Did miyamoto ever explain why he didn't want any new characters in this game?

#11john_the_III(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 9:23:41 PM
MarioPenguin5 posted...
I wasn't expecting a good story from this game

Too bad you're the only one
#12SeamusOHasseyPosted 5/25/2013 12:38:31 AM

No reasonable person should expect a good story from a Mario game. It's just the ones who wanted another retread of TTYD and PM. Just saying.
---
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/cu/curvy-kate-portia-thong-by-curvy-kate.jpg
#13SullyTheStrangePosted 5/25/2013 12:51:36 AM
SeamusOHassey posted...
No reasonable person should expect a good story from a Mario game. It's just the ones who wanted another retread of TTYD and PM. Just saying.

From a MARIO game, no, but a PAPER Mario game, yes. All three previous ones had good stories (or at least had stories to speak of) so it's not at all unreasonable to expect the fourth one to follow suit.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#14wiiking96Posted 5/25/2013 7:27:46 AM
SeamusOHassey posted...

Oh look, it's Seamus the troll.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#15MagnemightPosted 5/25/2013 8:33:24 AM
So I can assume that Super Mario RPG and the M&L series have no story to speak of?
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#16SullyTheStrangePosted 5/25/2013 1:20:32 PM
Magnemight posted...
So I can assume that Super Mario RPG and the M&L series have no story to speak of?

Oh hey, it's Mr. Missing the Point So I Can Make a Stupid Sarcastic Remark. How you doin man, is therapy helping you through the denial?
---
#17MagnemightPosted 5/25/2013 2:11:20 PM
SullyTheStrange posted...
Magnemight posted...

Oh hey, it's Mr. Missing the Point So I Can Make a Stupid Sarcastic Remark. How you doin man, is therapy helping you through the denial?

Thanks for the gratuitous aggression, but I was referring to Seamus's post, not yours.
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#18MarioPenguin5Posted 5/25/2013 2:25:35 PM
Magnemight posted...
SullyTheStrange posted...

Thanks for the gratuitous aggression, but I was referring to Seamus's post, not yours.

who's missing the point now???? makes you think
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#19SullyTheStrangePosted 5/25/2013 6:33:07 PM
Magnemight posted...

Quoting: it saves lives.
---