So I'm wondering (spoilers)

#1PT_PiranhaPosted 2/6/2013 11:36:04 AM
In the final battle, Kersti can give you five permanent sticker slots when you activate her ability. I figured that was just the designers being generous and making Mario seem powerful enough to contend with Cardboard Bowser.

But I have no job/relationship, so that left me with some free time to wonder, and I came across a theory that- while it amounts to nothing- made me stop and consider:

Could Mario have five slots for stickers because of the Royal Stickers? I mean, is having that many slots just random generous power, or could it be proportional to the amount of Royal Stickers he had at the time of using Kersti? Both she and the Royal Stickers come from the same place, and the Royal Stickers are revered where she's from.

Mario can only challenge Bowser after getting all five, but let's say in-universe he uses her power earlier in the quest for whatever reason, do you think he might have fewer slots if he had fewer Royal Stickers?

Just a thought.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#2howdydoodlePosted 2/6/2013 12:54:05 PM
too deep for meee....
---
Video games ruined my life! Fortunately, I still have 2 lives left.
#3Bass50Posted 2/6/2013 2:21:20 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
In the final battle, Kersti can give you five permanent sticker slots when you activate her ability. I figured that was just the designers being generous and making Mario seem powerful enough to contend with Cardboard Bowser.

But I have no job/relationship, so that left me with some free time to wonder, and I came across a theory that- while it amounts to nothing- made me stop and consider:

Could Mario have five slots for stickers because of the Royal Stickers? I mean, is having that many slots just random generous power, or could it be proportional to the amount of Royal Stickers he had at the time of using Kersti? Both she and the Royal Stickers come from the same place, and the Royal Stickers are revered where she's from.

Mario can only challenge Bowser after getting all five, but let's say in-universe he uses her power earlier in the quest for whatever reason, do you think he might have fewer slots if he had fewer Royal Stickers?

Just a thought.

So a use the *insert sacred power/artifact* early and receive it's benefits on a smaller scale type of scenario then? It sounds plausible but then again, there's always the chance that without a complete set of artifacts or incomplete power that it could backfire and unleash a heap of bad juju. Of course, there's always the off chance that it comically fizzles out and does nothing after trolling the user(s) with a flashy light show, too. Since it's the Marioverse, I'd go with option one or three; three would seem more likely if Bowser tried to use the incomplete power. Though option two seems like something that would happen if a competent villain; or Bowser on a good villain day tried to wield the power while it's incomplete.
#4PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:37:45 PM
Anyone else have any opinion on the matter?
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#5IvashankoPosted 2/8/2013 2:19:33 PM
Its a video game- and from what I've heard not a particularly deep one. I don't think many people will argue over something like this.
#6SpunkySixPosted 2/8/2013 2:24:24 PM
Ivashanko posted...
Its a video game- and from what I've heard not a particularly deep one. I don't think many people will argue over something like this.

Oh come on, it's for fun.

The chaos emeralds each provide power a little at a time as seen multiple times in the Adventure series, so you might be on to something TC. It's an interesting thought, anyhow.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris