Is this the worst Nintendo published game ever?

#1Trailblazer34Posted 7/11/2013 12:16:15 AM
Only other game that comes close is Metroid Other M. It is the worst mario game ever. (excluding hotel mario). Can any of you come up with a worse game than this? Hell, i've played super low budget indie games that are more fun than this. Seriously.
#2shadowreaper7Posted 7/11/2013 3:14:57 AM
Just because this was going to come up at some point.
Superman 64

Seriously, i don't like this game. There are parts i enjoy but this is by no margin the worst game nintendo has published.
The only real flaw that this game has is that the combat can be repetitive with no substantial reward and the base for the game (Mario saving princess peach) is relatively familiar and repetitive when there is no story to make any interesting twists in the plot.

However, there are numerous things the game has done well.
The combat system works and has a RPG-esque system. - Reason not RPG like. No level ups and what not, no precise targetting, strange defense system.
The level design is very well done and well orchestrated. Levels look beautiful imo
Movement and interactions are fluid, its well thought out. You don't glitch through walls or anything of the like.

I could name some other things but what i'm wanting to say is, for the most part this game got the basics right in the technology and asthetics side, but they did take a risk in ignoring story as it then becomes more difficult to make a game engaging without becoming repetitive which in my mind did not pay off for them.

But no, by no means is this the worst nintendo published game ever.
---
Black 2 FC: 1077 - 9701 - 9188
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#3DMZappPosted 7/11/2013 10:11:47 AM(edited)
Debatable if this is the worst...but it's pretty sloppily made and not well thought-it, two phrases that are rarely (if ever) used in describing a Nintendo-published game.
---
Gameplay & story can and should work with each other, not against each other.
Nothin' much, just cookin'.
#4john_the_IIIPosted 7/11/2013 12:19:39 PM
Mario is missing

Mario's time machine

Mario clash

Mario tennis (virtual boy)

Sticker star is a disgrace to paper Mario, but is definitely not the worst nintendo game ever
#5StephenYap3Posted 7/14/2013 1:00:45 PM
100% absolutely not. That belongs to Mario Pinball Land or Mario Party Advance.
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#6Watt64Posted 7/14/2013 1:21:58 PM
StephenYap3 posted...
100% absolutely not. That belongs to Mario Pinball Land or Mario Party Advance.

Mario pinball land is annoying. I always got a key for a boss, and then couldn't put it in the pedestal outside Bowser's Castle because it was too hard to aim Mario.
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#7NextGen_TBPosted 7/14/2013 1:26:46 PM
I wouldn't say it's the worst Nintendo game or Mario game, but it might be the worst 3DS game so far, if that helps.
---
It's better than logic, it's Nintendo Logic!
"....I completely, utterly, most profusely DESPISE Lucas... Lucas will NEVER be cool." - silversunsspu
#8RundazPosted 7/14/2013 4:57:29 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned Other M.
---
That never would have happened if I'd been there
#9McmadnessV3Posted 7/14/2013 9:38:29 PM
NextGen_TB posted...
I wouldn't say it's the worst Nintendo game or Mario game, but it might be the worst 3DS game so far, if that helps.

Somebody hasn't played a lot of 3DS games I see.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#10Czar_YoshiPosted 7/14/2013 11:54:20 PM
Rundaz posted...
Surprised no one has mentioned Other M.

The OP...?

Sticker Star was bad because it had no (or very few) good parts, not because it had too many bad parts (though it did have it's fair share of those, I'm more than willing to look past even major flaws if there are enough good parts to balance them out).
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
See how my mustache moves in the wind!