The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D?

#1KirbyPuffballPosted 4/16/2011 11:36:22 AM
What are the chances of this game getting an remastered version for the 3DS? It would be awesome if Nintendo added the option to play the game without the time limit. But a person can dream sometimes.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0991-1212-7674 Name: Kris
put this in your sig if you are one of the 10% of gamers that are still capable of having fun
#2S_U_PerheroPosted 4/16/2011 11:49:23 AM
KirbyPuffball posted...
It would be awesome if Nintendo added the option to play the game without the time limit.

And while we're at it, why not make a Mario game without the ability to jump? Or put Sonic in a wheelchair? Or a Final Fantasy game where all the characters have completely realistic and simple hair-styles?

The three-day cycle was the backbone of virtually everything that made the game great. A New Day second-quest without the time limit might be nice, but taking the clock out of the main game is like taking the buttons off the controller.
---
Come, let's fly/We'll sail where the wind may take us through that starry sky/('Cause apparently, back then, they had ships that could do that) ~brentalfloss
#3SakurafanboyPosted 4/16/2011 12:01:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4LinkofHyrule991Posted 4/16/2011 12:19:22 PM
Considering the story and all the side-quests had to do with the flow of time during the 3 days, it just wouldn't work, at all
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#5pftschutePosted 4/16/2011 12:43:23 PM
Remove the time limit and you remove the game's soul; it made possible most of what is unique about Majora's Mask.

Another remake is unnecessary, I would like to see an original Zelda game for the 3DS.
#6SakurafanboyPosted 4/16/2011 12:45:00 PM
If anything have it be:

OoT3D
New Zelda
MM3D

to break it up a bit. I hope we can squeeze 3-4 Zeldas out in 3DS' lifetime. 2 new, 2 remake.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#7KirbyPuffball(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2011 12:47:44 PM
@ Sakurafanboy
No, I beat the game, got all 24 masks. Of course, sometimes I do go lazy, and forget the heart pieces, so it's not entirely done, but I can beat the game, and get all the masks. no problem.

@S_U_PerHero
I just suggested it because it would have been a break from constantly having to play Song of Inverted time every single time, cause sometimes I forgot, and was like, "Wha? Why is it night already??" Besides, it could be an option AFTER you beat the game, and get all 24 masks, or something, Not remove it from the whole game entirely, Maybe the Mask salesman can turn it on/off, since if you let time run out, it's miraculously back to Day 1, and he's perfectly fine, and the first guy you see when that happens. (Hax? XP)
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0991-1212-7674 Name: Kris
put this in your sig if you are one of the 10% of gamers that are still capable of having fun
#8S_U_PerheroPosted 4/16/2011 12:51:20 PM
It'd be cheaper and easier for Nintendo to put out a Majora's Mask remake before announcing an original 3DS Zelda, considering how much of Ocarina of Time was recycled for the sake of getting Majora's Mask done inside of a year.

So, like, maybe the original would be announced at the same time as Majora's announcement, and then one third of the way through the new one's development cycle, we'll be enjoying the Best Game The N64 Ever Had on our 3DS'.
---
Come, let's fly/We'll sail where the wind may take us through that starry sky/('Cause apparently, back then, they had ships that could do that) ~brentalfloss
#9pftschutePosted 4/16/2011 12:53:38 PM
A proper remake of Ocarina of Time was inevitable of the stature of the title. I see no reason, however, to believe that the same will be done for Majora's Mask in the near future.
#10S_U_PerheroPosted 4/16/2011 1:06:19 PM
But as has already been said, the in-game clock governed the entire game-world. Events happened or didn't happen depending on the time and day, such as when the mailman made his runs, which were essential to the Anju/Kafei sidquest, or what state Romani Ranch was in when you got there. How do you suggest the game would work, at all, if the clock wasn't running? It wouldn't.

As I said, maybe you could get away with some New Day Second Quest, but then it would work just like any other Zelda game, missing the point entirely.

pftschute posted...
A proper remake of Ocarina of Time was inevitable of the stature of the title. I see no reason, however, to believe that the same will be done for Majora's Mask in the near future.

You mean besides the fact that it's the sequel to Ocarina, and tops Best Zelda Countdowns just as often? There's no reason not to, considering how much of the work would already have been done just by remaking Ocarina.
---