The biggest problem with this game is the following...

#1pokemongamesPosted 7/1/2013 11:56:46 AM(edited)
It's too freaken cryptic. The game does not provide any hints whatsoever to what item you are going to need in order to defeat a boss, or destroy an obstacle, or to get further along in a level. It's all a bunch of guessing unless you use a walkthrough, and that means the whole game is determined by luck.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and I am 100% proud of it.
#2Luigi4PresidentPosted 7/1/2013 2:46:09 PM
Understandable. I don't think it's a game breaker though
---
Everytime I find the key to success, somebody changes the locks.
#3megasoniczxxPosted 7/1/2013 4:38:17 PM
Looking at a guide once or twice might be needed but aside from that, the game wasn't too cryptic but I will admit it is waayyy too luck based even for turn based RPG standards.
---
Time to blast off with sonic speed
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121
#4StephenYap3Posted 7/1/2013 6:41:52 PM
Luigi4President posted...
Understandable. I don't think it's a game breaker though

It was a little problem for me, but no biggie.
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#5MagnemightPosted 7/1/2013 7:02:24 PM(edited)
megasoniczxx posted...
Looking at a guide once or twice might be needed but aside from that, the game wasn't too cryptic but I will admit it is waayyy too luck based even for turn based RPG standards.

Wait, what's luck-based?

If you're referring to the rather selective nature of the Thing puzzles, I understand, but you seem to be referring to it as a turn-based RPG...what're you talking about?

also I am replaying this game and it is amazing how smoothly one moves through it when one already knows all the solutions and can grab Things before one needs to use 'em
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#6RundazPosted 7/1/2013 8:51:09 PM
The biggest problem is Kersti.
---
That never would have happened if I'd been there
#7LightningYoshiPosted 7/2/2013 6:04:42 AM
I thought Kersti was fine - it just sucked how Kersti was the only one around.

---
"Hello, my name is Detective Right-All-The-Time and this is Detective Terrible-Detective."
#8BlueTamerPosted 7/5/2013 2:05:50 PM
The real problem with this game, is that it isn't even really a paper mario game. It's another freaking spinoff, just like super paper mario. Bring paper mario games back to their former glory Nintendo!

Any arguments that this game is even half of what the first two were are coming from people who have never played them.

A paper mario game needs:

1 partners that can be upgraded through shine sprites and Merlin.
2 flower point to use abilities ( if they go back to making the games like that, have the partners with their own Fp pool instead of a shared one)
3 badges that give special abilities and bonuses
4 collecting seven objects that are shaped like stars (eg. Crystal stars, star spirits, ect.)
5 a story
6 each (insert name of star shaped object) that you collect gives you a special move that costs sp to use
7 vast amounts of humor
8 a level up system, where collecting 100 star points levels you up, and with each level, enemies offer less star points
9 the battle scene must look like a stage
10 music that doesn't make your ears want to barf
11 being able to ride on one of your partners
12 upgradable shoes and hammer
13 peach getting kidnaped (possible that she joins your party halfway through the plot)
14 interesting enemies
15 gigantic and immensely powerful bosses
16 comical rival(s)
17 references to previous events in the mario universe

If Nintendo would start following this pattern again, that'd be great

If you have anything to add, be my guest
---
I am, and always will be, the legendary saber.
I AM RAIKOU!!
#9StephenYap3Posted 7/5/2013 2:57:21 PM(edited)
BlueTamer posted...
The real problem with this game, is that it isn't even really a paper mario game. It's another freaking spinoff, just like super paper mario. Bring paper mario games back to their former glory Nintendo!

Any arguments that this game is even half of what the first two were are coming from people who have never played them.

A paper mario game needs:

2 flower point to use abilities ( if they go back to making the games like that, have the partners with their own Fp pool instead of a shared one)
3 badges that give special abilities and bonuses
4 collecting seven objects that are shaped like stars (eg. Crystal stars, star spirits, ect.)
5 a story
6 each (insert name of star shaped object) that you collect gives you a special move that costs sp to use
7 vast amounts of humor
8 a level up system, where collecting 100 star points levels you up, and with each level, enemies offer less star points
12 upgradable shoes and hammer
13 peach getting kidnaped (possible that she joins your party halfway through the plot)
14 interesting enemies
15 gigantic and immensely powerful bosses
16 comical rival(s)
17 references to previous events in the mario universe

If Intelligent Systems would start following this pattern again, that'd be great

If you have anything to add, be my guest

I fixed the bolded part. Intelligent Systems develops the game (hopefully Miyamoto doesn't butt in and commands them to do his bidding). Nintendo publishes it.

Anyways...

18 Bring back the ability to hold 9,999 coins
19 Pit of 100 Trials
20 Bring back the Trouble Center this time with the ability to tackle more than one quest at a time.
21 Bring back the Super Flags
22 Make areas a little actiony like SS
23 Have stronger versions of most items (Normal, Shiny, and Flashy)
24 Bring back the Perfect Bonus, which it only increases Coins and Star Points earned by a tiny bit.
25 Bring back different character animations and enemy death animations
26 Bring back that area of cards and the area with the Whomp
27 Bring back the Secret Doors-like feature

That's all I have.
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#10wiiking96Posted 7/5/2013 3:02:44 PM
BlueTamer posted...

Actually, having a new way to upgrade partners would be nice, and the Merline line doesn't have to return. Why not have something similar, but new?

How about something fresher and more unorthodox?

Why not change how special attacks are gained? This isn't essential.

A fresh new level up system would be nice, actually.This isn't essential.

While it would nice if the audience mechanic returns, this is far from essential.

The music in Sticker Star was fine. Perhaps not as memorable as before, but certainly enjoyable.

How the heck is this an essential?

Uh, no, seeing this tradition broken and giving Peach a new role would be nice.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!