C/D: 5-3 is the worst stage in the game

#11silktailPosted 2/25/2013 5:09:07 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
The fish never killed me, I think I had the hang of it the second time (kept coming back for secrets). I only found the secret exit on my final trip though, so maybe he gets harder once that's accomplished?

Yes the Cheep-Chomp only gets difficult(/faster), after you collect the comet piece leading to 5-4.

That does also mean that you could play the level twice, get all the stickers/secrets/etc and never have to face the difficult version.
(So it's only the worst stage if you have to go back for Megaflash Infinijump stickers.)
---
#12Link484(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 5:20:15 PM
silktail posted...
PT_Piranha posted...
The fish never killed me, I think I had the hang of it the second time (kept coming back for secrets). I only found the secret exit on my final trip though, so maybe he gets harder once that's accomplished?

Yes the Cheep-Chomp only gets difficult(/faster), after you collect the comet piece leading to 5-4.

That does also mean that you could play the level twice, get all the stickers/secrets/etc and never have to face the difficult version.
(So it's only the worst stage if you have to go back for Megaflash Infinijump stickers.)
---

Yeah, except if you got the exit to 5-4 first (AND missing the Megaflash Infinijump sticker like I did).
---
Black Friend code: 3138 6684 1752
Xbox Live Gamertag: Szabu991
#13super_luigi16Posted 2/25/2013 5:28:17 PM
Link484 posted...
The one with the big purple wish on the river.

Dem purple wishes get me too. =/

No, the worst stage was Loop Loop River in World 3. *shudder*
---
Luigi > Mario
Current Project
: 2012 FAQ Tournament | Upcoming Project: Luigi's Mansion FAQ
#14PT_PiranhaPosted 2/25/2013 5:36:20 PM(edited)
SullyTheStrange posted...
PT_Piranha posted...
That's 3-6, not 4-4.

lol oops. Mixed up my shop levels. I guess 3-6 had a BIT more to it though.

It did, at least you could sling things, and it even foreshadowed Gooper Blooper. Not to mention introducing Mystery Doors (like you said) and providing the Thing necessary to beat the big Cheep-Cheep.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."