So how could the next M&L game change things up?

#1Phantom_NookPosted 2/8/2013 1:46:03 PM
The first one just has the two Bros, PiT added their child counterparts and BiS had them fight inside Bowser who also fought. The popular suggestion is add Wario and Waluigi, but anyone got any other ideas?
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#2quittaboi78Posted 2/8/2013 1:59:53 PM
M&L seems to have died with Fawful, so...
Don't make it a Mario & Luigi game. Make Fawful & the Shroobs
---
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!
#3wiiking96Posted 2/8/2013 2:11:24 PM
I think it would be best if they return to just Mario & Luigi and refine the combat system around them. Bring back the Bros Attacks and have a whole bunch of them(including returning ones).

Something I thought of that could be added could be choosable weapons. It would be a system very reminiscent of Super Mario RPG where each player had various weapons to choose from for their main attack. In a new M&L game, it could work like this:

- You can equip 3 different weapons/abilities at once for attacking
- One of the weapons is always a form of jumping
- For Mario, some weapons/abilities could include: Fire Hand Glove, Koopa Shell, Melee Gloves, FLUDD
- For Luigi, some weapons/abilities could include: Thunder Hand Glove, Poltergust, Melee Boots
- For both: Axe, Ice Hand Gloves, Jumbo Boots
- Some weapons are also available to use in the overworld(like the axe to cut things).
- Weapons have different effects in battle; some are very helpful for specific bosses and enemies.

Another thing I would be interested in being done different is having the game be in full 3D. Mario and Luigi in the overworld would control much like they do in the 3D Marios, with Bros moves added in to solve puzzles.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#4pokemongamesPosted 2/8/2013 2:43:10 PM
I'd like to play as Bowser again.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and I am 100% proud of it.
#5pikachupwnagePosted 2/8/2013 2:52:36 PM
Full 3D. Worlds like SM64 but made to suit an RPG.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#6MarioPenguin5Posted 2/8/2013 3:22:00 PM
make it bad, am I right?
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#7SpunkySixPosted 2/8/2013 5:18:18 PM
Subversions. Like, it looks like the macguffin is gonna break in to pieces like always, but then it doesn't and instead some other wacky thing happens. Just to keep things from becoming too predictable/formulaic.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#8wiiking96Posted 2/8/2013 5:35:18 PM
For story, I think focusing on the Star Lore would be a step in the right direction; something related to the previous games, but still fresh.

The world you explore would be a giant kingdom where the people of the Star Realm live in the sky. The main hub town would be Star Haven, with the Star Shrine nearby. Each different area you explore would relate to a different part of the star mythology: One area would be the home of the Star Sprites, another would be a crystal area that explains where the Cobalt Star came from, another would be a training ground for defenders of the Star Realm, and another could be a place where the outcasts of the Star Realm live; there, the origin of the Dark Star would be explained. Most lore would be optional, however, for those players that don't really care about that stuff.

The main conflict could involve the Shroobs reeking havoc on various areas of the Star Realm, and you have to liberate the different areas that get captured.
---
#9McmadnessV3Posted 2/8/2013 7:23:33 PM
Make it entirely about Bowser.

And the villains could be the shroobs (they did say they would return and Bowser is holding a bunch of them in cold storage for some reason)
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#10wiiking96Posted 2/8/2013 7:32:35 PM
McmadnessV3 posted...
Make it entirely about Bowser.

And the villains could be the shroobs (they did say they would return and Bowser is holding a bunch of them in cold storage for some reason)

Let's wait till we get another true Mario & Luigi game before a spin-off like that.
---