Challenge run ideas for TTYD... (possible spoilers)

#1CakeOfLiesPosted 2/2/2013 12:19:04 PM
Hey guys, I'm planning on doing another challenge run for TTYD. I've gone through the game countless times and I want a fresh, but small new challenge.

I've already done HP Only (Final boss was almost impossible)
FP Only (Final boss WAS impossible (I suck at Superguarding, okay?))
BP Only (most fun challenge I've ever done in my life)
and a few other random runs.

I want to go through the game with a different challenge.
My idea right now is
1.) No upgrading Partners
2.) When a Partner falls in battle, I can't use them in battle anymore for the rest of the game (if Koops dies once, I can still use his power outside of battle, but I can't fight with him anymore. He'd be "dead." Life Shrooms are not allowed to revive them)
3.) No inns/heart blocks
4.) No Superguarding

Anybody have any other little ideas? Nothing huge like "No BP" or "beat the Pit before Hooktail" or anything like that.
The way it is, this run already sounds like it'll be hard and fun, but I want some more ideas to consider. Also, is there anything I should take out of the list?
(also posting on TTYD board)
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 2/2/2013 12:24:15 PM
So basically it's Nuzlocke with no inns or superguarding? Sounds promising.
---
Voted as ''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#3wiiking96Posted 2/2/2013 12:50:47 PM
I'll probably try a "No Superguard" run at one point, maybe with a "No Power Plus" restriction as well. One other thing I'm thinking about doing is a run where I switch partners out every turn with Quick Change.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#4MarioPenguin5Posted 2/2/2013 1:04:37 PM
Run around a lake. Invigorating, and challenging!
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#5CakeOfLies(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:21:04 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...

Exactly. A TTYD Nuzlocke Run!
(As an added bonus, I can't name Yoshi "Yoshi." :P)
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#6FierceDeity1026Posted 2/2/2013 9:35:00 PM
I've done no Power Plus (P), Defend Plus (P), Damage Dodge (P), and All or Nothing runs, which were fun because pretty much all of my BP gets poured into those badges, so I got to experiment a lot.

I also did a Goombella's Gambit run, where I'm not allowed to use any other partner in battle (obviously excluding the Armored Harriers battle and Chapter 4) besides Goombella. The Pit of 100 Trials was an absolute disaster though haha

Then I did Koop's Konquest, which was the same thing but with Koops. That went surprisingly well and made Koops my new favorite partner (Shell Shield and Shell Smash ftw!).

I started Flurrie's Fury, but I never finished it. Despite her appearance, Flurrie's not a bad partner at all. Lip Lock + tons of FP (I like having lots of FP) makes her an amazing tank.

My roommate says he has PM:TTYD still, so I will probably restart Flurrie's Fury one day. Then I can move on to Yoshi's [insert noun beginning with "y" to continue alliteration].

Maybe you can try one of these runs in the future, TC.
#7Chaosmaster00Posted 2/2/2013 10:23:19 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...

Exactly. A TTYD Nuzlocke Run!
(As an added bonus, I can't name Yoshi "Yoshi." :P)

Easy. I always name mine Verdugo (curse you KholstareV for getting me in on that name!!).
---
Voted as ''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#8Czar_YoshiPosted 2/3/2013 12:43:34 AM
FierceDeity1026 posted...
My roommate says he has PM:TTYD still, so I will probably restart Flurrie's Fury one day. Then I can move on to Yoshi's [insert noun beginning with "y" to continue alliteration].

Yoshi's Yarn.

I did BP only as well (though I allowed myself to use the FP Plus outside GBT so I could use all the partner moves), and rather than it being a challenge run I found it to be my new favorite way to play through the game. I wasn't aiming for any of these, but I had no deaths/life shrooms used, no attack FX R, I fought all the enemies (including those encountered while backtracking alone in cht 4) no inns/heart blocks (I never needed them), pit before chapter 7, and I finished with exactly 10/10/99 stats. There's never anything wrong with doing that again.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#9funkedelikePosted 2/3/2013 1:08:57 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...

Yoshi's Yarn.

I did BP only as well (though I allowed myself to use the FP Plus outside GBT so I could use all the partner moves), and rather than it being a challenge run I found it to be my new favorite way to play through the game. I wasn't aiming for any of these, but I had no deaths/life shrooms used, no attack FX R, I fought all the enemies (including those encountered while backtracking alone in cht 4) no inns/heart blocks (I never needed them), pit before chapter 7, and I finished with exactly 10/10/99 stats. There's never anything wrong with doing that again.

dude what

this is

what
---
PSN: boozinator23
Steam/LoL/Minecraft: Funkedelike
#10Czar_YoshiPosted 2/3/2013 2:06:46 AM
funkedelike posted...
Czar_Yoshi posted...

Yoshi's Yarn.

dude what

this is

what

What?
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780