Got somewhere around world 3 before losing all interest

RIP one of my favorite series

I love and cherish the following games:
Super Mario RPG
M&L games
Paper Mario 64
TTYD
BiS
Super Paper Mario was the first sign that something was going wrong, but I still enjoyed it enough to finish the game in a timely manner

can't even bring myself to finish this one, it feels like work, like I'm just beating it to say I did, and I feel obligated to since it's a paper mario game.

/rant for the day
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/GDKT0486
#2UltraCantaloupePosted 2/6/2013 4:10:20 PM
I feel exactly the same way.
---
Hey, thanks for reading this! It took me a while to type it out.
#3PT_PiranhaPosted 2/6/2013 4:18:09 PM
RIP? We don't know if they're ending the series. Oh you mean that it's dead to you. Funny, you don't come off as precognitive enough to tell that they'll never ever make a Paper Mario game that you enjoy ever again.

And forgiveness? What, did this game spit on your family's honor or something? It's a game. A game that's different from its predecessors. It can be bad, but saying that it did something to constitute forgiveness implies that it was actively trying to be malicious towards you.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#4MarioPenguin5Posted 2/6/2013 4:19:50 PM
this game killed my parents and I must write whiny posts about it on a forum on the internet about video games or I will be killed too
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#5chocolatethund4Posted 2/6/2013 4:20:59 PM
MarioPenguin5 posted...
this game killed my parents and I must write whiny posts about it on a forum on the internet about video games or I will be killed too

---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699
#6SpunkySixPosted 2/6/2013 5:17:10 PM
chocolatethund4 posted...
MarioPenguin5 posted...

I'm even not sure why this was made.

Listen TC, there are already plenty of topics concerning things like this. Even if you're legit upset, making another one is redundant, and you really should be watching your phrasing because the series most certainly is not dead.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Sometimes we even manage to speak words.
#7Green MambaPosted 2/7/2013 7:02:58 PM
I would argue that it essentially is--at the very least, the form of Paper Mario games that the topic creator is fond of (i.e., those that follow the formula of the first two Paper Mario games)--seem to be dead and buried for now. It has been eight years since the release of The Thousand Year Door, and in the interim we have gotten two titles that throw large swathes of the first two games' formulas out the window. I'm not saying it's certain, but if I were a betting man I would bet against the reappearance of the old formula at some point in the future.
---
God makes mistakes too...--duderdude3
Agree'd. Most of those mistakes post here.--SwordMaster100
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 2/7/2013 7:48:53 PM
It poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague onto our houses!
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#9StephenYap3Posted 2/8/2013 9:11:54 AM
Felix_Trapper posted...

can't even bring myself to finish this one, it feels like work, like I'm just beating it to say I did, and I feel obligated to since it's a paper mario game.

I know how you feel. I have the same feelings for the last two Mario & Luigi games (Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story). At first when I played Superstar Saga, the first game in the series, my expectations were soaring high into orbit after enjoying it so much, but when its later two sequels came in, my expectations went kersplat.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#10wiiking96Posted 2/8/2013 10:08:41 AM
StephenYap3 posted...
Felix_Trapper posted...

I know how you feel. I have the same feelings for the last two Mario & Luigi games (Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story). At first when I played Superstar Saga, the first game in the series, my expectations were soaring high into orbit after enjoying it so much, but when its later two sequels came in, my expectations went kersplat.

At least both PiT and BIS remain true to Superstar Saga and try to improve upon the formula in some ways. In my opinion, PiT has better bosses and enemies, while BIS has the best soundtrack and the best overworld in the trilogy. They both also add extra depth to the battle mechanics, and BIS has extra features like The Gauntlet.

PiT is definitely the weakest in the series, but it's nowhere near as bad as Sticker Star.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!