Just got this game (thank you Best Buy $20 deal).

#1CubeTVPosted 2/19/2013 2:25:19 PM
I heard about how bad this game is when compared to the other Paper Mario games. Should I have low expectations when playing or high expectations when playing? or should I not play it at all and return it to Wal-Mart for $20 profit?
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#2ckfy63aPosted 2/19/2013 2:44:05 PM
CubeTV posted...
I heard about how bad this game is when compared to the other Paper Mario games. Should I have low expectations when playing or high expectations when playing? or should I not play it at all and return it to Wal-Mart for $20 profit?

The game isn't terrible compared to its predecessors; different, but not terrible. I'd go into it with slightly lowered expectations, but its not *atrocious*, as many on this board would like you to think.

It's definitely worth a play for $20.
#3PT_PiranhaPosted 2/19/2013 2:44:36 PM
Play it, but don't expect it to beat out TTYD. Keep an open mind.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#4CubeTV(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:37:27 PM(edited)
After playing for 30 minutes, so far I greatly enjoy this game. I like the strategies and different approaches you can make with the stickers. It reminds me GREATLY of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories.

and uh... I actually died on the first stage called "Warm Fuzzie Plains" XD This game is definitely a great change of pace compared to the awesome TTYD. This game is like the Mario Party Advance of the Paper Mario games. Good on it's own, can't be compared to the others in the series, nearly different gameplay while still staying true to it's turn based roots and the first handheld one.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#5Mariofan15Posted 2/19/2013 6:36:20 PM
After playing for 30 minutes, so far I greatly enjoy this game. I like the strategies and different approaches you can make with the stickers. It reminds me GREATLY of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories.

and uh... I actually died on the first stage called "Warm Fuzzie Plains" XD This game is definitely a great change of pace compared to the awesome TTYD. This game is like the Mario Party Advance of the Paper Mario games. Good on it's own, can't be compared to the others in the series, nearly different gameplay while still staying true to it's turn based roots and the first handheld one.

You'll change your opinion on the game when you get further in where you'll be forced to backtrack a lot.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#6PT_PiranhaPosted 2/19/2013 6:53:22 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

You'll change your opinion on the game when you get further in where you'll be forced to backtrack a lot.

To be fair, backtracking in this game is a lot faster over all, though.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."