This is the second best pm game.

#61Adamario_129Posted 3/4/2013 11:06:30 PM(edited)
berenddebeer posted...
Adamario_129 posted...
berenddebeer posted...
Pmss is not an rpg.

"Mario Kart 8 is not a racing game."

"Super Mario Galaxy 3 is not a platformer."

"Mario Party 10 is a first-person shooter."

You think it is a rpg? Lol

...What?

No, Sticker Star absolutely is not an RPG. When have I ever said anything to indicate it was?

I'm saying Paper Mario games are supposed to be RPGs. The fact that Sticker Star is not an RPG is the problem.

Look at my post again. Read those game titles more carefully. Notice how those are games that don't exist yet? The point I was making is not "Saying Sticker Star isn't an RPG is like saying Mario Kart Wii isn't a kart racing game." I was saying "Making a Paper Mario game that's not an RPG is like if the next Mario Kart game to come out actually wasn't a kart racing game."

Mario Kart is a spinoff series where you have the Mario characters riding go-karts on race circuits. If they were to make a Mario Kart game where, instead of racing karts, you managed a ski resort, and the gameplay was like a Tycoon game, then that would not be a Mario Kart game, regardless of who made it or what it's called, because it doesn't have any of the defining characteristics of the Mario Kart series (Again, note that this doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game! It could be the best ski resort management sim in the world, but if there's no racing, it's horrible as a Mario Kart game).

Paper Mario is a spinoff series where you have the Mario characters in an RPG setting, with characters and stories. If you have a Paper Mario game where there's no characters, no story, and no RPG elements, then I don't care who the developer was or what it's called or what the graphics look like. It's not a Paper Mario game, because it utterly abandoned the fundamental defining characteristics of the Paper Mario series. It's certainly the best "sticker battle adventure" game I've ever played, but it does not come anywhere close to being a Paper Mario game.
---
"An apostrophe does not mean 'uh-oh, here comes an s.'" - Dave Barry
#62john_the_IIIPosted 3/4/2013 11:19:47 PM
If "that's what I think" is the best argument you can come up with then I know not to take you seriously
#63berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 5:48:21 AM
john_the_III posted...
If "that's what I think" is the best argument you can come up with then I know not to take you seriously

That's all there is dude.
#64avengahPosted 3/5/2013 9:51:38 AM(edited)
Yes, it's the best SBA game to ever be released for any computer or console ever. Hehe :)

EDIT: Google recognises SBA now! Try searching for "sticker star" sba and it'll include results containing "sticker battle adventure"!
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#65Pikablu45Posted 3/5/2013 4:54:41 PM
berenddebeer posted...
john_the_III posted...

It seems that you've made quite a few topics based on the same discussion - about how you love this game and you don't know what other people are on about. And you've made several topics (not just this one)...so either you're playing dumb or more likely you're attention seeking.
---
Lang Zi says 'Furio Tigre can only be half the beastly hot man my descendant can be...'
You go Shifu!! *Fangirl Roar*
#66avengahPosted 3/5/2013 6:08:51 PM
By the way, my post there was a joke. I hate to explain the obvious but since this game is the ONLY SBA ever released for any machine ever, it's automatically the best. And the worst. See?

Sorry to all of you who realised that, but I've encountered a lot of people who take things literally recently. I'd hate for it to happen again here.
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#67john_the_IIIPosted 3/5/2013 8:59:50 PM
Pikablu45 posted...
berenddebeer posted...
john_the_III posted...

It seems that you've made quite a few topics based on the same discussion - about how you love this game and you don't know what other people are on about. And you've made several topics (not just this one)...so either you're playing dumb or more likely you're attention seeking.

If he keeps reiterating the same topic over and over again, he's most likely an attention seeking troll
#68Czar_YoshiPosted 3/5/2013 9:48:31 PM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
This topic is hilarious. I smell troll food... I'm going to post now to see if my post makes him derp as hard as all the others have.

I still stand by this. Entertainment this good is rarely free.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#69The_69th_PosterPosted 3/5/2013 10:13:28 PM
This is the 69th best PM game.
---
hot old 69s
#70LUlGIPosted 3/7/2013 5:49:31 PM
TC got you guys good