Well I was hoping for a new installment at E3...

#1greatdimentioPosted 6/10/2014 12:28:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b7D8tvd.png

Nintendoomed

Kidding about the second part, but seriously it's about damn time we get a good Paper Mario
---
Try the demo for my new fangame: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/926756-spatial-billiards/69305411
Not changing sig until Mario RPGs are repped in spinoffs.
#2SylarkPosted 6/17/2014 3:05:34 PM
Yeah, with Paper Mario they act like:

"why didn't anyone like Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star? Maybe the series has run its course."

In reality, they completely ruined one of, if not the best, Nintendo RPG series, and that is why no one likes this Paper Mario impostor. Most of us still love the actual Paper Mario and have been waiting...almost ten years for one.
#3DMZappPosted 6/17/2014 3:45:39 PM
Hopefully, the lack of Paper Mario at E3 is a sign that Intelligent Systems is taking their time with the next one and listened to criticism of the game's many faults, instead of rushing out ideas they haven't completely thought over.
---
3DS Friend Code 2664-2654-8959
My Best Pokemon Y Battle: 75LG-WWWW-WWW4-RRCZ
#4AuraWielderPosted 6/18/2014 2:51:32 PM
DMZapp posted...
Hopefully, the lack of Paper Mario at E3 is a sign that Intelligent Systems is taking their time with the next one and listened to criticism of the game's many faults, instead of rushing out ideas they haven't completely thought over.

I'm hoping this as well.
---
Official Greninja of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards
Shulk, Ridley, Mewtwo, Paper Mario, and Ghirahim supporter for SSB4. Jigglypuff defender for SSB4
#5Sentinel07Posted 6/19/2014 4:35:42 PM
One can certainly hope. I also hope Intelligent Systems has the balls to do things themselves this time and not let Miyamoto tell them what to do (and then blindly go along with it).

Though, it seems like IS is also occupied with that STEAM game which....even though I'm a tactical RPG fan.....looks freaking horrible.
#6GloryChaosPosted 6/28/2014 10:17:14 AM
Steam looks horrible? Artstyle wise or gameplay wise?

Also, I'm starting to side with the people who chalk the blame to IS more so that Miyamoto to be honest. Reading other Iwata Asks and interviews, IS could have simply disagreed or argued if they had any problem with his suggestions. They probably thought all of his ideas were good. Alpha dream certainly had no problem disagreeing on game design choices with Nintendo employees when they were working on Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#7greatdimentio(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2014 2:05:25 AM
Sylark posted...
Yeah, with Paper Mario they act like:

"why didn't anyone like Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star? Maybe the series has run its course."

In reality, they completely ruined one of, if not the best, Nintendo RPG series, and that is why no one likes this Paper Mario impostor. Most of us still love the actual Paper Mario and have been waiting...almost ten years for one.
I certainly hope they didn't get the idea Super Paper Mario was disliked. I loved that game, this is really the only one that bothered me.
---
I...will never...give up...on you...my love...
Not changing this sig until Mario RPGs are repped in spinoffs.
#8Sentinel07Posted 7/12/2014 3:40:25 PM
GloryChaos posted...
Steam looks horrible? Artstyle wise or gameplay wise?

Also, I'm starting to side with the people who chalk the blame to IS more so that Miyamoto to be honest. Reading other Iwata Asks and interviews, IS could have simply disagreed or argued if they had any problem with his suggestions. They probably thought all of his ideas were good. Alpha dream certainly had no problem disagreeing on game design choices with Nintendo employees when they were working on Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.

Intelligent Systems needs to take a look at the Mario and Luigi games. Those are a prime example of how you can maintain the same core gameplay but make each game fresh. All of the M&L games are beloved because they don't try to reinvent the wheel every single time. They just add things to the core gameplay instead of totally revising it.

It should not be hard for IS to take the core gamepley of the first 2 Paper Mario games and make something new.

As for my STEAM comment, it looks horrible in both. Gameplay looks clunky so far and the art style is about as bad as those Mega Man boxarts from the NES days.
#9GloryChaosPosted 7/12/2014 7:42:55 PM(edited)
I didn't know we had STEAM gameplay footage at all. All I knew we had were art concepts.

I don't really want IS to look at Alpha Dream's work because I feel as though the M & L games haven't changed too much gameplay wise in a good way. I'd like IS to add upon the battle system without delving into the realm of "turn your 3ds sideways" or "blow into the mic". (Not that I didn't like the Giant Bowser battles in BiS). But I also don't want a game that would be inferior to TTYD.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#10Too_many_namesPosted 7/29/2014 6:59:20 AM
The first two Paper Marios were masterpieces, and imo two of the best games ever created. SPM was good, but several leagues behind those. And Sticker Star was a mediocre game, period.

I have high hopes of Paper Mario 5, if they make one. IS are not stupid after all.
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".