Petition to bring the Paper Mario series back to its roots

#11DsinnPosted 7/14/2014 3:31:26 PM
MithrilMonarch posted...
I don't really care where the series goes. It can stray as far from its roots as it wants. I loved Super Paper Mario, despite its differences. I just want another great game in the series.

your full of crap spm succs bad
#12DsinnPosted 7/14/2014 3:31:56 PM
Wiiboy4ever posted...
No thanks. I hated TTYD and I love SPM.

not only that spm is the worse series... its actually one of the worse games period !
#13Wiiboy4everPosted 7/15/2014 4:59:04 AM
Dsinn posted...
Wiiboy4ever posted...

not only that spm is the worse series... its actually one of the worse games period !
Clearly a raging butthurt nostalgia'd fanboy that isn't worth anyone's time.
#14MithrilMonarchPosted 7/15/2014 8:27:00 AM
Dsinn posted...
MithrilMonarch posted...
I don't really care where the series goes. It can stray as far from its roots as it wants. I loved Super Paper Mario, despite its differences. I just want another great game in the series.

your full of crap spm succs bad

It's just my opinion. I don't tell people they're full of crap for liking Sticker Star. I thought Super Paper Mario was a great game.
---
The terms 'JRPG' and 'WRPG' are stupid.
#15Mariofan15Posted 7/18/2014 1:23:15 PM
Dsinn posted...
Wiiboy4ever posted...

Someone is a butthurt fanboy.
---
3DS FC:3394-3658-2611
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013
#16greatdimentio(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 4:54:08 PM
Dsinn posted...
Wiiboy4ever posted...

I prefer it to Sticker Star any day. I can understand why people prefer TTYD and 64 to SPM, but SPM is clearly better than Sticker Star in every way possible. Story, characters, even the gameplay has a purpose unlike the pointless battles in SS (running from bosses really?)
---
I...will never...give up...on you...my love...
Not changing this sig until Mario RPGs are repped in spinoffs.
#17supermegabloxPosted 7/30/2014 7:42:42 PM
why does everyone hate paper mario sticker star? i dont see why people hate it, its not a bad game. i thought it was a good game, i mean its not like super paper mario, spm was clearly the best. but i kinda liked them doing away with the level-up system. its kind of a cliche in rpgs by now. does everybody really need to level up to think a game is good? i guess by that logic fallout new vegas was a good game just because you can level up. *sarcasm* new vegas was awful.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3
#18TopdrunkeePosted 7/31/2014 2:45:59 PM
supermegablox posted...
why does everyone hate paper mario sticker star? i dont see why people hate it, its not a bad game. i thought it was a good game, i mean its not like super paper mario, spm was clearly the best. but i kinda liked them doing away with the level-up system. its kind of a cliche in rpgs by now. does everybody really need to level up to think a game is good? i guess by that logic fallout new vegas was a good game just because you can level up. *sarcasm* new vegas was awful.

Your opinions are awful. You label basic game design conventions as cliches. Level up systems are part of what creates balance in a rpg. A rpg's ruleset is often centered around the stat allocation of the level up system.

A rpg without a level up system makes for a waste of time, because there's no longer a point to the battles. People would be far less addicted to Pokemon if you gained nothing from battles at all.

The hell is wrong with you? New vegas does suck, but it is a highly rated game amongst rpg aficionados due in part to the choice & consequences, level systems, & hardcore mode.
I just don't like it, because it's yet another boring ass Wrpg. I prefer oldschool Japanese dungeon/battle grinding monster farming style like Shin Megami Tensei 4. (and most of the other real rpgs on the 3ds, including Mario & Luigi, lol.)
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic
#19supermegabloxPosted 7/31/2014 4:10:11 PM
Topdrunkee posted...
supermegablox posted...

Your opinions are awful. You label basic game design conventions as cliches. Level up systems are part of what creates balance in a rpg. A rpg's ruleset is often centered around the stat allocation of the level up system.

A rpg without a level up system makes for a waste of time, because there's no longer a point to the battles. People would be far less addicted to Pokemon if you gained nothing from battles at all.

The hell is wrong with you? New vegas does suck, but it is a highly rated game amongst rpg aficionados due in part to the choice & consequences, level systems, & hardcore mode.
I just don't like it, because it's yet another boring ass Wrpg. I prefer oldschool Japanese dungeon/battle grinding monster farming style like Shin Megami Tensei 4. (and most of the other real rpgs on the 3ds, including Mario & Luigi, lol.)

lol, my opinions are awful because i liked sticker star. the level system doesnt even mean anything, you can still have a balanced rpg without a level system. sticker star just based power on the amount of stickers you have, not how much you can grind. its like if borderlands were to remove a level system, it could still be completely balanced, it could just use weapons instead. like i said, do people really need a level system to feel like they are getting powerful? its especially bad when games like paper mario, upon level you only recieve health or mana or stamina or whatever, not even gaining new abilities. fallout 3 does it right, with levels giving you new abilities, and not just health mana stamina spirit points skill points whatever you want to call it.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3