The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Changes FAQ: version 1.0

#111scigeek101Posted 9/10/2011 1:12:05 AMmessage detail
Zero_Maniac posted...
bradgfy posted...
I don't have the golden scale, but I was able to get the heart piece in the laboratory by touching the ground with the iron boots. I didn't think you were supposed to be able to do that.

Your game is glitched or something.

I think all games are glitched in that manner. Because I have done it that way before and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
---
Now that Bin Laden is dead let's go after Krazy Kim.
#112Zero_ManiacPosted 9/11/2011 12:57:52 PMmessage detail
scigeek101 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
bradgfy posted...
I don't have the golden scale, but I was able to get the heart piece in the laboratory by touching the ground with the iron boots. I didn't think you were supposed to be able to do that.

Your game is glitched or something.

I think all games are glitched in that manner. Because I have done it that way before and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I've never been able to do that? O_o
---
It isn't "hard," so to speak.
It's incredibly easy to mess up and get killed. -An amazing GameFaqs user
#113KronoKrossPosted 9/21/2011 7:03:16 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#114Luigi786Posted 9/29/2011 9:36:56 PMmessage detail
I've known about it stuffed it in an anal burger licked it and threw it in the trash
---
This is a scratch-and-sniff sig. Go ahead, try it!
4 People Sniffed my sig.- Coleby since 05'
#115glimpusPosted 9/30/2011 3:56:51 AMmessage detail

When fighting twinrova it's easier than before. Before they would mix up the fire and ice they threw at you, to make it more difficult to absord the three correct attacks.

A lot of the bosses seem nerfed. Dark Link was soooooooooooooooo much easier this time around.

Also in MQ, I'm not too thrilled about the mirroring of the world. I mean, I've played this game so many times, to have the world completely different, let alone a right handed Link is just, too weird. But the altered dungeons and increased enemy attack damage do intrigue me.

#116scigeek101Posted 9/30/2011 9:23:01 PMmessage detail
glimpus posted...
When fighting twinrova it's easier than before. Before they would mix up the fire and ice they threw at you, to make it more difficult to absord the three correct attacks.A lot of the bosses seem nerfed. Dark Link was soooooooooooooooo much easier this time around.Also in MQ, I'm not too thrilled about the mirroring of the world. I mean, I've played this game so many times, to have the world completely different, let alone a right handed Link is just, too weird. But the altered dungeons and increased enemy attack damage do intrigue me.

At least having a Mirrored Overworld is slightly more interesting than having one that is exactly the same.
---
Now that Bin Laden is dead let's go after Krazy Kim.
#117hyliamanPosted 10/3/2011 1:39:00 AMmessage detail
Here's what I notice.

The Great Deku Tree's skin no longer crawls as it changes color when he dies. I miss that.

There are posters littered through out Kakariko village.

Impa's house has notes posted all around detailing nearly all the items in the game and their uses.

The Cuccoo stuck under the box in Kakario village can no longer be heard no matter where you are in town, instead it can only be heard if you are nearby it ( THANK GOD )

The Cursed Skulltula man no longer has flesh around his eyes, his arm that used to be human is now yellow and black striped, but is still shaped like a human arm, and his orange hair is no longer visible. His house also appears to have furniture in it that wasn't there before.

Fire Keese are a pure white color instead of brown with black wings.

The sounds Lizalfos make are a little different when they walk around.

The Hookshot actually appears to have a laser sight instead of just a red crosshair.

Bombchu's appear to have feet.

The Bean salesman actually has a bean rolling around in his mouth for a little while before eating another one.

The Boat in the Shadow Temple has a Grim Reaper in a red cloak holding the bells instead of the horned Bird.

The breakable pillars and chairs in the Iron Knuckle Rooms in the spirit Temple look completely different from their Ocarina of Time versions, they are grey with fancy designs instead of just brick red with brick patterns.

The Lens of Truth now puts a thin, cat eye like stripe across the middle of the screen when you equip it, to more closely make it fit the way the lens actually looks.

The Poe in the haunted wasteland is now a big-poe instead of the double pointed hat Poes that appear when you are on foot in hyrule field.

Once you get a hooked fish close enough to you in the fishing pond, the camera zooms out, just like in the original game, however it does not Zoom back in on the fish if he manages to get farther away from you.

There appear to be helmets of hylian Knights outside Ganon's Tower, when originally there were only bones. There are also a skull with a spear in the eye... not sure if that was in the original.

There appears to be glowing green runes lining the path to the top of Ganon's tower.

The Music in Ganon's Tower is max volume the instant you enter the bottom of the tower, instead of gradually getting louder, the closer you get to Ganondorf. ( The con, it's less awesome when you finally see Ganondorf playing the organ. The Pro, you get to hear the intro of the song that was too quiet to hear in Ocarina of Time unless you bought the sound track, and that intro was re-used in Twilight Princess as Ganondorf was rising off the throne (right after the chime from the original NES Zelda when Ganon appears ))

Ganondorf's breathing upon defeat and coming out of the rubble is much faster.

