Is this the worst Nintendo published game ever?

#21Wiiboy4everPosted 8/4/2013 5:28:49 AM
Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion seem like they'd be far worse than this
#22RundazPosted 8/4/2013 2:05:06 PM
greatdimentio posted...
The story got consistently better each game, until it just fell off a cliff. Shame.

Fell nothing. It was strapped to the front of a car and driven off.
---
That never would have happened if I'd been there
#23capgamerPosted 8/4/2013 2:53:05 PM(edited)
Wiiboy4ever posted...

Those are both good games. Granted, they are not at all my favorite Mario-themed games, but... I had fun with them.

Sunshine's main flaw I would say is that some of the tasks required to just beat the game are maddeningly difficult and frustrating. The levels are huge and there's a lot to see and do.

Luigi's Mansion didn't really have any flaws, aside from being a bit short. It was a unique experience.

THIS game though just sucks. I actually like Super Paper Mario even though it was a big departure from the previous games it still had a certain charm and humor to it. This game is just... so generic. I don't understand why Nintendo wanted to turn it into a main series Mario game... it just makes it so bland to play.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#24Luigi_64Posted 8/5/2013 4:04:03 PM
greatdimentio posted...
I haven't played every Nintendo game ever, but Sticker Star is certainly one of my least favorite Mario games. I'm shocked that there are still SPM haters after Sticker Star. Probably the only good thing Sticker Star did is decrease the SPM hate by being tons worse. Which is fine, since hate should go to a bad game, not a good game. The story got consistently better each game, until it just fell off a cliff. Shame.

This
#25Sentinel07Posted 8/5/2013 4:22:06 PM
greatdimentio posted...
I haven't played every Nintendo game ever, but Sticker Star is certainly one of my least favorite Mario games. I'm shocked that there are still SPM haters after Sticker Star. Probably the only good thing Sticker Star did is decrease the SPM hate by being tons worse. Which is fine, since hate should go to a bad game, not a good game. The story got consistently better each game, until it just fell off a cliff. Shame.

Absolutely. At least SPM had good things like level ups, a good story, partners (even though they had no personality), decent bosses, and excellent music. Also Dimentio, one of my favorite villains.

Sticker Star has no excuse, and t he trial and error dungeons caused me to backtrack more times than I could count.

I finally got to World 6 a few months ago, but then just stopped playing. I didn't even bother trying to finish it. It was so boring.
#26MagnemightPosted 8/5/2013 4:33:07 PM
Sentinel07 posted...
greatdimentio posted...

Absolutely. At least SPM had good things like level ups, a good story, partners (even though they had no personality), decent bosses, and excellent music. Also Dimentio, one of my favorite villains.

Sticker Star has no excuse, and t he trial and error dungeons caused me to backtrack more times than I could count.

I finally got to World 6 a few months ago, but then just stopped playing. I didn't even bother trying to finish it. It was so boring.

why would you quit at World 6, that's literally two levels
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#27Pikablu45Posted 8/11/2013 6:32:53 AM
Wiiboy4ever posted...

What? Well coming from a Wii fan - Nintendo's worst console to date...it's to be expected. Luigi's Mansion was so quirky and unique and the portrait ghosts were so entertainingly quirky. Sunshine was a huge game - full of story and exploration! There was so much to do in Sunshine - I don't honestly get why people prefer Super Mario Galaxy - a game with hardly any story/no quirky characters to that wonderful game!
---
Lang Zi says 'Furio Tigre can only be half the beastly hot man my descendant can be...'
You go Shifu!! *Fangirl Roar*
#28SMASHKING84Posted 8/25/2013 6:16:26 AM
Sunshine's only real flaw is the game is out right masochistic at times.
other then that the game is fun as hell.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#29Leon_Powalski_7Posted 8/25/2013 1:58:29 PM
Overexagerating much? This game is terrible but it doesn't make Mario is missing and Mario's time machine look like masterpieces
---
I am the great Leon!
#30SMASHKING84Posted 8/25/2013 2:02:50 PM
Leon_Powalski_7 posted...
Overexagerating much? This game is terrible but it doesn't make Mario is missing and Mario's time machine look like masterpieces

well idk about mario time machine but i played mario is missing.
it's actually fun if you ask me.
but then again i grew up on carmen sandeigo,number munchers(edutain ment pacman clone),and math blaster(edutainment megaman clone)

but i do agree paper mario sticker is probally a better game over all.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4