Collection of my ideas for a new Paper Mario game

#1wiiking96Posted 2/2/2013 9:33:31 PM
Partners:

Name: Mayzee(female)
Species: Crayzee Dayzee
Backstory:

Mayzee was born to a long line of powerful Crayzee Dayzees that defended their home from a nasty group of Blow Hards(http://mariosplace.weebly.com/uploads/1/1/3/2/113250/4997838.png) and other Pokey subspecies. When Mayzee was born, the Blow Hards kidnapped her and forced her to swallow a plant that prevented her from talking or singing. She was rescued, but she didn't recover.

By the time Mario came upon the home of the Crayzee Dayzee's, they were in deep peril because Mayzee's parents were getting too old to defend their home and Mayzee couldn't help. In order to infiltrate the Blow Hard's thistly fortress, you have to cross a dangerous path and take a young member of the powerful Crayzee Dayzees to a point and have him or her sing, so Mayzee is needed.

Mayzee's parents ask Mario and co. to go to the nest of the local Goonies to get a cure for Mayzee. One of Mario's other partners is necessary to access this area, which is why they weren't able to before. Mario gets the cure and uses it on Mayzee. She gets her voice back and can sing again, but as she was never taught how to speak, she's still mute. Mayzee is very expressive in other ways.

Field Ability: Mayzee sings. This can cause one of 3 things to happen:
A) Cause a plant to grow if you are near one that will react to it(a lot do)
B) Make nearby enemies get confused and stunned(effects may vary)
C) Get a reaction from certain NPCs(involved in several sidequests a few required areas)

Attacks:
1. Notes of Fury: Sings and causes several musical notes to fall on enemies. The damage is randomly distributed among them if there's more than one.
2. Song of Confusion: Sings and confuses 1-3 enemies, depending on how good you are at the action command
3. Chant of Illusion: Sings and disguises Mario and herself as a random enemy(that you've seen at that point). Enemies may or may not choose to attack you.
4A. Vines of Wrath: Sings and causes large vines to constrict an enemy. Damage varies based on "hardness"(a new factor for the battle system).
4B. Canopy of Shielding: Sings and summons a large flower that closes over Mario when he's being attacked. Works similar to Shell Shield, but it's weak/resistant to certain attacks.
4C. Sonata of Assistance: Gives Mario a random positive status effect.

Items:

Field Use Item: Port-o-Pipe
With this item, you can leave a pipe in a location, and then open up another one to it from wherever you are(barring some specific areas). You can go back and forth only once, however, so use it wisely! This is useful for getting to previous locations fast. It's necessary during a time in the main story and for a couple of sidequests. You can hold up to 3 at a time, and they cost 50 Coins at a special shop.

Enemies:

Blooplant: This is a plant based Blooper. It looks like a brown, bark covered blooper with leaves on top and 5 long vines as tentacles. It attacks by shooting seeds at you and slapping you with it's vine tentacles. It will also eject seeds that cause more Blooplants to grow over the course of a few turns. This enemy could have been fought in World 3 of Sticker Star.

Zap Chomp: This is an electrified Chain Chomp with a metal wire in place of a chain. The Chomp will shoot balls of electricity and lash at you with it's metal wire. If two are present in battle, one can restore health or buff another of its kind.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:42:47 PM
Field Abilities:

Field Hammer Throw:
Mario's first Hammer upgrade. Lets him throw hammers in an arc to hit things. Comparable to Kooper, but doesn't retrieve items and has vertical range. Let's Mario use Hammer Throw in battle.

Field Quake Hammer:
Mario's second Hammer upgrade. Lets Mario slam the ground and cause a tremor. Nearby enemies will be stunned, and it can knock down objects and whatnot. Mario has to wait a bit after using it once before using it again. Let's Mario use Quake Hammer in battle.

Grip Boots:
Mario's first Boot upgrade. The Grip Boots let Mario get extra traction on slippery surfaces, get past windy areas, and run up steep slopes ala Super Mario 64. You turn them on and off at will. Let's Mario use an attack where he runs on the ceiling and drops onto an enemies(works like Power Jump).

Voltage Boots:
Lets Mario run on electrified surfaces. Gives Mario the ability to get a static charge and activate special devices. Let's Mario use Voltage Jump in battle; with Voltage Jump, you charge up for one turn and then jump on one enemy for heavy damage the next. Nearby enemies will be hurt by the discharge for lesser damage, and all enemies have a small chance of being stunned.

Major Concepts:

Badge Merging:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario-sticker-star/64573762

Challenge Arena:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario-sticker-star/64577661
---
#3Chaosmaster00Posted 2/2/2013 10:11:35 PM
Now all you need to do is legally forfeit all rights to your ideas to Nintendo so that these actually have a chance of being used... because these are all pretty good ideas and it would be a shame that legality will cause them to be overlooked...
---
Voted as ''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#4Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 2/2/2013 10:23:05 PM
Wow. My best party member idea was an overworked Gearmo and a hip penguin Bumpty.
---
Hamtaro for best anime!
#5Watt64Posted 2/2/2013 10:54:20 PM
I love your ideas! At first I didn't know what a Blow Hard was, but when I looked on Mario Wiki, I found out that you meant those awsome spike ball-shooting cactus enemies from Yoshi's Island (the best game ever) ^_^. I also love Mayzee! She sounds adorable, and would probably be my favorite if she was in a game.
Anyways, I love you're ideas. :) <3
---
"Hi, mister! I'm Watt. Can I, um, get out of here?"
#6wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:33:00 AM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Now all you need to do is legally forfeit all rights to your ideas to Nintendo so that these actually have a chance of being used... because these are all pretty good ideas and it would be a shame that legality will cause them to be overlooked...

