Why do people hate this game so much? I have it and it's good.

#21vejetaPosted 2/28/2013 11:01:14 PM
I think the bottom line is that its not what Paper Mario fans are used to / were expecting.

I hated it at first but stuck with it and have now grown to like it.

I think it deserves a 7/10 at best which is not a terrible score.

Not having to level up seems weird at first but building up an arsenal of stickers in a way is the alternative to needing to grind. In some ways its refreshing as it means you can choose how much you want to fight.

I do feel however that it feels like the game has been 'streamlined' from what we're used to from the series and feels a lot less 'epic' than say TTYD.
---
SSBB FC: 0302 - 1298 - 2022 Name: Jab
PSN: Jab_187
#22WhataRecchPosted 3/1/2013 10:37:53 PM
From 14:59 to 24:20 these guys do a good job of explaining why it's a bad game. I've already posted why I think this game is terrible several times and I'm a little too lazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKhsSwvnRrE
#23CopShow GuyPosted 3/2/2013 12:17:57 AM(edited)
I've not played the first two Paper Mario games and enjoyed SPM. This game fell short. Battles served no purpose because the only way to actually get stronger was to find HP ups in the stages.

Battles also weren't very fun because they were turn-based and you couldn't choose which enemy to attack. I'm not saying turn based battles are bad, but when you don't need to do them in the first place, they just waste time.

Most Thing puzzles were easy enough to figure out, but some were so oddly specific and nonsensical that they were just frustrating. Similar reason for boss battles. I also didn't appreciate Kersti saying I did poorly when I didn't use the "right" Things for the first 2 bosses (I did world 1 and then world 3 first).

That and I'm a little upset with what the music gallery turned out to be. So there's no way for me to hear the Gooper Blooper boss battle music on that file ever again?
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#24Czar_YoshiPosted 3/2/2013 10:32:28 AM
CopShow Guy posted...
That and I'm a little upset with what the music gallery turned out to be. So there's no way for me to hear the Gooper Blooper boss battle music on that file ever again?

To be fair, that's what Youtube is for. Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXZbQ0ZI4E4

I've made it quite clear before what I think about this game's changes to the series and don't really feel like typing out all that again right now.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#25CopShow GuyPosted 3/2/2013 12:40:56 PM
I've known about the music being on Youtube, but I'd have enjoyed having it in game as well. I have quite a few video game soundtracks available to me without having to use the internet.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#26Pikablu45Posted 3/3/2013 8:43:26 PM
I can't believe some people are comparing this with TTYD and PM. Those two games are in a completely different tier to SPM and this game. Paper Mario has always been an RPG. Those two games were amazing and why they choose to get rid of all aspects of a formula that worked was beyond me. Instead they went along with the horrible Super Mario theme - horrible. And then to make things even worse in this game they've eliminated party members and the RPG elements. Can't believe anyone can defend this load of tosh.
---
Lang Zi says 'Furio Tigre can only be half the beastly hot man my descendant can be...'
You go Shifu!! *Fangirl Roar*
#27avengahPosted 3/4/2013 4:02:53 AM(edited)
You call the Super Mario theme horrible, but many, MANY fans of SMB3, World, Galaxy etc. and even the NSMB games would like a word with you.

Also, you're a hypocrite. You say you don't know how anyone can compare it, then you compare it yourself. Take your own advice.

This is why I've not been getting involved in these pointless arguments.
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#28megaflashmario(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 6:17:06 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
So many reviews say stuff like '' terrible game '' '' toilet paper '' I just don't get it! I think the game has a few flaws. But besides that I love it!

Ha,no. This game doesnt just have a "few" flaws -_-. It has way more then that. You clearly never played previous games in the series.

I have played the previous games!
#29megaflashmario(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 6:23:52 AM
avengah posted...
You call the Super Mario theme horrible, but many, MANY fans of SMB3, World, Galaxy etc. and even the NSMB games would like a word with you.

Also, you're a hypocrite. You say you don't know how anyone can compare it, then you compare it yourself. Take your own advice.

... DUDE!!!!!! I LOVE THE SUPER MARIO THEME!!!!!!! I love all those games!!!!! And I wrote a review!!!! It's probably isn't posted yet though :(
#30megaflashmario(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 6:26:56 AM
megaflashmario posted...
avengah posted...

... DUDE!!!!!! I LOVE THE SUPER MARIO THEME!!!!!!! I love all those games!!!!! And I wrote a review!!!! It's probably isn't posted yet though :(

I just want to know others opinions that haven't wrote a review :( Next time think avengah!