Time Paradox

#1AXBHikaruPosted 6/25/2011 3:43:29 PM
The one thing that's always bugged me in this game is that Link goes into the future, but when Zelda sends him back in time, things occur somewhat differently. What it is, is how Zelda and Impa obviously ran away from Hyrule castle, yet when he returns to the past, Zelda is back in Hyrule castle. I doubt Link could've gone into the past before she and Impa ran away because it'd cause a Time Paradox in which they never fled, Link never got the Ocarina of Time and went to the Temple of Time, making the adult timeline obsolete. But I also noticed that there should be a split into about 3 different timelines. One, obviously where Link and Zelda warn the king of Ganondorf's plans. A second one where Link is erased and Ganon is defeated. A third where Link no longer exists and Ganon rules Hyrule because Link didn't have the lens of truth. Thoughs are just my views on the matter though.
---
I don't care if I win or lose, just as long as I have a good time.
#2Seraph303Posted 6/25/2011 3:45:13 PM

What it is, is how Zelda and Impa obviously ran away from Hyrule castle, yet when he returns to the past, Zelda is back in Hyrule castle.
By logic and common-sense you can deduce that Zelda sent him before they ever met.

#3HkingNPosted 6/25/2011 3:48:16 PM
Seraph303 posted...
What it is, is how Zelda and Impa obviously ran away from Hyrule castle, yet when he returns to the past, Zelda is back in Hyrule castle.By logic and common-sense you can deduce that Zelda sent him before they ever met.

But why's the Door of Time already open? Wouldn't that imply that this is after Link opens the door (which is after Zelda runs away)?
#4Baha05Posted 6/25/2011 3:51:24 PM
HkingN posted...
Seraph303 posted...
What it is, is how Zelda and Impa obviously ran away from Hyrule castle, yet when he returns to the past, Zelda is back in Hyrule castle.By logic and common-sense you can deduce that Zelda sent him before they ever met.

But why's the Door of Time already open? Wouldn't that imply that this is after Link opens the door (which is after Zelda runs away)?

From how I see it Zelda had opened it, she has the ToW at the time she sends him back, would not be surprised if she could use that to open the door.
#5sumostickfigurePosted 6/25/2011 3:54:01 PM
The door of time is left open because the developers didn't want to have to explain Link getting out with them closed.
---
Nintendo Wasting your AA batteries since 1989
http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/sumostickfigure/th_Nightanim1.gif
#6Takfloyd_mkII__Posted 6/25/2011 3:54:49 PM
How do you know the Door of Time was already open? It probably opened because Link materialized inside it with the Master Sword.
---
Signature change in progress... Please wait.
#7Seraph303Posted 6/25/2011 3:55:16 PM

Wouldn't that imply that this is after Link opens the door (which is after Zelda runs away)?
Since Link was sent back in time with all his items (except the Ocarina of Time), and Zelda transferred him through time to the Chamber of Time, he inserted the Master Sword back to the pedestal, Navi leaves, and Link goes and tells Zelda all that happens and has Darunia and King Zora to testify to his favor. This all happened the moment before they meant.

In summation;
Just because he was seen with the door open doesn't mean he was seant the moment Zelda was escaping from Ganondorf, which I'm amazed it's a scenario not many have taken into consideration.

#8AXBHikaru(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2011 3:56:08 PM
But if he was sent back before they escaped, he'd need to be missing an emerald, and you need all the emeralds to open the door to time, meaning Link would be trapped behind the doors.
---
#9SnowBrigadierPosted 6/25/2011 3:57:37 PM
The door was open before Link appeared. Clearly, he returned to a point in time moments before he was about to pull the Master Sword. As for why he could meet up with Zelda, she had to have returned to Hyrule Castle at some point after Ganondorf's attack failed.
---
And the flesh you so fancifully fry is not succulent, tasty or nice
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder
#10Seraph303Posted 6/25/2011 3:58:31 PM

AXBHikaru posted...
But if he was sent back before they escaped, he'd need to be missing an emerald, and you need all the emeralds to open the door to time, meaning Link would be trapped behind the doors.
---

But that's not how time paradoxes work in this game. With that logic, why would the Adult timeline even exist? All that transpired after metting Zelda would've been revoked from time. Personally, I think this split timeline mumbo-jumbo was a reason made by Miyamoto to continue to milk the series (even though he can milk it without a timeline). Everything that happened after their meeting is gone, why should the split timeline even exist? As I said, it's the milk the series, even though they can without having a timeline.