This game is GARBAGE!

#1GrimdandeloPosted 7/19/2013 2:57:51 AM
I'm once again fighting a ridiculously overpowered enemy (gooper blooper) and after a couple tries I look it up and find out not only am I supposed to use the sponge on him, I will get chewed out by that sidekick for not using it despite not even giving a freakin hit.

Why did they make the sidekick so useless for information? I've wasted hours on repetitive combat looking for wiggler segments and when I FINALLY get them all they give me no idea what the bosses weakness is. I found about 5-6 items in that stupid forest. How am I supposed to know which ones to use??

I have beaten pretty much every Mario game ever made but this game is crap.
---
Friend code:1349-4554-1368
#2BigBlue4LifePosted 7/19/2013 3:33:15 AM(edited)
The bosses are by far one of the worst aspects about this game, imo. Luckily for you, the next two main bosses are actually pretty straightforward, no ambiguous BS that makes the player waste their time. Can't say the same for the mini-bosses however, and the final boss is the absolute biggest offender when it comes to ambiguity and wasting your time before you make any kind of progress.

EDIT -- In case you were wondering how to use the sponge against Gooper Blooper, you have to use it as a shield when he spits ink at you. Then it'll absorb the ink and shoot it back at him.
---
[The original poster was deleted at the request of this message]
#3Grimdandelo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 4:10:29 AM
It's just extremely frustrating that they never tell you where to go or what to do. Do they seriously expect people to run through every level 3-4 times looking for some arbitrary item to help them along?

That part where you have to find the light bulb to light the basement to get the ship wheel was the worst.

On top of that, the fight with the fish. They never give us enough room for all the inventory you need. Meaning I needed to reset my game, find the fish hook and THEN go back for a second round since you have 30 things but you can only go into battle carrying a couple of them.

I don't have time for this tedium. I have many other great games I could be playing rather than wasting it on this garbage.
---
#4Watt64Posted 7/19/2013 11:44:38 AM
Grimdandelo posted...
It's just extremely frustrating that they never tell you where to go or what to do. Do they seriously expect people to run through every level 3-4 times looking for some arbitrary item to help them along?

That part where you have to find the light bulb to light the basement to get the ship wheel was the worst.

On top of that, the fight with the fish. They never give us enough room for all the inventory you need. Meaning I needed to reset my game, find the fish hook and THEN go back for a second round since you have 30 things but you can only go into battle carrying a couple of them.

I don't have time for this tedium. I have many other great games I could be playing rather than wasting it on this garbage.

You shouldn't keep playing, then. The final boss is the definition of unfair, since you need certain items. So you have to go into the battle, see what you need, die or reset, get the item, go into the battle and see what other item you need, and repeat.
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#5Grimdandelo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 1:35:11 PM
@Watt
Exactly! How is that considered fun?? I have been a Mario fan since the NES days and I feel completely ripped off supporting this game.
---
#6Watt64Posted 7/19/2013 4:03:13 PM
Grimdandelo posted...
@Watt
Exactly! How is that considered fun?? I have been a Mario fan since the NES days and I feel completely ripped off supporting this game.

It's broken, that's what it is. The lack of interesting characters, places, or story is bad, but the worst part of SS is the gameplay. No experience points, so battles are pointless, and it's annoying when you miss a thing and have no idea where to start looking.
---
#7RedblueredPosted 7/19/2013 4:08:44 PM
Your wrong. Sticker star is the best paper mario. Your just bad at it, that's all. But no need to cry about it, kid.
#8Grimdandelo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 7:09:01 PM
@Red

I'm over 30. The game has been panned by many users and critics. I have seen your other ridiculous posts on this board.

*swats his nose with newspaper
Bad troll. Come back when you can actually troll. :)
---
#9john_the_IIIPosted 7/19/2013 10:30:38 PM
You're beating around a dead horse tc, the game has been out for 8 months now
#10Watt64Posted 7/19/2013 10:41:10 PM
Redbluered posted...
Your wrong. Sticker star is the best paper mario. Your just bad at it, that's all. But no need to cry about it, kid.

Shut up, you pathetic troll.
---