So how could the next M&L game change things up?

#21wiiking96Posted 2/9/2013 1:05:05 PM
StephenYap3 posted...
As for the equipment, SS's equipment was very balanced and diverse, with pants increasing HP, DEF, and giving effects while the badges increased BP, POW, and also gave effects. PiT and BIS's equipment was just simply upgrading to stronger equipment than being given a wide variety of equipment without more than a few of them being the same, and ditto that only the pants increased stats after SS. Bring the depth and diversity of the equipment from SS back, please.

I didn't see any problems with the equipment system in BIS. I mean, it had things like Treasure Specs, Challenge Medal, and Vengeance Cape that had some unique effects. Just look at the list for Bros Gear: http://www.ign.com/wikis/mario-luigi-bowsers-inside-story/Bro_Gear

The ability to equip 3 types of gear at once was also a nice addition.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#22gamestar3000Posted 2/9/2013 1:06:34 PM
In the mario universe, pants = knight armor apparently
---
U got pwned
#23SpunkySixPosted 2/9/2013 3:06:37 PM
If they go back to SSS style then fine, but please God don't bring back changing character order. That was an okay idea for its time, but it was also obnoxious to have to high jump everywhere and swap around constantly.

Bros Attacks would be fine, though.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#24wiiking96Posted 2/9/2013 6:43:46 PM
SpunkySix posted...
If they go back to SSS style then fine, but please God don't bring back changing character order.

But that was one of the best aspects of Superstar Saga. It allowed for intricate puzzles and for the Bros to be separate at many times.

. . . it was also obnoxious to have to high jump everywhere

Then don't have the High Jump, and have something used less frequently in place of it; problem solved.

and swap around constantly.

I didn't have a problem with it, and you're the only person I've ever heard complain about this.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#25toad133Posted 2/10/2013 3:55:20 AM
I personally am against the Shroobs returning to some of the ideas that suggested this. They aren't bad characters by any means, but they don't fit an M&L game with it's comical atmosphere and PiT suffered from that.

I'd like to see Wario and Waluigi join...too bad it won't ever happen.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#26SpunkySixPosted 2/10/2013 5:48:02 AM
wiiking96 posted...
SpunkySix posted...
If they go back to SSS style then fine, but please God don't bring back changing character order.

But that was one of the best aspects of Superstar Saga. It allowed for intricate puzzles and for the Bros to be separate at many times.

. . . it was also obnoxious to have to high jump everywhere

Then don't have the High Jump, and have something used less frequently in place of it; problem solved.

and swap around constantly.

I didn't have a problem with it, and you're the only person I've ever heard complain about this.

It was annoying. If they can make it less intrusive and less of a chore, (because let's be honest, changing the order and then shoulder bumping to high jump/spin jump/whatever isn't a puzzle since the applications for it were fairly obvious) then so be it. Otherwise, it should stay out.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#27Phantom_Nook(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 2:27:58 PM
Well it looks like Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is mixing SS and BIS in a sense. I'm OK with this.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#28PT_PiranhaPosted 2/14/2013 4:00:52 PM
Oh I know, let's go into Luigi's dreams- *brick'd*
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#29KAMMYqueenPosted 2/15/2013 3:41:47 AM
wrong board
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa must be in Super Smash bros 4! For the People!
#30megasoniczxxPosted 2/15/2013 6:26:51 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
Full 3D. Worlds like SM64 but made to suit an RPG.

This wish became reality as of yesterday.