I wonder what the thought process behind Bowser... *spoilers*

#1McmadnessV3Posted 2/6/2013 12:04:42 PM
not talking is?

My first thought it was them being lazy since he has almost no screen time but then I remembered that Bowser will usually talk even in the main Mario games like galaxy and sunshine and he has barely any screen time there either and there are characters like birdo of all people who show up for exactly 20 seconds and still have a line or 2 of dialogue.

Then I thought, maybe they were trying to make him be more intimidating as an actual Monster since all he ever does is roar and growl.

But then you still see him acting silly and goofy (he even laughs along with everyone at the end of the game)

I just don't get it.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#2PT_PiranhaPosted 2/6/2013 12:20:28 PM
I covered this in one topic I made once. What I said was mostly agreeing with a part of your post.

I think it was, in fact, an attempt to make him more intimidating. And for the most part I still think it works.

In the ending, it's okay for him to be goofy because you've already beaten him. He doesn't need to be a threat in this story anymore. Weird that he won't talk even now, but I'm still okay with it up until then.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#3McmadnessV3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:27:26 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
I covered this in one topic I made once. What I said was mostly agreeing with a part of your post.

I think it was, in fact, an attempt to make him more intimidating. And for the most part I still think it works.

In the ending, it's okay for him to be goofy because you've already beaten him. He doesn't need to be a threat in this story anymore. Weird that he won't talk even now, but I'm still okay with it up until then.

I rather wish they would just stick with one form of characterization of Bowser.

Either super goofy or an intimidating monster, don't keep bouncing back and forth.
---
This sig loves you.
#4wiiking96Posted 2/6/2013 12:35:56 PM
He was best in BIS. He was a much more diverse and developed character in that game. He still felt like Bowser, just with additional layers added on top. He did almost everything in the story because he wanted something or knew there was a potential reward(like saving Monsier Broque).
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#5McmadnessV3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:40:11 PM
wiiking96 posted...
He was best in BIS. He was a much more diverse and developed character in that game. He still felt like Bowser, just with additional layers added on top. He did almost everything in the story because he wanted something or knew there was a potential reward(like saving Monsier Broque).

I really hope the next M&L game pulls a super mario land 3.
---
This sig loves you.
#6wiiking96Posted 2/6/2013 2:23:01 PM
McmadnessV3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...

You mean have Fawful be the protagonist?? O-:
---
#7PT_PiranhaPosted 2/6/2013 3:09:37 PM
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...

I think he meant Bowser.

SML3 had Wario as the protagonist and that launched Wario Land. We already have Bowser as the leading man of M&L3, now we just need Bowser Land.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#8wiiking96Posted 2/6/2013 3:18:01 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...

I think he meant Bowser.

SML3 had Wario as the protagonist and that launched Wario Land. We already have Bowser as the leading man of M&L3, now we just need Bowser Land.

But he said that he hopes the next M&L game pulls a Super Mario Land 3, a game whose protagonist was the villain of the previous game.
---
#9PT_PiranhaPosted 2/6/2013 3:44:30 PM
Maybe they meant the next game would pull off its effect, in that it'd be the second Bowser Land game or whatever.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#10McmadnessV3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:17:57 PM
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...

Nah, fawful's dead.

I was more referring to Bowser being the one and only protagonist (or perhaps teams up with his son)
---
This sig loves you.