Afraid to admit, this is my favorite 3DS XL Game

#11MagnemegaPosted 6/10/2013 12:11:38 PM
Yeh seem ta be actin' all negative-loike, UltraCantaloupe. Can't you just try to lighten up yer day just a bonny bit? Negativity ain't exactly the healthiest thing, don'tcha know!
#12MarioPenguin5Posted 6/10/2013 2:08:03 PM
Magnemega posted...
Yeh seem ta be actin' all negative-loike, UltraCantaloupe. Can't you just try to lighten up yer day just a bonny bit? Negativity ain't exactly the healthiest thing, don'tcha know!

hang on a second guys. I'm picking something up on my "Alt Radar". I think this guy may be an alt. Not sure why exactly, but I have an inkling that this dude is an alt. Just gotta figure out who's alt it is...
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#13Luigi_64Posted 6/11/2013 10:47:14 AM
StephenYap3 posted...
This game was the main reason I bought a 3DS and even though it lacks a story, new characters, or any other familiar elements of the series, I was never disappointed. I also wasn't expecting much out of any of the Paper Mario titles I wanted to play and still, I liked all four of them. This too was my #1 favorite 3DS game...until Fire Emblem Awakening came in.

Although I do like this game, I hope the series will go back to how the first two were. This game was fun (well, for me, at least), but only once.

I enjoyed this game too, but the story really set it back. I also think this game was fun only once, and there was little post game stuff
#14DKCFAN(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 12:21:48 PM
One of the reasons I liked it was *because* there was no story. It was just for the most part cut and dry. I mean I liked Paper Mario 64, but scrolling through all of that dialogue was tedious. I just want to play a game and not read dialogue after dialogue- I read enough at work.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0791 - 1557 - 9720
#15StephenYap3Posted 6/17/2013 11:51:24 AM
DKCFAN posted...
One of the reasons I liked it was *because* there was no story. It was just for the most part cut and dry.

I liked this game, mainly because of the pick-up-and-play feel of it. That and the plentiful of great ideas, one of the major being the fact of being able to clear any world in any order (except World 6).
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Bomberman, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#16megasoniczxxPosted 6/17/2013 1:45:51 PM
Magnemight posted...
I've got to say the same, and I've currently got:

Cave Story 3D
Ocarina of Time 3D (I cannot get into Zelda)
Super Mario 3D Land
Shantae: Risky's Revenge

I do expect Fire Emblem: Awakening to be better, once I actually get my hands on it (i.e., it's cheap and used)

also how do you ever see anything in Cave Story 3D, everything's as dark as a cave and the 3D doesn't make anything more visible

I can actually agree to this (though I haven't played cave story 3d yet but the original game is really good) zelda has always kind of been a very rough series to me but wind waker is actually pretty fun for me so I would suggest getting that one if you can, it starts off kind of slow but if you like sailing on boats while admiring the environment, travelling to places shouldn't be a problem for you (though it does get easier later).
---
Time to blast off with sonic speed
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121
#17diggyfreshPosted 6/17/2013 2:38:35 PM
I was bored with this game. But then I played it some more and it grew on me. Now I'm enjoying it.
---
CURRENTLY PLAYING:: Metroid Prime Trilogy
PROGRESS:: MP1 @ 40%
#18Czar_YoshiPosted 6/23/2013 1:03:38 AM
Magnemight posted...
I do expect Fire Emblem: Awakening to be better, once I actually get my hands on it (i.e., it's cheap and used)

Though Awakening has it's own share of flaws, it has everything this game lacked: A story, character customization, character development, and mustache humor (see sig). So yeah, it's better.

To TC: I'm finding it a bit odd that your name is "DKCFAN" and yet you prefer this to DKCR3d.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
See how my mustache moves in the wind!
#19Bleck5Posted 6/23/2013 4:08:39 PM
DKCFAN posted...
NSMB 2, Luigi's Mansion (although I'm not finished. Just bored and stuck on C-5), and Super Mario Land 3D.

Play Fire Emblem and your opinion will change.