FE13 proves that this game was ruined by Miyamoto and that IS is a good company.

#11BringerOfPiePosted 2/2/2013 8:01:36 PM
I know we've given Miyamoto a lot of flack on this board, but have people really been ragging on Intelligent Systems as well? Because that's stupid. Even if this game was completely terrible without any meddling by Miyamoto, I would still think IS is a phenomenal company. One bad game doesn't ruin a developer's reputation. It takes several consecutive bad games for that. Every prolific developer (key word: "prolific", so no, Retro's not quite there yet) has a few bad games under their belt.
#12PT_PiranhaPosted 2/2/2013 11:14:08 PM
There was the expected backlash, but I think most people were okay with SMG2 not having much story, if I recall. I mean the first game hardly had any to begin with.

Yes yes Rosalina has a backstory, but that's it. There is a little bit of a story, but I still don't think it was enough of a story that would make SMG2 appear to be lacking by any real comparison.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#13McmadnessV3Posted 2/3/2013 5:28:37 AM
Why do people keep bringing up miyamoto when it comes to NSMB?

He wasn't in charge of those developement teams.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#14SpunkySixPosted 2/3/2013 6:13:01 AM
McmadnessV3 posted...

He's still a hypocrite because he allows his characters to be used in samey platformers over and over, but complains that this game felt like a "port". He could have said something to the NSMB team if he wanted to, he's Miyamoto for Toad's sake. But no, THIS is the series he arbitrarily decided needed big changes.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Sometimes we even manage to speak words.
#15McmadnessV3Posted 2/3/2013 6:24:40 AM
SpunkySix posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...

He's still a hypocrite because he allows his characters to be used in samey platformers over and over, but complains that this game felt like a "port". He could have said something to the NSMB team if he wanted to, he's Miyamoto for Toad's sake. But no, THIS is the series he arbitrarily decided needed big changes.

Of course he was going to make a comment about this game, he was in charge of the development team, not the NSMB teams. If he had any say on the NSMB games (which he doesn't) than I would imagine he would make a few changes.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#16PT_PiranhaPosted 2/3/2013 8:56:05 AM
Someone once had a counter against "why are PMs allowed to be the same, but not NSMB?" I don't remember what it is.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#17ThatGuyZPosted 2/3/2013 10:06:04 AM
PT_Piranha posted...
Someone once had a counter against "why are PMs allowed to be the same, but not NSMB?" I don't remember what it is.

That counter can be used for just about anything that's seen a number of releases, really:
-The Mega Man (Classic) fanbase with their hatred of 4-8, but extreme love (and by that, I mean ****-sucking) of 9 and 10, just because they were identical to 2, yet pan the entire Battle Network and Star Force series for being "samey"...
-That Mario Kart can either be the same thing with some new tracks thrown in or the formula needs to be revamped completely
-That any 3D Mario game is completely fine being a series of collect-a-thons or just need to be what 3D Land was

All in all, it tends to be contrived, because the PM games weren't necessarily the same, just going by the methods that actually make a sequel and not an Action-Packed Expansion Pack...
---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#18SpunkySixPosted 2/3/2013 10:43:43 AM
McmadnessV3 posted...
SpunkySix posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...

Of course he was going to make a comment about this game, he was in charge of the development team, not the NSMB teams. If he had any say on the NSMB games (which he doesn't) than I would imagine he would make a few changes.

So the creator of Mario has absolutely no say in the creation of main series Mario games? I call bull. The man is insanely influential and actually caused NSMBW to not have the story it was going to, so he's already shown that he CAN change those games. He's being a hypocrite in not doing so, ESPECIALLY with 2, where he had the design team change how Mario used the gold block, but was totally okay with nearly every boss being recycled and having no new world themes.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Sometimes we even manage to speak words.
#19GloryChaosPosted 2/3/2013 10:51:22 AM
In this topic: The director apparently didn't AGREE with Miyamoto about no story in the Iwata Asks and one man makes a whole game by himself.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#20MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/3/2013 11:30:55 AM
Masuta-Zeanoto posted...
We don't have to go to the extremes and eliminate him from the video game scene, just tell him to be more careful next time.

This.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)