Why doesnt Link turn into a stalfos? (side quest spoilers)

#1themoth2112Posted 7/5/2011 6:09:51 AM
The 'nice guy' who gives you the mushroom to find the cure for the stalfos cure (or what ever it was) turned into a stalfos before you gave it to him because of the lore of the Lost Woods:
If anyone other than kokiri children enter the lost woods they will turn into stalfos.
Now, Link is a hylian...why doesnt he turn into a stalfos like that other kid?
---
mothmusic.tumblr.com
#2NintendoerPosted 7/5/2011 6:10:50 AM
He has a fairy with him, which I guess protects him from that fate.
---
Official Nintendoer of...whatever board I decide to post in.
#3brStalkerPosted 7/5/2011 6:11:35 AM
Link is a Hylian, but was raised as a Kokiri, and thus know his way through the Lost Woods and has/had the Great Deku Tree watching over him
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#4ChaoticKanePosted 7/5/2011 6:11:55 AM
Protected by deku tree as a child, Triforce of courage as an adult. He isn't there very long in the time between the tree's death and pulling the sword. Also, the time taken to turn isn't specified.
---
But lets not forget how deadly the zerg were in Starship troopers! Well until the Terrans got Marauders. - julbull73
#5redroses_4lifePosted 7/5/2011 6:15:20 AM
Whenever Link gets "lost", Navi puts him at the entrance of the Lost Woods to protect him.
---
"Beat it, Dracula don't need no health insurance. Dracula's dead already."
#6themoth2112(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 6:18:23 AM
redroses_4life posted...
Whenever Link gets "lost", Navi puts him at the entrance of the Lost Woods to protect him.

Even when he didn't have a fairy?
---
mothmusic.tumblr.com
#7redroses_4lifePosted 7/5/2011 6:20:54 AM
themoth2112 posted...
redroses_4life posted...

We don't have evidence to prove or not prove he went into the Lost Woods then so I don't know D:

Maybe he knew the way anyway so he never got lost.
---
"Beat it, Dracula don't need no health insurance. Dracula's dead already."
#8NintendoerPosted 7/5/2011 6:21:39 AM
themoth2112 posted...
redroses_4life posted...

Actually, no.

*END GAME SPOILERS*

It's believed that after MM, Link went into the Lost woods to find Navi, who left at the end of this game. However, he got turned into a stalfos; the one who teaches sword techniques in TP.
---
#9themoth2112(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 6:34:10 AM
Nintendoer posted...
themoth2112 posted...
redroses_4life posted...

Actually, no.

*END GAME SPOILERS*

It's believed that after MM, Link went into the Lost woods to find Navi, who left at the end of this game. However, he got turned into a stalfos; the one who teaches sword techniques in TP.

Thats a very good point, but didn't Link leave Hyrule through the lost woods in the first place?
---
mothmusic.tumblr.com
#10NintendoerPosted 7/5/2011 6:49:04 AM
themoth2112 posted...
Thats a very good point, but didn't Link leave Hyrule through the lost woods in the first place?

Yeah, maybe you have to "wander" lost for so long before becoming a stalfos.

Or maybe he wasn't in there very long before the skull kid attacked. After he attacked, all he did was follow him to Termina.
---