Do I just have low standards or something?

#1PT_PiranhaPosted 3/10/2013 8:49:26 AM(edited)
I don't think I've ever been disappointed by a video game, except maybe the original Scribblenauts.

I wasn't even forcing myself to like this game, I legitimately liked it even while liking the other Paper Marios.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#2MarioPenguin5Posted 3/10/2013 10:42:49 AM
you're just a low class video game player; us high-class elites as we shall be called will sip champagne whilst laughing at people like you, enjoying an obviously flawed video game
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#3PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 10:50:01 AM
MarioPenguin5 posted...
you're just a low class video game player; us high-class elites as we shall be called will sip champagne whilst laughing at people like you, enjoying an obviously flawed video game

Okay ha ha, but seriously, it's weird that almost every single time when a majority thinks a game is bad, I'm always thinking "I thought it was good/okay/not that bad". Seriously, almost every time.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#4Luke_the_Duke15Posted 3/10/2013 12:28:41 PM
It takes a lot for me to hate a video game, with a few exceptions (I don't see why everyone thinks SMB3 is so special), and I liked this game. Do I think it's as good as the others? No way. It has some serious flaws. But I still had a lot of fun with it.

As to what it takes for me to not like a game, well I don't like it when games don't offer anything new, which is why I don't like Call of Duty, or the NSMB series. Actually, when I played NSMBU with my friend, and we finished it he asked me to rate it and I said, "5.5/10." He said, "Yeah, compared to the others?" I said, "No, because the others exist." I also don't like games that get really repetitive really quickly, which I haven't run into many times. Then there are obvious others, like a game being too freaking hard (And I mean cheap difficulty, not genuine), or having an unbelievable amount of glitches, or having bad controls. Sticker Star suffers from none of those. The two biggest flaws I felt Sticker Star had were puzzles that were too cryptic (How were we supposed to know to use the goat to clear the trash in one of the World 5 levels?) and many of the bosses requiring the use of a specific Thing sticker at a specific time in battle if you don't want to waste most of your album.
---
The Duke has spoken!
#5MarioPenguin5Posted 3/10/2013 12:46:59 PM
Luke_the_Duke15 posted...
(How were we supposed to know to use the goat to clear the trash in one of the World 5 levels?)

You could do that??!!? Oh my god, I need to replay the game right now
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#6RogkunPosted 3/10/2013 1:22:04 PM
You have different standards. Different being the key word.

It sounds like you're awfully concerned with trying to validate your own opinion instead of viewing it for what it is- your opinion, which is harmless in the scope of things. Just like my opinion, or anyone else's opinion on this board.

Do you like Sticker Star? If the answer is yes, then just enjoy it.

The game is more simplified from previous entries in the series. That is a fact. Many folks don't like that, some do, and some don't care. But it really doesn't matter what side of the spectrum you're on, it only matters if you have any fun or not.

If someone doesn't like SS, that's their perspective on the issue. They can have some very valid reasons or very invalid ones. And assuming you care about the "valid" reason that it's not as good, well, I just told you why. It's a more simplified game.

Does that make this game terrible? Depends on who you are.
---
PSN: Rogkun - - - - Currently playing: [Dragon's Dogma]
#7RikashiPosted 3/10/2013 1:35:11 PM
MarioPenguin5 posted...
Luke_the_Duke15 posted...
(How were we supposed to know to use the goat to clear the trash in one of the World 5 levels?)

You could do that??!!? Oh my god, I need to replay the game right now

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but you do know that puzzles often have multiple solutions, right? I used a Vacuum Sticker and it worked just fine.
#8MarioPenguin5Posted 3/10/2013 1:47:47 PM
Rikashi posted...
Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but you do know that puzzles often have multiple solutions, right? I used a Vacuum Sticker and it worked just fine.

Uh yeah. I do. I used a Vacuum sticker as well. But a goat being the one clearing a paper mess owns a whole lot
---
#9avengahPosted 3/10/2013 3:21:43 PM
I feel pretty much the same way. I've been playing games for 30 years and remember what they were like before the NES (you know, those old home computers like the BBC, C64 etc.), and even though I've played many polarising games like this one, Other M, NSMB2 (or games with polarising bits, like Wind Waker's Triforce quest and Phantom Hourglass's Temple of the Ocean King, I've enjoyed them all. Maybe I've got more patience than some people? I know my total playtime is usually much higher than the average, but I do like to collect items and experiment, depending on the game.
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#10TheWiseliestOnePosted 3/10/2013 4:48:48 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
Okay ha ha, but seriously, it's weird that almost every single time when a majority thinks a game is bad, I'm always thinking "I thought it was good/okay/not that bad". Seriously, almost every time.

You're not alone, I'm the same way. I don't see anything wrong with enjoying a game, whether other people like it or not.
---
3DS Friendcode: 0087-3629-7518