Anyone else get stuck at this game way too much?

#11Adamario_129Posted 2/11/2013 11:43:42 PM
When I started the game, I told myself I wasn't going to read any walkthroughs at all; I was just going to have a pure, unadulterated Paper Mario experience.

Then I got to the part in the Goomba castle with the fans.

By the time I got to the end, I had a walkthrough open the entire time because it had all become a chore, and I was sick of putting up with this game's crap and just wanted it to be over.
---
"An apostrophe does not mean 'uh-oh, here comes an s.'" - Dave Barry
#12Czar_YoshiPosted 2/11/2013 11:53:24 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
Towards the end of Spirit Tracks I couldn't figure anything out on my own. Now part of that was maybe because by a certain point I'd just developed a dependency on any Spirit Tracks FAQ I could find, but I still don't remember the difficulty of the puzzles fondly.

*Tries very hard to remember the last bit of ST*

Oh... Yeah. I forgot about the entrance to the sand sanctuary. That really was dumb. More of tedious, actually, and bombs are so expensive...

I really enjoyed the final Tower of Spirits. To each his own, I guess.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#13MarioPenguin5Posted 2/12/2013 4:39:33 PM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
To each his own, I guess.

unless you like this game
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#14SpunkySixPosted 2/12/2013 7:36:09 PM
MarioPenguin5 posted...
Czar_Yoshi posted...
To each his own, I guess.

unless you like this game

No, then still to each his own. Unless you specifically state wrong facts or enter a debate, in which case you're expected to back up your position with real facts, which in some cases simply aren't there.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Hey, is that Jack Ryder up there?!?
#15Mariofan15Posted 2/12/2013 8:56:35 PM
I think everyone has gotten stuck with how cryptic the puzzles can be.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#16BringerOfPiePosted 2/12/2013 10:44:46 PM
Puzzles in past Paper Mario games were fair because the tools required to complete the puzzle would be available to you in the same room or same dungeon or whatever. The puzzles in places like Crystal Palace or the Palace of Shadow required lots of thinking, but they didn't require you to leave the dungeon or anything ridiculous like that. Here, if you don't have the right thing sticker to proceed after you've wasted all your current stickers to see if they work, you get to enjoy hours of backtracking through previous worlds to find the right one.
#17john_the_IIIPosted 2/12/2013 10:51:52 PM
This games puzzles are so cryptic you cant solve them by yourself
#18howdydoodlePosted 2/13/2013 12:41:45 PM
BringerOfPie posted...
Puzzles in past Paper Mario games were fair because the tools required to complete the puzzle would be available to you in the same room or same dungeon or whatever. The puzzles in places like Crystal Palace or the Palace of Shadow required lots of thinking, but they didn't require you to leave the dungeon or anything ridiculous like that. Here, if you don't have the right thing sticker to proceed after you've wasted all your current stickers to see if they work, you get to enjoy hours of backtracking through previous worlds to find the right one.

EXACTLY!
---
Video games ruined my life! Fortunately, I still have 2 lives left.
#19megasoniczxxPosted 2/13/2013 4:06:40 PM
Ya know the only things I needed aguide for in this were really just for 2 things for world 2 and 3 but besides that this game wasn't nearly as bad with puzzles as you claim and im not a fanboy of this game either.
#20Mariofan15Posted 2/13/2013 5:41:10 PM
Ya know the only things I needed aguide for in this were really just for 2 things for world 2 and 3 but besides that this game wasn't nearly as bad with puzzles as you claim and im not a fanboy of this game either.

Have you beat it? Because what you said isnt even close to being true.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924