Why do people hate this game so much? I have it and it's good.

#1megaflashmarioPosted 2/28/2013 7:56:42 AM
So many reviews say stuff like '' terrible game '' '' toilet paper '' I just don't get it! I think the game has a few flaws. But besides that I love it!
#2FieldTornOutlawPosted 2/28/2013 8:02:09 AM
Because it's not an RPG like the previous entries in the series. I never played them so I can't comment on that point of view, but from a standalone look at the game, I enjoyed it...
---
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328
#3OmegaLink137Posted 2/28/2013 12:05:19 PM
This game is good, but I have played Super Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door and they are waaaaay better. Paper Mario has always been an RPG and always should be.
---
I AM ERROR.
#4RMR_SS_BBSPosted 2/28/2013 1:15:43 PM
Clearly, TC, you haven't played any of the previous Paper Mario games.

Sticker Star is an alright game on its own, but it's bottom-tier terrible when compared with the previous three games in the Paper Mario series.
#5Mariofan15Posted 2/28/2013 3:03:05 PM
So many reviews say stuff like '' terrible game '' '' toilet paper '' I just don't get it! I think the game has a few flaws. But besides that I love it!

Ha,no. This game doesnt just have a "few" flaws -_-. It has way more then that. You clearly never played previous games in the series.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#6avengahPosted 2/28/2013 3:42:22 PM
Two in a row... we are lost.

This game is different from previous entries, and I knew that before I bought it. I don't constantly compare it to the others; it's its own game.
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#7megasoniczxxPosted 2/28/2013 4:20:19 PM
The simple answer is that it simply doesn't hold up to the others.

The detailed answer is because (without comparing it to the others) it has a lot of flaws and I will list the ones that are most complained about

-cryptic puzzles, they really weren't that bad for the most part and only a couple really made me think for hours so I think this one is somewhat of an overreaction but I can see where everyone is coming from since your main helper really doesn't help you at all besides stating out obvious facts.

-tedious bosses, all the bosses in this game (literally all) come down to the simple "either you have it or don't clause" my initial feeling coming into this game was that using the right thing stickers on bosses was completely optional but in all honesty for most of them it is really annoying without them since most of the bosses will either give you a game over or have you nearly drained of all of your stickers before you can beat them without the right thing and only 2 from my experience can be done easily without (heck one shouldn't even require one at all).

-simplified battle system and no party members, the battle system on this game is incredibly simplified to the point where really the only thing you do is select stickers and press A to get the action command on all of them (to be honest with a system like this im surprised this didn't just become an ios game) and the lack of party members doesn't really irk me that much but most people would have preferred to have them.

Personally, I was still able to enjoy the game even with all of this and trust me this game has many many many more flaws than what I just said (okay there aren't really that many apart from these but you get it).
#8avengahPosted 2/28/2013 5:02:34 PM
I never got stuck, so I don't think the puzzles are overly cryptic. I just think that some people (especially younger people) are so used to having their hands held that they've lost the ability to think for themselves. They should try playing some Zelda 1, or even some old Sierra adventure games.
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#9gamecube101Posted 2/28/2013 5:07:41 PM
If this game was made before any of the other paper marios, it would recieve very little hatred. On it's own, its a solid, if not spectacular game. It's the fact that its part of a series of some of the most imaginative and enjoyable games nintendo has ever made thats the problem. It doesn't live up to the name paper mario.
#10wiiking96Posted 2/28/2013 5:09:53 PM
gamecube101 posted...
If this game was made before any of the other paper marios, it would recieve very little hatred. On it's own, its a solid, if not spectacular game. It's the fact that its part of a series of some of the most imaginative and enjoyable games nintendo has ever made thats the problem. It doesn't live up to the name paper mario.

In it's own right, it's a highly flawed, unsatisfying, and unmemorable game. 7/10 at best.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!