I wonder what the thought process behind Bowser... *spoilers*

#11wiiking96Posted 2/6/2013 4:32:45 PM
McmadnessV3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...
He was best in BIS. He was a much more diverse and developed character in that game. He still felt like Bowser, just with additional layers added on top. He did almost everything in the story because he wanted something or knew there was a potential reward(like saving Monsier Broque).

I really hope the next M&L game pulls a super mario land 3.

You mean have Fawful be the protagonist?? O-:

Nah, fawful's dead.

I was more referring to Bowser being the one and only protagonist (or perhaps teams up with his son)

But Wario wasn't a protagonist alongside Mario; he was the villain. Fawful works for your comparison better.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#12PT_PiranhaPosted 2/6/2013 4:34:48 PM
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...
He was best in BIS. He was a much more diverse and developed character in that game. He still felt like Bowser, just with additional layers added on top. He did almost everything in the story because he wanted something or knew there was a potential reward(like saving Monsier Broque).

Nah, fawful's dead.

I was more referring to Bowser being the one and only protagonist (or perhaps teams up with his son)

But Wario wasn't a protagonist alongside Mario; he was the villain. Fawful works for your comparison better.

You're not getting your Fawful game.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#13McmadnessV3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:18:46 AM
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...

Nah, fawful's dead.

My comparison was more based off the name. The fact that it was called super mario land 3 and it really had nothing to do with him.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#14Green MambaPosted 2/7/2013 7:59:27 PM
The next Mario & Luigi game is going to remove all of its goofy characters, replace them with different colored Toads, and remove all of Bowser's lines and you're going to like it, damn it.
---
God makes mistakes too...--duderdude3
Agree'd. Most of those mistakes post here.--SwordMaster100
#15CakeOfLiesPosted 2/7/2013 8:53:56 PM
Green Mamba posted...
The next Mario & Luigi game is going to remove all of its goofy characters, replace them with different colored Toads, and remove all of Bowser's lines and you're going to like it, damn it.

I am?
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#16MarioPenguin5Posted 2/7/2013 10:06:14 PM
Green Mamba posted...

this but unironically
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#17SpunkySixPosted 2/8/2013 2:26:38 PM
MarioPenguin5 posted...
Green Mamba posted...

this but unironically

...why.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#18MarioPenguin5Posted 2/8/2013 4:23:13 PM
SpunkySix posted...
...why.

As long as the game is fun to play I am completely down with this change. Fun in gameplay is the only thing I value. Story and whatever else is icing
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#19SpunkySixPosted 2/8/2013 6:15:30 PM
MarioPenguin5 posted...
SpunkySix posted...
...why.

As long as the game is fun to play I am completely down with this change. Fun in gameplay is the only thing I value. Story and whatever else is icing

But why have good cake and crappy icing if you can have good cake and good icing? It's not like Nintendo is incapable of giving us both.

And besides, the bolded part is a half truth. Whether you realize it or not, music, story and atmosphere all affect your gameplay experience. That's why companies even bother with them. When was the last time you played a game with no music, black and white 8-bit graphics and a stupid story and had fun with it? Never. Because that icing is important. You just have lower standards for it.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#20McmadnessV3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:37:02 PM
SpunkySix posted...
MarioPenguin5 posted...
SpunkySix posted...
...why.

But why have good cake and crappy icing if you can have good cake and good icing? It's not like Nintendo is incapable of giving us both.

And besides, the bolded part is a half truth. Whether you realize it or not, music, story and atmosphere all affect your gameplay experience. That's why companies even bother with them. When was the last time you played a game with no music, black and white 8-bit graphics and a stupid story and had fun with it? Never. Because that icing is important. You just have lower standards for it.

Hey now, don't you be dissing the vectrex
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.