Um...so why do people say this game is bad (I'm new to the series btw)?

#41sarysaPosted 8/22/2013 2:26:54 PM
The general Miyamoto hate popping up in this thread is a bit unfair. I said it myself that RPG players want story, but the SMB/Mario3D series are a completely different thing. They never needed story and never will. The platformer games are all about the courses, and the challenges we make for ourselves. (as well as challenge modes that the newer games provide for us)

I don't think Miyamoto is dragging them down, just that he should avoid genres he hates. (RPG) He -is- dragging down the Mario RPG series...
---
3DS: 3136-6780-3137 (ImNotThe1%) [Mario Kart 7]
#42greatdimentioPosted 8/24/2013 2:46:27 PM
Pungry posted...
I do think Super Paper Mario is the best in the series but Sticker Star is a close second.
I agreed until I read the second half of this sentence.
---
I support Fawful for Mario Kart 8! Check out my forum: bit.ly/1544fjT
Sign this petition to support the Fawful for MK8 movement! --> bit.ly/17cCjGw
#43Leon_Powalski_7Posted 8/25/2013 2:19:16 PM
john_the_III posted...
^and there are no interesting characters

In case you're wondering why the game went this way, it was because miyamoto called the prototype a port of ttyd and forced the devs to complete the game without a story or new characters

The ironic thing about this is that miyamoto didn't want this game to be similar to ttyd, but the nsmb series is the same freaking game four times
---
I am the great Leon!
#44RundazPosted 8/27/2013 2:46:31 PM
Fierce_Deity777 posted...
Rundaz posted...
If you've played Baten Kaitos . . . then this will be 100% inferior in literally all aspects compared to those

I disagree! At least in this game I didn't find myself stuck at some volcano boss with no way back, inadequate requirements to kill him, and locked into that position for all eternity due to my habit of always saving right before boss battles!

I'm still pretty bitter about that. I don't think I'll ever get around to restarting the game.

Revive whoever got Forfeit'd, proceed to battle like you normally would. Not that hard.
---
That never would have happened if I'd been there
#45flyingace89Posted 9/6/2013 5:08:28 PM
i can understand when someone says this is disappointing compared to the earlier games, i don't feel that way myself, but i get it this game is pretty different.

what i cant understand is why people utterly hate this game to such a degree that is seen on this board. ( i still believe that people hate it ONLY because it is different, and honestly i think a that a gamer who is new to the series liking it should be proof of this)

It IS a good game. Is it as good as the earlier titles? that's debatable

ttyd is my favorite for the record
#46Leon_Powalski_7Posted 9/7/2013 5:31:58 PM
flyingace89 posted...
i can understand when someone says this is disappointing compared to the earlier games, i don't feel that way myself, but i get it this game is pretty different.

what i cant understand is why people utterly hate this game to such a degree that is seen on this board. ( i still believe that people hate it ONLY because it is different, and honestly i think a that a gamer who is new to the series liking it should be proof of this)

For the love of god, we dont hate sticker star because it's different, we hate it because of all the flaws it has; the lack of story, interesting characters, and rpg elements; the cryptic puzzles, linearity, bare-bones battle system, useless hint system, and the unfairly difficult boss battles

It amazes me how anybody could be so ignorant
---
I am the great Leon!