Why doesnt Link turn into a stalfos? (side quest spoilers)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  3. Why doesnt Link turn into a stalfos? (side quest spoilers)
5 years ago#1
The 'nice guy' who gives you the mushroom to find the cure for the stalfos cure (or what ever it was) turned into a stalfos before you gave it to him because of the lore of the Lost Woods:
If anyone other than kokiri children enter the lost woods they will turn into stalfos.
Now, Link is a hylian...why doesnt he turn into a stalfos like that other kid?
mothmusic.tumblr.com
5 years ago#2
He has a fairy with him, which I guess protects him from that fate.
Official Nintendoer of...whatever board I decide to post in.
5 years ago#3
Link is a Hylian, but was raised as a Kokiri, and thus know his way through the Lost Woods and has/had the Great Deku Tree watching over him
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
5 years ago#4
Protected by deku tree as a child, Triforce of courage as an adult. He isn't there very long in the time between the tree's death and pulling the sword. Also, the time taken to turn isn't specified.
But lets not forget how deadly the zerg were in Starship troopers! Well until the Terrans got Marauders. - julbull73
5 years ago#5
Whenever Link gets "lost", Navi puts him at the entrance of the Lost Woods to protect him.
"Beat it, Dracula don't need no health insurance. Dracula's dead already."
5 years ago#6
redroses_4life posted...
Whenever Link gets "lost", Navi puts him at the entrance of the Lost Woods to protect him.

Even when he didn't have a fairy?
mothmusic.tumblr.com
5 years ago#7
themoth2112 posted...
redroses_4life posted...

We don't have evidence to prove or not prove he went into the Lost Woods then so I don't know D:

Maybe he knew the way anyway so he never got lost.
"Beat it, Dracula don't need no health insurance. Dracula's dead already."
5 years ago#8
themoth2112 posted...
redroses_4life posted...

Actually, no.

*END GAME SPOILERS*

It's believed that after MM, Link went into the Lost woods to find Navi, who left at the end of this game. However, he got turned into a stalfos; the one who teaches sword techniques in TP.
5 years ago#9
Nintendoer posted...
themoth2112 posted...
redroses_4life posted...

Actually, no.

*END GAME SPOILERS*

It's believed that after MM, Link went into the Lost woods to find Navi, who left at the end of this game. However, he got turned into a stalfos; the one who teaches sword techniques in TP.

Thats a very good point, but didn't Link leave Hyrule through the lost woods in the first place?
mothmusic.tumblr.com
5 years ago#10
themoth2112 posted...
Thats a very good point, but didn't Link leave Hyrule through the lost woods in the first place?

Yeah, maybe you have to "wander" lost for so long before becoming a stalfos.

Or maybe he wasn't in there very long before the skull kid attacked. After he attacked, all he did was follow him to Termina.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  3. Why doesnt Link turn into a stalfos? (side quest spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived