Challenge run ideas for TTYD... (possible spoilers)

#11FishyGoodness12Posted 2/3/2013 8:10:40 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Hey guys, I'm planning on doing another challenge run for TTYD. I've gone through the game countless times and I want a fresh, but small new challenge.

I've already done HP Only (Final boss was almost impossible)
FP Only (Final boss WAS impossible (I suck at Superguarding, okay?))
BP Only (most fun challenge I've ever done in my life)
and a few other random runs.

I want to go through the game with a different challenge.
My idea right now is
1.) No upgrading Partners
2.) When a Partner falls in battle, I can't use them in battle anymore for the rest of the game (if Koops dies once, I can still use his power outside of battle, but I can't fight with him anymore. He'd be "dead." Life Shrooms are not allowed to revive them)
3.) No inns/heart blocks
4.) No Superguarding

Anybody have any other little ideas? Nothing huge like "No BP" or "beat the Pit before Hooktail" or anything like that.
The way it is, this run already sounds like it'll be hard and fun, but I want some more ideas to consider. Also, is there anything I should take out of the list?
(also posting on TTYD board)

Put down this crappy game and play Sticker Star instead
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#12CakeOfLies(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:35:33 AM
FishyGoodness12 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Hey guys, I'm planning on doing another challenge run for TTYD. I've gone through the game countless times and I want a fresh, but small new challenge.

My idea right now is
2.) When a Partner falls in battle, I can't use them in battle anymore for the rest of the game (if Koops dies once, I can still use his power outside of battle, but I can't fight with him anymore. He'd be "dead." Life Shrooms are not allowed to revive them)
3.) No inns/heart blocks
4.) No Superguarding

Anybody have any other little ideas? Nothing huge like "No BP" or "beat the Pit before Hooktail" or anything like that.
The way it is, this run already sounds like it'll be hard and fun, but I want some more ideas to consider. Also, is there anything I should take out of the list?

I've heard Sticker Star SUCKS BEYOND COMPARISON.
I'm not buying a 3DS just to play a game that SUCKS.
TTYD is the best of the series and my favorite game of all time.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#13JHH62Posted 2/3/2013 11:36:17 PM
You could try to fight the least amount of enemies as possible so it will be harder to level up
#14CakeOfLies(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:20:48 AM
JHH62 posted...
You could try to fight the least amount of enemies as possible so it will be harder to level up

Well... I'd do that, but it would make the "no inns and Heart Blocks" bit a little easier. And my Partners would have a greater chance of surviving the entire game. And with "No Superguarding", later bosses would be impossible.
---
#15Czar_YoshiPosted 2/4/2013 5:11:54 PM

Shoo, you blasphemous troll, or back up your opinions.

JHH62 posted...

I tried that once and it was so boring I couldn't finish. Why would you want to play through TTYD if you're going to skip the best part of the game?

I feel the same way about 3-heart challenges in Zelda. I don't want to trade looking for heart pieces for a little extra difficulty.

Also, fighting later bosses at super low levels turns into a superguard fest which isn't much fun.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#16CakeOfLies(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:57:09 PM
Czar_Yoshi posted...

Shoo, you blasphemous troll, or back up your opinions.

JHH62 posted...

I tried that once and it was so boring I couldn't finish. Why would you want to play through TTYD if you're going to skip the best part of the game?

I feel the same way about 3-heart challenges in Zelda. I don't want to trade looking for heart pieces for a little extra difficulty.

Also, fighting later bosses at super low levels turns into a superguard fest which isn't much fun.

Yeah... I'm doing a 3-Heart Run in Wind Waker and it's still easy. It just takes less time because now I'm avoiding Heart Pieces so I can't explore anymore. For once I miss the hugeness of the Great Sea... -_-
---
#17FishyGoodness12Posted 2/4/2013 7:59:19 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

My idea right now is
3.) No inns/heart blocks
4.) No Superguarding

You close minded fanboy crybaby troll
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#18CakeOfLies(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:37:51 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

My idea right now is
3.) No inns/heart blocks
4.) No Superguarding

Why am I the close-minded fanboy crybaby troll?

I will pull apart every word in that sentence and throw it back.

Close-minded: I just want to play a game I already own and I don't want to spend 200+ bucks on a system and a game that I'm probably just gonna play once and never touch again.

Fanboy: Why am I the fanboy? I loved all three Paper Mario games that I've played. I feel like playing my favorite of the three, which happens to be TTYD.

Crybaby: TTYD is a better game than SS. From what I've heard, SS is easy, has no story, and has bad gameplay. I asked for advice and you insult my game and when I don't just take it you call me a crybaby?

Troll: Yeah, I ask for advice on a challenge run and you post here telling me to put my favorite game down and spend 200+ bucks on a system and a game claiming that I have bad taste in games... And I'M the troll.

So... I want to have fun this week and you just come in to insult me and my game... And I'm the close-minded fanboy crybaby troll...

If you want to talk about Sticker Star being your favorite in the series, make your own topic about it. Don't come into other people's topics and insult them without reason.
---
#19Czar_YoshiPosted 2/4/2013 8:59:23 PM
CakeOfLies posted...

My idea right now is
3.) No inns/heart blocks
4.) No Superguarding

Fix'd.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#20MarioPenguin5Posted 2/4/2013 10:49:47 PM
do you people even preview your posts

I want to see the juicy stuff without having to scroll down past 5 quotes in a row. just delete the quote tags for the other ones, it ain't hard
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!