I liked this game.

#1powerclaw1Posted 7/4/2014 12:48:47 AM
There. I said it. I admit that I thoroughly enjoyed this game, despite its flaws. I know this isn't what everyone wanted, but can people just appreciate this game for what it is? It was an attempt at trying something different. How can Super Paper Mario be so overplotted, linear, and text-heavy and get so much praise? I liked the fact that this game tried to be light on story and text, deliver fun and interesting gameplay that hasn't been seen before, and BE PORTABLE. I think this game was so different compared to past games in the series because it tried to be a pick-up-and-play game? I'll be the first to admit that this game was quite shallow compared to what we've seen in the past, but I liked it as a standalone game rather than the latest incarnation of THE LEGENDARY PAPER MARIO SERIES.

There. I've vented about a nearly two-year-old game that's almost unanymously despised. But I liked it. I thought it was fun. It made me happy.

You may execute me now.
---
When life throws you a curveball, throw it back with maximum force.
#2MithrilMonarchPosted 7/4/2014 5:16:51 AM
I think it falls flat as both a Paper Mario game and a standalone game.

Either way, I respect your opinion. If you like the game, more power to you.
---
The terms 'JRPG' and 'WRPG' are stupid.
#3Sentinel07Posted 7/6/2014 3:52:28 PM
I didn't mind the fact that Sticker Star tried to do something new. I'm always up for something new. However, when that something new turns out to be horrible, then there's a problem.

I don't want to repeat much of what I already said, but the game fails on both story and gameplay. The story was essentially a poor man's version of the original Paper Mario, and that at least had charm.

And sorry but I don't forgive Intelligent Systems for making it "pick up and play". To me, that's just an excuse to be lazy with game design. By now, people should know what they're getting with an RPG, but they way they handled the story and gameplay in this game just insults people's intelligence.
#4ApolloJusticeAAPosted 7/7/2014 10:43:58 AM
I liked it for its nonlinear gameplay and unique puzzle challenge. It had a great world structure and level design that made me curious to see if I could find all the secrets on my own.

I liked it even more after i found out how limited IS was treated in terms of story and characters. I treat sticker star as a portable spin-off that focused more on a pick up and play style while incorporating aspects of paper mario.

I personally would love to see sticker star get a sequel with maybe just a better story(not text heavy but a bit more depth) and also a new full fledge paper mario rpg
---
The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#5NeutronStar256Posted 7/10/2014 3:30:14 PM
I just thought of something... Why are people on here complaining over a year and a half after the game came out? Do you have nothing else to do in life? Better yet... why am I here???

Just kidding, just kidding. I don't mind people saying what they want. While I don't hate this game, I don't love it either and people's rage for this game is justifiable
---
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
#6Wiiboy4everPosted 7/11/2014 3:42:23 AM
powerclaw1 posted...
How can Super Paper Mario be so overplotted, linear, and text-heavy and get so much praise?
Because it wasn't overplotted, and linearity and "text heaviness" doesn't matter for it to be an amazing game. Also, why are you even bringing SPM up? That game was by far the worst received paper mario game before sticker star came out.
#7YankeeknickfanPosted 7/11/2014 12:13:57 PM
if the game was called sticker mario instead of paper mario i would have liked it but its not an rpg
#8Mariofan15Posted 7/12/2014 2:01:54 PM
powerclaw1 posted...
There. I said it. I admit that I thoroughly enjoyed this game, despite its flaws. I know this isn't what everyone wanted, but can people just appreciate this game for what it is? It was an attempt at trying something different. How can Super Paper Mario be so overplotted, linear, and text-heavy and get so much praise? I liked the fact that this game tried to be light on story and text, deliver fun and interesting gameplay that hasn't been seen before, and BE PORTABLE. I think this game was so different compared to past games in the series because it tried to be a pick-up-and-play game? I'll be the first to admit that this game was quite shallow compared to what we've seen in the past, but I liked it as a standalone game rather than the latest incarnation of THE LEGENDARY PAPER MARIO SERIES.

There. I've vented about a nearly two-year-old game that's almost unanymously despised. But I liked it. I thought it was fun. It made me happy.

You may execute me now.

Because Super Paper Mario still kept things the series is known for unlike Sticker star which threw all of it out the window. Not to mention it was far better.
---
3DS FC:3394-3658-2611
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013
#9ResidentialEvilPosted 7/16/2014 10:49:24 AM
I finished it last night. I guess overall I enjoyed it enough. I certainly didn't hate it, but I definitely think it was the worst PM game. The lack of leveling up and the sticker system both were bad choices.
---
Currently Playing: ZombiU (Wii U)
#10pastel86Posted 7/20/2014 9:07:06 PM
im enjoying it as well.i tried playing mario/luigi and it was just too difficult.(i have crappy eye hand coordination)and im doing well with this.i do hope however the next pm will have a level up system.