Got this game, completed world 1-1 and 1-2, some questions...

#1hailnickgriffinPosted 3/31/2013 6:10:15 PM
As I found myself going through the goombas in this game a few things have arisen:

1) Is there any exp gain? If not what's the point of battling minor enemies? Is it just coins? I accumulated about 300.

2) What's the best order to do the levels in? I focused on world 1 but should I really do that?

3) Are there companion characters?

4) What happens if you run out of stickers? Game over?

5) How can you target different enemies?

6) Is there a story like previous PM games?

7) Any towns other than Decalburg?

The game for me is....okay so far but it just feels very stripped down compared to previous PM's. It feels like a tech demo. I've played very little so I may not be the best judge but I hope the game improves.
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 3/31/2013 6:31:59 PM
1) No. Virtually no point in fighting them if you aren't completionist.

2) You have to do world 1 first, but after that it's up to what you can solve.

3) No, sadly.

4) You are forced to run away. Even in bosses. It's only a game over against the final boss, because you literally cannot run away.

5) By using the battle spinner, or using stickers that hurt multiple enemies; with the Spinner, your second and third stickers will target the second and third enemies, respectively.

6) Not really, no. Peach be kidnap, Bowser steal ultimate power, go beat.

7) Towns, no. Shops, yes. There are 5 shops in the game, 4 not including Decalburg, and even a second slinging platform.
#3FredCat07Posted 3/31/2013 6:50:48 PM
hailnickgriffin posted...
As I found myself going through the goombas in this game a few things have arisen:

1) Is there any exp gain? If not what's the point of battling minor enemies? Is it just coins? I accumulated about 300.

2) What's the best order to do the levels in? I focused on world 1 but should I really do that?

3) Are there companion characters?

4) What happens if you run out of stickers? Game over?

5) How can you target different enemies?

6) Is there a story like previous PM games?

7) Any towns other than Decalburg?

The game for me is....okay so far but it just feels very stripped down compared to previous PM's. It feels like a tech demo. I've played very little so I may not be the best judge but I hope the game improves.

1: Unnecessary, unless you need more money to buy power stickers if you're out of them before be able to defending yourself. Other than that, no Level up here as well as no Tutor.

2: Just go by the Number order, Better go with World 1 for starting, like other user answered. Other can be any way you pick.

3: Beside the one that you had to saving at start of the game, there are no permanent company you can using to partner with in this game. There are some bunch of Toads, lost limbs/body of the Wiggler, etc, but they are not permanent.

4: Running away, except for final boss, which you're going to dead anyways.

5: Battle Roller, like user said up above.

6: Only Royal Sticker can tell the story, so pick them up and you will learn how they ended up being there.

7: Nope, just one city, with 5 shops in total.

This game is actually worst "Paper Mario" so far, no companion, no Level Up, no Tutor, not ever full background story of why Royal Sticker exist for beside beginning, and no Peach chapters. Lame.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#4hailnickgriffin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 7:09:18 PM
Mario stays at 20hp for the entire game then?
#5FredCat07Posted 3/31/2013 7:22:13 PM
hailnickgriffin posted...
Mario stays at 20hp for the entire game then?

Not really, you pick up 5+ HP items and they are permanent saving, so you can't repeat that action if you picked one. And you will only go up to 100 HP in total - yes, I counted.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#6MagnemightPosted 3/31/2013 7:31:21 PM
FredCat07 posted...
This game is actually worst "Paper Mario" so far, no companion, no Level Up, no Tutor, not ever full background story of why Royal Sticker exist for beside beginning, and no Peach chapters. Lame.

Shocking new opinion is shocking.
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#7Hirokey123Posted 4/3/2013 1:11:44 PM
FredCat07 posted...
not ever full background story of why Royal Sticker exist for beside beginning,

Well there is more or less the entire sticker star history book that spells out everything for you in the Enigmansion.

It's basically said in it the Royal Stickers are the legendary sticker beings that can grant wishes, it's also plainly obvious Kersti is of their same race as she's also a sentient sticker crown-type creature. Though she's clearly much younger than the Royal sticker beings because the book that speaks of them is in ancient stickerish which is language Kersti studied in college. The sticker star itself isn't super important it's just the way the Royal Stickers get around and contains both them and all the wishes people made on the sticker comet. Though it's basically been decreed that no one worthy enough to touch the sticker star exists, and if someone ever did touch it that would be done out of greed and cause a great tragedy.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me