Paper Mario! WTF Happened to you?

#1vejetaPosted 2/16/2013 3:16:52 PM(edited)
Is this game serious?

No exp?

Endless backtracking for 'Thing' stickers I forgot where they are?

The game is graphicly beautiful and I really like the way they did the world map but this whole sticker thing is a real turn off.

Seriously thinking of quitting this.

I was going to give my copy to my little nephew but now im not sure I wanna put a little kid through such torture.
---
SSBB FC: 0302 - 1298 - 2022 Name: Jab
PSN: Jab_187
#2ultimategamerz0Posted 2/16/2013 4:58:22 PM
I agree. I have every pm game and personally found the first the best
#3PT_PiranhaPosted 2/16/2013 5:43:38 PM(edited)
vejeta posted...
I was going to give my copy to my little nephew but now im not sure I wanna put a little kid through such torture.

Oh come off it. So it's not the game you wanted, it's not "torture".

In fact, he'd probably enjoy the game because little kids aren't old enough to be jaded and spoiled in terms of what they like in a video game.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#4CrazyMechaPosted 2/16/2013 6:07:55 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
vejeta posted...

In fact, he'd probably enjoy the game because little kids aren't old enough to be jaded and spoiled in terms of what they like in a video game.

Oh come off it. He's get stuck too early in the game to be tortured in later levels. Oh and about being spoiled? No, it's just that we have a few expectations about series that we love, which you apparently don't have at all.
---
3DS friend code: 3453-9857-4262
#5vejeta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:37:13 PM(edited)
Basically this game you just run around avoiding all enemies most of the time,

backtrack alot to accumulate Thing Stickers to take down bosses,

and use said Thing Stickers to solve insanely unobvious puzzles, which means more and more backtracking to reclaim those same Stickers for the next boss fight again.

Its a joke! How can people defend this?

Such a shame such amazing use of 3D and lovely colourful world to explore is ruined by a gimick that was not well thought out and executed poorly.
---
SSBB FC: 0302 - 1298 - 2022 Name: Jab
PSN: Jab_187
#6Watt64Posted 2/16/2013 6:53:57 PM
vejeta posted...

and use said Thing Stickers to solve insanely unobvious puzzles, which means more and more backtracking to reclaim those same Stickers for the next boss fight again.

Such a shame such amazing use of 3D and lovely colourful world to explore is ruined by a gimick that was not well thought out and executed poorly.

I agree with you.
---
"Hi, mister! I'm Watt. Can I, um, get out of here?"
#7john_the_IIIPosted 2/16/2013 7:02:25 PM
vejeta posted...

I also couldnt agree more with you and the lack of story or characters, as well as the linear plot in this game make it even worse; this is not the paper Mario we all knew and loved
#8Mariofan15Posted 2/16/2013 9:24:34 PM
vejeta posted...

You shouldnt be telling him to come off it with the way your acting. The game is torture because of how bad it is.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#9megasoniczxxPosted 2/16/2013 9:39:00 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
vejeta posted...

I somewhat have to agree with this sides, this game isn't really all that bad, not the paper mario we were expecting but still good on an average basis but I will admit nintendo dropped the ball on this one big time.
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 2/17/2013 8:19:14 AM
With each passing day... I want this game less...

There's no way I'm getting it.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47