C/D: 5-3 is the worst stage in the game

#1Link484Posted 2/24/2013 5:31:26 PM
The one with the big purple wish on the river. Easily and by far the worst part of the game in my opinion. It's EXTREMELY long and boring, and hard too with instant death's and no checkpoints. I died more on this stage than in all other parts of the game combined. And on top of that, if you go for 100% you need to do it at least twice, and if you miss something like I did, 3 times.
---
Black Friend code: 3138 6684 1752
Xbox Live Gamertag: Szabu991
#2SullyTheStrangePosted 2/24/2013 5:46:54 PM
It all boils down to whether or not the fish feels like killing you. If he does, you're screwed. If he's feeling a bit lazy that day, he'll let you off the hook.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#3Czar_YoshiPosted 2/24/2013 10:47:48 PM
D. For me that honor goes to 5-1.

Decalburg was pretty bad too, just an amphitheater with some generic houses outside. Not interesting, nothing to explore, and nothing to do once you've beaten it except buy things, fling things, and the museum.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#4CopShow GuyPosted 2/25/2013 12:06:13 AM
SullyTheStrange posted...
It all boils down to whether or not the fish feels like killing you. If he does, you're screwed. If he's feeling a bit lazy that day, he'll let you off the hook.

A fish letting a man off the hook?! How absurd!
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#5SullyTheStrangePosted 2/25/2013 12:23:38 AM
CopShow Guy posted...
A fish letting a man off the hook?! How absurd!

He may make for a horrible level but at least he's got a sense of irony, eh?
---
#6LonelyGoombaPosted 2/25/2013 3:44:23 AM
5-3 was fun the first time...

but then, there's too many secrets on that level so I ended up playing over about 5 times and it just killed it... was so sick of it
---
Watch my video's please...or else...
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#7PT_PiranhaPosted 2/25/2013 2:33:05 PM
The fish never killed me, I think I had the hang of it the second time (kept coming back for secrets). I only found the secret exit on my final trip though, so maybe he gets harder once that's accomplished?

In my opinion, 4-4 is the worst stage in the game. A one-room shop. Easily the lowest point of what I consider to be one of the better worlds.

At least with 3-6, it was the first time, a welcome break from all of the levels, and it had more to do than 4-4.

At least with 6-1, there was some storyline progression. Not a lot, but it was there. We finally take our first steps to conquering Bowser.

At least with 6-3, you have the final battles with Kamek and Bowser.

And in 5-6 they managed to work in a shop and still have a full level.

This is all just my opinion, though.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#8SullyTheStrangePosted 2/25/2013 4:03:15 PM
My guess was that they wanted the shop to be its own level because you'd have to keep coming back for those door stickers.
---
#9PT_PiranhaPosted 2/25/2013 4:09:52 PM
SullyTheStrange posted...
My guess was that they wanted the shop to be its own level because you'd have to keep coming back for those door stickers.

That's 3-6, not 4-4.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#10SullyTheStrangePosted 2/25/2013 4:33:57 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
That's 3-6, not 4-4.

lol oops. Mixed up my shop levels. I guess 3-6 had a BIT more to it though.
---