Ganon's nose no longer swivels around when he's frozen by Zelda, and his Jaw no longer swivels around when he roars upon appearing.

If you let Ingo overlap you without being too close to the finish line, the game won't register his victory, and you can still win.

Link now spins the sword in his hand when he's locked onto an enemy, ala Twilight Princess.

In the Lakeside Labratory, Dr. Mizumi appears to have actually caught an Octorock in a tank instead of a generic octopus.

Link now looks at areas of interest, just like in TP and TWW.

Link has a harness for his sword and Shield, which was present in Majora's Mask, but not Ocarina of Time, despite being in the artwork.

Stone of Agony is now Shard of Agony and chimes when near a secret instead of rumbling ( can't beleive you didn't post that? )

I'm tired, that's it for now.
---
You can look? This object... You crash your theory.
#118Zero_ManiacPosted 11/6/2011 4:06:07 PMmessage detail
hyliaman posted...
Here's what I notice.

The Great Deku Tree's skin no longer crawls as it changes color when he dies. I miss that.

There are posters littered through out Kakariko village.

Impa's house has notes posted all around detailing nearly all the items in the game and their uses.

The Cuccoo stuck under the box in Kakario village can no longer be heard no matter where you are in town, instead it can only be heard if you are nearby it ( THANK GOD )

The Cursed Skulltula man no longer has flesh around his eyes, his arm that used to be human is now yellow and black striped, but is still shaped like a human arm, and his orange hair is no longer visible. His house also appears to have furniture in it that wasn't there before.

Fire Keese are a pure white color instead of brown with black wings.

The sounds Lizalfos make are a little different when they walk around.

The Hookshot actually appears to have a laser sight instead of just a red crosshair.

Bombchu's appear to have feet.

The Bean salesman actually has a bean rolling around in his mouth for a little while before eating another one.

The Boat in the Shadow Temple has a Grim Reaper in a red cloak holding the bells instead of the horned Bird.

The breakable pillars and chairs in the Iron Knuckle Rooms in the spirit Temple look completely different from their Ocarina of Time versions, they are grey with fancy designs instead of just brick red with brick patterns.

The Lens of Truth now puts a thin, cat eye like stripe across the middle of the screen when you equip it, to more closely make it fit the way the lens actually looks.

The Poe in the haunted wasteland is now a big-poe instead of the double pointed hat Poes that appear when you are on foot in hyrule field.

Once you get a hooked fish close enough to you in the fishing pond, the camera zooms out, just like in the original game, however it does not Zoom back in on the fish if he manages to get farther away from you.

There appear to be helmets of hylian Knights outside Ganon's Tower, when originally there were only bones. There are also a skull with a spear in the eye... not sure if that was in the original.

There appears to be glowing green runes lining the path to the top of Ganon's tower.

The Music in Ganon's Tower is max volume the instant you enter the bottom of the tower, instead of gradually getting louder, the closer you get to Ganondorf. ( The con, it's less awesome when you finally see Ganondorf playing the organ. The Pro, you get to hear the intro of the song that was too quiet to hear in Ocarina of Time unless you bought the sound track, and that intro was re-used in Twilight Princess as Ganondorf was rising off the throne (right after the chime from the original NES Zelda when Ganon appears ))

Ganondorf's breathing upon defeat and coming out of the rubble is much faster.

Ganon's nose no longer swivels around when he's frozen by Zelda, and his Jaw no longer swivels around when he roars upon appearing.

If you let Ingo overlap you without being too close to the finish line, the game won't register his victory, and you can still win.

Link now spins the sword in his hand when he's locked onto an enemy, ala Twilight Princess.

In the Lakeside Labratory, Dr. Mizumi appears to have actually caught an Octorock in a tank instead of a generic octopus.

Link now looks at areas of interest, just like in TP and TWW.

I'm tired, that's it for now.

This whole post can be summed up in 7 words:

They changed everything visually and sound wise.
---
It isn't "hard," so to speak.
It's incredibly easy to mess up and get killed. -An amazing GameFaqs user
#119hyliamanPosted 11/10/2011 9:58:51 PMmessage detail
Zero_Maniac posted...

This whole post can be summed up in 7 words:

They changed everything visually and sound wise.

Thank you captain obvious but the topic was asking for SPECIFIC EXAMPLES. Not a generally vague description that could be applied to the whole game.
---
You can look? This object... You crash your theory.
#120The_KoreyPosted 11/21/2011 5:20:13 PMmessage detail
They removed the easter egg that changes the color of the Gerudo uniforms everytime you switch tunics after you find all the carpenters. I miss that one. :<
---
^ ... you probably shouldn't have read that...
http://oi54.tinypic.com/2ibm5q1.jpg