Whew, I just beat this game for the fourth time...*Spoilers*

#1StephenYap3Posted 2/6/2013 3:16:04 PM(edited)
Fastest I've beaten: 8:14 (Just now)
Times beaten this game: 4
Total Play Time: 80:44
Times Played: 141

According to my top three games on the Play Time rankings on my Activity Log...

#1) Paper Mario: Sticker Star (80:44)
#2) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (75:42)
#3) Mario Kart 7 (50:41)

-Playthrough Entries-

#1) It's my first time playing this, obviously.
#2) Replaying the game to get all of Wiggler's Diary entries I missed.
#3) Cleared Worlds 1, 3, 4, 5, 2, and 6 in that order. I ignored the 100% part, and done the same for the 4th playthrough, and will guaranteed stay the same for subsequent playthroughs.
#4) Cleared the first 5 worlds (in the correct order), but only restricted myself to using 3 pages of stickers and never fought any of the world bosses until I unlocked all five of their levels. The only time I had to use the additional pages is before fighting Bowser. Then, I've beaten the bosses in Worlds 5, 3, 4, 2, and 1 in that order.

Note: I'm not posting this topic to brag to anybody, expect an award, or cause anything like that. I'm just posting this topic to show what I've done in this game.

Hoo boy. Just now, I've beaten this game for the fourth time, and after all that action, I think I'm gonna rest for a little bit before ringing Round 5. I've been playing this game a lot since I love it (obviously), but the one thing I really enjoyed about this game is that compared to the first three titles, worlds can be cleared in any order you choose (except for World 6, since it's always encountered last). To me, that gives me a reason to continue playing (or replaying, to be specific) this game. So much fun for me. Also, this game is all I've been playing on my 3DS. Sure, I have other games like Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, etc., as well as checking in Streetpass Mii Plaza to spend Play Coins, but I'm just bored of those other games, though I wouldn't want my Play Coins to go to waste. I am thinking of moving on to other future games (like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon) after playing this enough, though.

Of course, I would post a review of this game to GameFaqs, but I only have my smartphone to use and until I can get Wi-Fi to hook up to with my laptop, I don't think I'm going to post any reviews anytime soon.

And lastly, no. I won't be posting another topic like this after beating the game 5 or more times.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#2PT_PiranhaPosted 2/6/2013 3:31:48 PM
Wow, not only someone else who liked the game, but someone who apparently likes it more than me.

I can see myself playing through again, but I generally like to take time off between rounds. I usually wait a year minimum (though that's more just because it turns out that way, rather than conscious avoidance).

I'll have to experiment with doing all of the worlds in odd orders.

What would you say is the bare minimum entry fee for each world? The way I see it:

World 1 - Beat Decalburg.
World 2 - The six stickers on the door.
World 3 - Any Thing that wakes Wiggler up (I'm thinking Trumpet).
World 4 - Beat Surfshine Harbor (Light Bulb and Fishing Hook Things).
World 5 - Beat Surfshine Harbor (Light Bulb and Fishing Hook Things).
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#3Chaosmaster00Posted 2/6/2013 3:37:14 PM
Huh, I did a challenge run like your 4th round. The major difference being I didn't upgrade my health, skipped all non-required battles, and I still beat Bowser with only 3 pages, WITHOUT using Kersti in the final battle either... and then my own third run through the game being my specialized speedrun, beating the game in 5:11.

The game was fun while it lasted, but after the challenge run, I lost the will to push myself when I knew I could beat anything with what little I could access anytime, and I never really had the drive to better my speedrun time because no one has come close to my time... :/
---
''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal of Honor: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#4Chaosmaster00Posted 2/6/2013 3:40:38 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
Would you say is the bare minimum entry fee for each world? The way I see it:

Entry fee, or requirement to beat the entire world? Because just because you don't need much to enter doesn't mean you can beat the world without a Thing you haven't gotten yet.

I have a list of all the Things you NEED to beat the game, and my speedrun topic/challenge topic listed best ways yo get through the game quickly and effectively.
---
''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal of Honor: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#5PT_PiranhaPosted 2/6/2013 4:15:37 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
PT_Piranha posted...
Would you say is the bare minimum entry fee for each world? The way I see it:

Entry fee, or requirement to beat the entire world? Because just because you don't need much to enter doesn't mean you can beat the world without a Thing you haven't gotten yet.

I have a list of all the Things you NEED to beat the game, and my speedrun topic/challenge topic listed best ways yo get through the game quickly and effectively.

I thought that entry fee was literal enough, but I suppose you have a point.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#6SpunkySixPosted 2/6/2013 5:15:03 PM
Wow. Nice playing, TC.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Sometimes we even manage to speak words.
#7Czar_YoshiPosted 2/6/2013 11:40:40 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
What would you say is the bare minimum entry fee for each world? The way I see it:

I don't know exactly when the scam toad appears in Decalburg, but you can use him to skip Whammino Mountain (and possibly do World 2 before most of World 1).

Can a Flashy Infiniump be used for Surfshine instead of the hook?

And can you beat Bowser Jr in world 1 with a hopslipper and skip him in the sea by never going back to Decalburg except through the Enigmansion?
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#8slaterastlePosted 2/7/2013 3:36:51 AM
StephenYap3 posted...
Fastest I've beaten: 8:14 (Just now)
Times beaten this game: 4
Total Play Time: 80:44
Times Played: 141

According to my top three games on the Play Time rankings on my Activity Log...

#1) Paper Mario: Sticker Star (80:44)
#2) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (75:42)
#3) Mario Kart 7 (50:41)

wow you really like the 3DS. And secondly, play FF13, beat all 64 missions, AFTER THAT beat the last boss (easy compared to final mission.) That took me 102 hours and 20 minutes. I did grind through stage 9 in every role with for every character and got all the tier 3 weapons but if you can beat all the missions without that then good for you
#9slaterastlePosted 2/7/2013 3:54:38 AM
Hey Chaosmaster, you're still here? I just came by to see how things were goin on the board and then I saw you here and was like WHAT? dang that is dedication to a game not that great. I mean its definitely cool your still here but I could never not find a way to enjoy this game THAT much to save my life! It's been like 2 months since i made the Plot Hole topic. And that was when I beat the game as much as I wanted to in the 1 run where i finished the museum and got all the hp hearts and beat it in 20 hours (not a great time or anything, just saying how long i played the game.) Anyway with all your knowledge on the game, you should definitely write a walkthrough for it. It would get a star for sure. Anyway I'm out, thanks again for telling me about the spoiler tags.
#10StephenYap3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:47:16 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
PT_Piranha posted...

I don't know exactly when the scam toad appears in Decalburg, but you can use him to skip Whammino Mountain (and possibly do World 2 before most of World 1).

I think he appears before you do 1-3. I'm not sure.

Can a Flashy Infiniump be used for Surfshine instead of the hook?

His HP only goes as low as 20, so no. You still need the Fish Hook. I used the Flashy Hopslipper, also.

And can you beat Bowser Jr in world 1 with a hopslipper and skip him in the sea by never going back to Decalburg except through the Enigmansion?

I'm not sure how to answer the first part, but I know for sure that you can skip to the upper half of the map via the Enigmansion without fighting Jr, and you fight Jr the second time after collecting the first three Royal Stickers.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(