So this is the worst Paper Mario?

#21avengahPosted 3/15/2013 8:24:33 PM
We can't say for sure whether TC will enjoy this game or not, as it's very polarising. It depends how high your standards are, how much you care about story and many other factors. It's not a bad game, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. I like it, but I do prefer TTYD.
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#22SMASHKING84Posted 3/19/2013 11:59:00 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
MarioPenguin5 posted...
It's the second best one, right after Super Paper Mario.

I...
Am...
Impressed.

I never deemed it possible... But you have beaten the odds...

You prefer SPM and SS to the original and TTYD...

*clap*
*clap*
*clap*

he's lying purely to stir contorversy
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=198321
#23CakeOfLiesPosted 3/20/2013 4:39:28 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
MarioPenguin5 posted...
It's the second best one, right after Super Paper Mario.

I...
Am...
Impressed.

I never deemed it possible... But you have beaten the odds...

You prefer SPM and SS to the original and TTYD...

*clap*
*clap*
*clap*

Oh, okay.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#24MarioPenguin5Posted 3/20/2013 11:56:46 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...

You can believe what you like, but I'll tell you all once again that Super Paper Mario is my favorite Paper Mario game. I've had that opinion on this board and the Thousand Year Door board since the game came out.
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#25MagnemightPosted 3/20/2013 12:28:34 PM
MarioPenguin5 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

You can believe what you like, but I'll tell you all once again that Super Paper Mario is my favorite Paper Mario game. I've had that opinion on this board and the Thousand Year Door board since the game came out.

..Do you not like RPGs? Is that why?
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#26Czar_YoshiPosted 3/20/2013 1:22:24 PM
avengah posted...
The only real reason why SPM is flawed is the fact that it's far too easy. The broken levelling system eliminates any challenge at all, but it's still a good game. Easy =/= bad.

I'm inclined to agree. SPM had an absurdly OP leveling system and later enemies had far too low attack, but had some very fun moments including the Pits and the recipe system was well done and fun to 100%, even if 90% of the stuff you made from it was useless. I like it a lot, just not as a PM. As opposed to SS, which I don't care for either way.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#27SMASHKING84Posted 3/20/2013 1:33:17 PM
I honestly prefer easy games because hard games lose there replayibitlity fast,imo
My main issuse with spm was:not turn based,no partners,and it was a platformer.

I like spm but common there are billions of mario platformers.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=198321
#28MarioPenguin5Posted 3/20/2013 2:56:04 PM
Magnemight posted...
..Do you not like RPGs? Is that why?

I think that Super Paper Mario is the most memorable one to me. It was the second Paper Mario game I played, with The Thousand Year Door being the first. Paper Mario 64 was the third, and this was the last. I can't really remember anything from The Thousand Year Door beyond the Glitz Pit and Pennington, and only the Murder Mystery in Paper Mario 64 stood out to me.

Super Paper Mario had Space World, which was great, Francis's Fort (the best part), and I also loved the Sammer Kingdom. Sure, the first two worlds are weak, but the rest of the game is great. It wasn't necessarily the gameplay that I liked, mostly the settings and scenarios. At least, that's how I feel.

I understand why The Thousand Year Door is held in such high regard, but it just wasn't that interesting to me.
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!