game didn't live up to its potential... but to just disregard him entirely after everything he's done...
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#4SpunkySixPosted 2/1/2013 5:41:41 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
I can see why people feel this way about Miyamoto... but it just kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I mean he is kind of the reason this game didn't live up to its potential... but to just disregard him entirely after everything he's done...

I know that feel. I totally think he made some AWFUL decisions as the supervisor of this project, but he was kind of a childhood idol of mine and I don't mean to not give him credit where it actually is due.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Oh, the food? Tasted like blood...
#5Czar_YoshiPosted 2/2/2013 12:33:05 AM
SpunkySix posted...
PT_Piranha posted...

I know that feel. I totally think he made some AWFUL decisions as the supervisor of this project, but he was kind of a childhood idol of mine and I don't mean to not give him credit where it actually is due.

Yeah, but if he made great, no, legendary stuff in the past, that's still no reason to be on a prolonged bad streak now. Ever since Wii Music (which he admitted to being a dud) I haven't seen anything good come of his interfering. His legacy has earned him many second chances, and anyone but him would've been fired by now, but those second chances are almost up. If he burns us again, it'll be back to 1-up grinding, because he'll have zero spare lives left.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#6JHH62Posted 2/2/2013 12:56:28 AM
I agree, miyamoto doesn't have that same touch he had back then, look at the most recent Mario games sticker star, mk7, Mario tennis open, and the entire nsmb series with the exception of nsmbds
#7Master_GamerPosted 2/2/2013 4:43:07 AM
JHH62 posted...
I agree, miyamoto doesn't have that same touch he had back then, look at the most recent Mario games sticker star, mk7, Mario tennis open, and the entire nsmb series with the exception of nsmbds

Um, Super Mario Bros 3D Land was a great game though? Same with NMSB Wii, and apparently the Wii U game is apparently more of the same. Although, I'm legit surprised at the sheer venom Miyamoto is getting. I mean, I'm pretty depressed that we didn't get another conventional PM, but jeez. I don't remember nearly this much backlash when the Iwata Asks when it was revealed that NSMB2 was as mediocre as it was because the game was designed by new people with no real supervision or quality control.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.
#8Masuta-ZeanotoPosted 2/2/2013 11:14:21 AM
We don't have to go to the extremes and eliminate him from the video game scene, just tell him to be more careful next time.
#9JHH62Posted 2/2/2013 5:05:36 PM
Master_Gamer posted...
JHH62 posted...

Um, Super Mario Bros 3D Land was a great game though? Same with NMSB Wii, and apparently the Wii U game is apparently more of the same. Although, I'm legit surprised at the sheer venom Miyamoto is getting. I mean, I'm pretty depressed that we didn't get another conventional PM, but jeez. I don't remember nearly this much backlash when the Iwata Asks when it was revealed that NSMB2 was as mediocre as it was because the game was designed by new people with no real supervision or quality control.

nsmbwii, nsmb2, and nsmbu are all the same game for different consoles because all they do is blatantly rehash the same worlds, boss battles, same gimmicks, and same soundtracks, and gameplay wise, there isn't much originality between the three either; and nintendo makes absolutely no effort to make a nsmb game that is actually new like nsmbds
#10SpunkySixPosted 2/2/2013 6:04:15 PM
Master_Gamer posted...
JHH62 posted...

NSMB is getting stale and samey, as even if it is technically "improving" it's still FAR from what we could be getting in terms of creativity. Believe me, NSMB2 got plenty of backlash.

Miyamoto has bizarre beliefs that have hurt Galaxy 2, every NSMB game past 1 and this game now.

3D Land was cool enough, and I agree with whoever quoted me.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Oh, the food? Tasted like blood...