Thanks!

I wonder how the process actually works. I would gladly allow them to use my ideas.

Anyway, here's another major concept I thought up:

Item Upgrading System:
Most items you find initially are fairly weak and simplistic, but upgrading them can help you. You upgrade items in an extra room inside the main shop. You have to pay coins to upgrade items.

Example:
- Mushroom[heals 5 HP of Mario or a partner] -> Shair-Shroom[heals both Mario and active party member for 5HP]
- Thunder Bolt[Strikes one enemy for 5 damage] -> Double-Bolt[Strikes two enemies for 5 damage] -> Thunder-Rage[Strikes 5 enemies for 5 damage each)
---
#7FishyGoodness12Posted 2/3/2013 8:09:01 AM
wiiking96 posted...
Partners:

Name: Mayzee(female)
Species: Crayzee Dayzee
Backstory:

Mayzee was born to a long line of powerful Crayzee Dayzees that defended their home from a nasty group of Blow Hards(http://mariosplace.weebly.com/uploads/1/1/3/2/113250/4997838.png) and other Pokey subspecies. When Mayzee was born, the Blow Hards kidnapped her and forced her to swallow a plant that prevented her from talking or singing. She was rescued, but she didn't recover.

By the time Mario came upon the home of the Crayzee Dayzee's, they were in deep peril because Mayzee's parents were getting too old to defend their home and Mayzee couldn't help. In order to infiltrate the Blow Hard's thistly fortress, you have to cross a dangerous path and take a young member of the powerful Crayzee Dayzees to a point and have him or her sing, so Mayzee is needed.

Mayzee's parents ask Mario and co. to go to the nest of the local Goonies to get a cure for Mayzee. One of Mario's other partners is necessary to access this area, which is why they weren't able to before. Mario gets the cure and uses it on Mayzee. She gets her voice back and can sing again, but as she was never taught how to speak, she's still mute. Mayzee is very expressive in other ways.

Field Ability: Mayzee sings. This can cause one of 3 things to happen:
A) Cause a plant to grow if you are near one that will react to it(a lot do)
B) Make nearby enemies get confused and stunned(effects may vary)
C) Get a reaction from certain NPCs(involved in several sidequests a few required areas)

Attacks:
1. Notes of Fury: Sings and causes several musical notes to fall on enemies. The damage is randomly distributed among them if there's more than one.
2. Song of Confusion: Sings and confuses 1-3 enemies, depending on how good you are at the action command
3. Chant of Illusion: Sings and disguises Mario and herself as a random enemy(that you've seen at that point). Enemies may or may not choose to attack you.
4A. Vines of Wrath: Sings and causes large vines to constrict an enemy. Damage varies based on "hardness"(a new factor for the battle system).
4B. Canopy of Shielding: Sings and summons a large flower that closes over Mario when he's being attacked. Works similar to Shell Shield, but it's weak/resistant to certain attacks.
4C. Sonata of Assistance: Gives Mario a random positive status effect.

Items:

Field Use Item: Port-o-Pipe
With this item, you can leave a pipe in a location, and then open up another one to it from wherever you are(barring some specific areas). You can go back and forth only once, however, so use it wisely! This is useful for getting to previous locations fast. It's necessary during a time in the main story and for a couple of sidequests. You can hold up to 3 at a time, and they cost 50 Coins at a special shop.

Enemies:

Blooplant: This is a plant based Blooper. It looks like a brown, bark covered blooper with leaves on top and 5 long vines as tentacles. It attacks by shooting seeds at you and slapping you with it's vine tentacles. It will also eject seeds that cause more Blooplants to grow over the course of a few turns. This enemy could have been fought in World 3 of Sticker Star.

Zap Chomp: This is an electrified Chain Chomp with a metal wire in place of a chain. The Chomp will shoot balls of electricity and lash at you with it's metal wire. If two are present in battle, one can restore health or buff another of its kind.

No
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#8DMZappPosted 2/3/2013 9:42:05 AM
Yes. A Dayzee would be the perfect party member.

How to bring to Nintendo's attention to legally forfeit your ideas to them is something I don't have the full scoop on, but I think it would involve a hand-written signature and a statement that says "I, (insert real name here in message), permanently and irrevocably forfeit any and all legal rights to Nintendo of Japan and Nintendo of America on the following ideas & designs regarding ideas for a possible Paper Mario sequel."

...having typed this, there is something I should have brought up in more detail earlier.

Nintendo gets thousands of ideas from fans all the time, and doesn't have that kind of time to separate the wheat (good) from the chaff (bad). In addition, Nintendo usually just takes general ideas for something they were already doing to confirm it (like Fire Emblem coming to North America). Your stuff is the wheat, of course, but ...yeah. It's a huge roulette of chance.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2664-2654-8959
Nothin' much, just cookin'.
#9StephenYap3Posted 2/3/2013 11:42:14 AM
My goodness, wiiking96. Intelligent Systems and Nintendo could learn a thing or two (or more) from you.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#10MarioPenguin5Posted 2/3/2013 12:27:53 PM
do you want to be congratulated for thinking about improvements to a video game without taking any steps to implement them? not quite understanding the point of this topic.
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!