Things I like about this game

#1wiiking96Posted 5/7/2013 9:44:38 AM
Time for some positivity!
- I really like the Squirt Gun "Thing"; the animation and action command is bos.
- I like the underground digging technique that was given to Piranha Plants.
- Enemies being able to hurt you in the overworld is a cool change.
- The shockwave effect of the Hammer stickers is pretty cool.
- The level design is vastly improved from TTYD throughout most of the game; beating levels even without fighting enemies is pretty fun.
- I like the Egnimansion.
- I like Yoshi Sphinx.
- I like 2-3, the underground mazey tomb level.
- I like Chomp Ruins.
- Hurlhammer is awesome.
- I like the concept of using weapons of the enemies as items.
- I like stickers like the Raccoon Tail; I think they were pretty creative.
- The music is pretty good all around.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2Luigi_64Posted 5/7/2013 12:46:30 PM
I agree with pretty much everything you said, but I still don't like this game.
#3MagnemightPosted 5/7/2013 2:38:56 PM
Luigi_64 posted...
I agree with pretty much everything you said, but I still don't like this game.

Neither does he.

But thank you for bringing negativity into the topic.
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#4DKCFANPosted 5/7/2013 3:55:20 PM
I kinda like that there is less dialogue than the others. I can't stand scrolling through the dialogue balloons- I just want to play the damn game. I am going to get flamed for this, but Paper Mario SS is actually one of my all-time favorite games...
#5PT_PiranhaPosted 5/7/2013 6:21:03 PM
+I like the World Map/Level setup, and I think it's perfect for a game that's portable.

+You have to go out of your way sometimes, but I like that you can beat the worlds in almost any order.

+The music, oh the music is wonderful.

+I liked seeing Petey Piranha again for the first time since Sports Mix a few years ago. He's been scarce as of late.

+They actually gave Gooper Blooper a little bit of characterization.

+I think the fight with Bowser is easily in one of my top Bowser fights of all time.

+I actually felt like Kamek was a character for once, rather than an obligatory way to connect bosses to Bowser and make effortless bosses slightly less easy.

+This game really went above and beyond with emphasizing the fact that Mario is paper, and I think it's about time.
---
Contrary to popular belief, experimentation is not the same as fixing something that isn't broken. For starters, there's a different principle behind it.
#6Chaosmaster00Posted 5/7/2013 11:11:13 PM
DKCFAN posted...
I kinda like that there is less dialogue than the others. I can't stand scrolling through the dialogue balloons- I just want to play the damn game. I am going to get flamed for this, but Paper Mario SS is actually one of my all-time favorite games...

*donttakethebaitdonttakethebaitdonttakethebait...*
#7DMZappPosted 5/8/2013 9:25:53 AM
+The music went above and beyond expectations.
+The localization is full of punch.
+The stages have interesting names.
+Jump stickers giving more than 2 jumps (5 in this game) is actually something I want to see in any Paper Mario sequel.
+Eekhammer was kind of cool.
+Enemies giving extra points (coins in this case) by hitting them with multi-hit attacks even after they reach 0 HP is also something I would like to return for a sequel.
+I liked the mysterious atmosphere of Chomp Ruins.
+Snifit or Whifit was a fun minigame gauntlet.

Chaosmaster00 posted...
DKCFAN posted...

*donttakethebaitdonttakethebaitdonttakethebait...*

I know, right? It's so tempting...
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2664-2654-8959
Nothin' much, just cookin'.
#8Luigi_64Posted 5/8/2013 12:50:12 PM
-I thought the sticker system was actually pretty creative.
-I enjoyed using thing stickers and seeing what they did.
-Challenging puzzles, which I enjoy.
-Good final battle
-Kamek was a neat and interesting boss, especially when he turned your stickers into sandals.
-Enigmansion was awesome.
-Bowser's snow fort was fun and creative.
-Great battle music overall.
-Good final dungeons
-Overall, chapter 4 was excellent.
#9wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 3:26:19 PM
DMZapp posted...
Jump stickers giving more than 2 jumps (5 in this game) is actually something I want to see in any Paper Mario sequel.

Eh, I feel this would devalue Power Bounce.

Enemies giving extra points (coins in this case) by hitting them with multi-hit attacks even after they reach 0 HP is also something I would like to return for a sequel.

I definitely agree here. It's a very welcome addition.

Also, I like how enemies get a "tired" animation when they're low on HP.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#10MagnemightPosted 5/8/2013 5:24:17 PM
wiiking96 posted...
DMZapp posted...
Jump stickers giving more than 2 jumps (5 in this game) is actually something I want to see in any Paper Mario sequel.

Eh, I feel this would devalue Power Bounce.

Enemies giving extra points (coins in this case) by hitting them with multi-hit attacks even after they reach 0 HP is also something I would like to return for a sequel.

I definitely agree here. It's a very welcome addition.

Also, I like how enemies get a "tired" animation when they're low on HP.

I liked the two-jump system for its simplicity. You just deal damage twice. It's affected by defense more than hammer attacks, but it isn't completely nullified.

and I never understood why people like Power Bounce so much, a Power/Spin/Spring Jump usually has almost as much damage output for me

This is probably just me obsessing over the TTYD battle system (I THIINK I'LL BEGIN MY SEVENTH PLAYTHROUGH SOON) but I rather liked how the game rewarded you for doing precisely enough damage to destroy individual enemies, since doing so usually used less FP and allowed the player to attack more enemies. The Sticker Star coin reward system works for Sticker Star, since you're constantly handed powerful attacks to play around with and you're bound to end up with a little overkill, but I don't think it'd be a great addition to a standard Paper Mario combat system.

...OH! And I really loved how the different status effects had their own individual 3D animation. I liked seeing the enemies droop after being soaked, and wiggling around in little crumpled messes that still had the texture on 'em.
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.