Is there any hope for the next Paper Mario?

#1greatdimentioPosted 6/2/2013 7:03:13 PM
Some people say Paper Mario began declining after TTYD. I still liked SPM, but I agree Sticker Star was a huge disappointment. Is there any hope that the next one (hopefully on Wii U) will go back to the formula TTYD had, with unique partners and enemies? Or will we get another game like Sticker Star, where it's just Mario, and the final boss is Bowser, and then Giant Bowser?
---
Mario Kart Wii U Most Wanted Newcomer: Fawful. He is sooo much cooler than lame Honey Queen.
#2MarioPenguin5Posted 6/2/2013 7:16:15 PM
greatdimentio posted...
Some people say Paper Mario began declining after TTYD

some people also say that the games got exponentially better after TTYD
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#3StephenYap3Posted 6/2/2013 7:57:26 PM
I hope it jumps back into the jacuzzi that are the first two Paper Mario titles. I also liked SPM and SS, but I thought they weren't as good or memorable as the first two (especially with the latter). I've been playing TTYD again not too long ago and I'm starting to enjoy it more than SS and SPM.

If what the devs said are true, I seriously hope they take back what they said. The Sticker Battle Adventure formula was fun (in my opinion), but I would not like a future Paper Mario to carry it on. However, I would love for some of SS's ideas to return (4-digit coin counter, Super Flags with rewards this time, plenty of hidden rooms, awesome level design, etc.).
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#4PT_PiranhaPosted 6/2/2013 7:59:34 PM
I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves.
---
Contrary to popular belief, experimentation is not the same as fixing something that isn't broken. For starters, there's a different principle behind it.
#5DMZappPosted 6/2/2013 8:26:02 PM
As long as everyone involved learns from their mistakes and pledge to actually ask themselves about game mechanics for the next game, hope exists.
---
Gameplay and story should work with each other, not against each other.
Nothin' much, just cookin'.
#6wiiking96Posted 6/2/2013 8:58:56 PM
Just tie up and gag Miyamoto and stuff him in a closet for the duration of the production period, and we're good.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#71943fighterPosted 6/3/2013 1:42:08 PM
I have only just started this game and I like it not as good as the first two but it is alright.
---
2+2 does in fact equal fish f=6 i=9 s=19 h=8 so F+I-S+H=4=2=2
#8RikashiPosted 6/3/2013 1:47:10 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Just tie up and gag Miyamoto and stuff him in a closet for the duration of the production period, and we're good.

Sounds like my usual Saturday nights.
#9HiiiiiTechnicalPosted 6/3/2013 6:27:20 PM
For my sanity, I just keep believing that this one was..... Different.... Because it was a portable games. I pray that the next one is infinitely better on Wii u
---
And so I strike, like an unseen dodgeball in an echoing gymnasium
#10john_the_IIIPosted 6/4/2013 2:28:21 PM
wiiking96 posted...

---
geno for ssb4