ok i finally beat this game, 2 things

#1daniel1232323Posted 3/11/2013 2:34:32 PM
i bought this game the day it came out and i just finished it today. after not playing it for a long period of time of course, final play time was 17:00s.

first thing id like to point out. in the cheats section it says you have to beat the game for the reflective surfaces to move with you're gyroscope, im pretty sure its that way for the entire game, since i just now beat it and noticed that near the end.

2nd. This game is pretty fun if you have a walkthrough, other wise its hands down the worst paper mario game. anything i said when this game launched was just denial.
---
you want mother in america? don't you know? it doesn't exist.
#2MagnemightPosted 3/11/2013 2:47:13 PM
ok it took some time to translate that post into grammared english but i think i did it

I'm comfortable with this being the worst Paper Mario game, myself. The Paper Mario series is fantastic, and Sticker Star is just slightly inferior to SPM.
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#3daniel1232323(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 3:19:12 PM
definitely. super paper mario had more story going for it. sticker stars main problem is how there is no direction, without a walkthrough you cant prepare for what you are going to need to get past a enemy or puzzle.
---
#4avengahPosted 3/11/2013 3:50:37 PM
Nonsense. A walkthrough is hardly necessary. Plenty of people have proved to be perfectly capable of completing the whole game without ever resorting to a FAQ.
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#5Czar_YoshiPosted 3/12/2013 12:31:11 AM
avengah posted...
Nonsense. A walkthrough is hardly necessary. Plenty of people have proved to be perfectly capable of completing the whole game without ever resorting to a FAQ.

Well...

I beat it without a walkthrough, but only because I'm too stubborn to use one. There was a lot of stuff I was probably supposed to have known some secret for that I just brute forced my way through instead. It sure wasn't fun, though, having my stuff thrown away like common trash.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#6daniel1232323(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 7:05:52 PM
avengah posted...

it is necessary if you do not want to blindly walk into each level without knowing what object sticker you'l need. Unless you want to progress through the game with constant trial and error. A game should not lead you to a boss, only to have that boss(or mini boss) be impossible without a specific item that you will most likely skip. And even if you didnt skip it, how the heck are you supposed to know when to use it? you dont. nothing tells you.
---
#7avengahPosted 3/17/2013 8:00:03 PM(edited)
There are clues. There may be problems with the way the clues are presented, but the clues are there. For instance, I disagree with the fact that you have to run from a boss and refight it to get its clue, but that's what you have to do. If you've missed a required item, the Toads should be able to help you.

About normal levels, very few of them require a Thing to progress, and most of those that do are either very short, or the requirement is right at the start. In fact, some of them have two Comet Pieces so you can collect the other one, then come back with the Thing for the one that requires it. This way, you won't need to backtrack very much.

People who routinely use FAQs to complete games are spoiling their own enjoyment. I was on a GameFAQs board for a Zelda game the other day, and on the very first page there was a topic from someone who said "I'm going to start playing this for the first time soon. Can anyone recommend a good walkthrough for me to use?" Except it wasn't spelt that well, and the grammar, punctuation and capitalisation was appalling. This is the mindset of some people, and it greatly upsets me. What happened to the feeling of satisfaction gained from working things out yourself?
---
#8wiiking96Posted 3/17/2013 8:01:33 PM
avengah, you assume too much of the average player. Not everyone can manage to decipher the puzzles with what the game gives them. Most players that play this game won't be familiar with the concept of revisiting old areas to find items, nor would they think it's important to talk to boring NPCs. The sheer fact that most puzzles only have one solution alone is enough of a problem.

Here's the thing: Even professional reviewers of this game have gotten stuck and have asked for help. That's enough to prove that there's something wrong.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#9avengahPosted 3/17/2013 8:57:45 PM
Maybe I do, but I like to think the trope that states Viewers Are Morons is not quite as true as the companies like to think. However, I never said everyone would be able to complete it without a FAQ; I simply said that it is possible to complete it without one, as many people have done. Not necessarily possible for everyone, but still possible nonetheless. I'm not going to get into this again; we've been over all this before.
---
#10wiiking96Posted 3/17/2013 9:04:16 PM
avengah posted...
Maybe I do, but I like to think the trope that states Viewers Are Morons is not quite as true as the companies like to think. However, I never said everyone would be able to complete it without a FAQ; I simply said that it is possible to complete it without one, as many people have done. Not necessarily possible for everyone, but still possible nonetheless.

Dude, no one is claiming otherwise.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!