So what exactly did Miyamoto DO to ruin this game?

#112ehstevePosted 2/27/2013 9:39:42 AM
I'm always seeing how it was because of him personally that this game ended being lackluster, but exactly did he do contribution/decision-making wise to cause this?
---
http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/ehsteve12/
My Legend of Zelda Collection - Last update Feb. 14/13
#2StephenYap3Posted 2/27/2013 10:08:09 AM
He removed the story and banned new characters. That's all I know.
---
Awaiting for Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#3McmadnessV3Posted 2/27/2013 11:14:14 AM
You know, even with these restrictions there are still plenty more they could have done with this game.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#4nazacuckooPosted 2/27/2013 11:36:08 AM
StephenYap3 posted...

Does that mean the new mario and Luigi game won't have any new characters?
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
#5PT_PiranhaPosted 2/27/2013 11:44:30 AM
McmadnessV3 posted...
You know, even with these restrictions there are still plenty more they could have done with this game.

Yeah, but since he didn't want story in some other Mario games, people are turning on him. Especially with a lot of NSMB games lately (even though he wasn't involved).

And because of the new Fire Emblem, some people are all like "all is forgiven, Intelligent Systems!" They are now magically obsolved of anything wrong with this game, all the blame shifted to Miyamoto. (Though making a Fire Emblem game and making a Paper Mario game aren't exactly the same thing...)
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 2/27/2013 12:45:44 PM(edited)
nazacuckoo posted...
StephenYap3 posted...

Does that mean the new mario and Luigi game won't have any new characters?

They might not.
I know that Chippy is back as the sidekick (or at least a character) instead of magically disappearing like Stuffwell did.

I miss Superstar Saga's sidekick... :'(
Miyamoto ruined that sidekick by not returning them...
Then when Chippy comes along and is the second most annoying sidekick in the M&L series, he brings her back.

Who was SSS's sidekick, you ask?
Exactly.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#7Chaosmaster00Posted 2/27/2013 2:48:26 PM
Who was SSS's sidekick

Spangle?
#8Master_GamerPosted 2/28/2013 2:45:32 AM
I miss some of the story, but Super Paper Mario got really goddamned wordy at points with just exposition and boring ****, which even the other two games were guilty of at a few points. Like, there's still quite a bit wrong with the game even disregarding Miyamoto's interference, but it's still fun and charming, two things that every negative review implied if not outright stated were nonexistent. Hell, I think this a better game than the first Paper Mario. And considering the massive improvements from PM to TTYD Sticker Star 2's probably gonna be the best Mario RPG around.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.
#9SullyTheStrangePosted 2/28/2013 3:53:39 AM(edited)
Miyamoto took two of the best qualities of every other game in the series, and said "nah, man."
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#10arvilinoPosted 2/28/2013 4:51:50 AM(edited)
He accidentally spilled his coffee on the new character concept arts, except Kersti's. Luckily they rectified this error by getting Miyamoto a new cup of coffee.