Fire Arrows?

#1ClyzmPosted 6/20/2011 5:34:21 PM
Spoilers if you haven't played OOT ever:

In the N64 version you used to be able to get the fire arrows before completing the water temple. Shoot the sun, spawn a scarecrow at the drop spot, hookshot to it. Now in the 3DS version I'm having an issue where the arrows simply won't spawn when I shoot the sun. I'm currently just past the forest temple, and have gone into the water temple but didn't do anything inside yet.
#2NintendoerPosted 6/20/2011 5:38:58 PM
Are you sure you shot the sun in the morning?

If not, then it sounds like you can't get the fire arrows 'til after the water temple.
---
Official Nintendoer of...whatever board I decide to post in.
#3Clyzm(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2011 5:44:18 PM
Yep, I used Sun's Song and shot right when the sun came up. I could hear a faint sizzling sound, but no fire arrows.

I'm gonna try it without using the song once, and then just go beat the water temple if it doesn't work.
#4NeonDragon9000Posted 6/20/2011 5:46:53 PM
They may have changed it so you need to beat the Water Temple first.

Frankly, this was news to me. I always thought you had to have the Water Medallion to access the Fishing Pond and the Fire Arrows as an adult.

They have certainly made how to get the Fire Arrows far more prominent, though. In the original, you just had the stone slab. Now, they gave you a hint in Impa's house and the actual islet where you get the arrows has a drawing on the pillars.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#5Tales_of_101Posted 6/20/2011 5:48:03 PM
I thought you could only do it after the Water Temple. You could always get it after unless you need it for something
#6NeonDragon9000Posted 6/20/2011 5:48:56 PM
Tales_of_101 posted...
I thought you could only do it after the Water Temple. You could always get it after unless you need it for something

There are a few places in the Water Temple where using the Fire Arrows would be helpful, but certainly not required.

However, in the MQ, the Fire Arrows are required to beat the game.
---
#7mtpfreakPosted 6/20/2011 5:58:57 PM
Reading the inscription on the islet, it does say to "Shoot at the morning sun when the lake is full of water", or something to that effect.

The key part being full of water, I don't recall if that was the original text in the n64 version but it seems like the developers wanted the fire arrows to reflect that phrase.
---
B/W Friendcode: 3868-7156-2801
#8NeonDragon9000Posted 6/20/2011 6:00:30 PM
mtpfreak posted...
Reading the inscription on the islet, it does say to "Shoot at the morning sun when the lake is full of water", or something to that effect.

The key part being full of water, I don't recall if that was the original text in the n64 version but it seems like the developers wanted the fire arrows to reflect that phrase.

Nope, in the N64 version it also said to shoot for the morning light when water fills the lake.

But you didn't have to, although I do think to reach Pierre you needed the Longshot. Could be wrong on that one, though.
---
#9Clyzm(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2011 6:17:18 PM
You were able to reach Pierre with the hookshot, you just had to stand in a really specific spot.

Also an earlier post mentioned the Hylia Fishing area; you can still get there before finishing the water temple by using a magic bean.
#10jeronimo777Posted 6/20/2011 6:27:44 PM
I got to the fishing area as an adult without even using the magic plant. I used the scarecrow's song, and then I just used a hookshot. I had to try several spots though just to find a place to hit Pierre.
---
This statement is FALSE!