No DLC?

#11ZaninPosted 3/31/2012 11:43:04 AM
donar posted...
Ura Zelda 64DD became Master Quest. I'm not sure why there is confusion over that. I remember it in multiple sources when the Gamecube Master Quest was released.

The Gamecube Master Quest is even called Zelda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina GC Ura in Japan.

I agree with TectonicImprov that you all might be thinking of Zelda Gaiden.

Some of Zelda Gaiden was scrapped, but most of it became Majora's Mask.

Some of Ura Zelda was scrapped, but most of it became Master Quest.

"Screenshots of Zelda: Gaiden released in August 1999 show unmistakable elements of the final version of Majora's Mask, such as the large clock that dominates the center of Clock Town, the timer at the bottom of the screen, and the Goron Mask.

That same month, Miyamoto confirmed that Ura Zelda and Zelda: Gaiden were separate projects"

The "Ura" name stems from Master Quest's origins, as an expansion to Ocarina of Time to be used with the Nintendo 64DD under the working title Ura Zelda.

Most of Ura became MQ? That doesn't make sense because all MQ is, is reversed world and DD....adds nothing new really...
#12NintendoerPosted 3/31/2012 12:29:21 PM
Zanin posted...
That doesn't make sense because all MQ is, is reversed world and DD....adds nothing new really...

Sorry, but that's just plain wrong. Have you ever played through the dungeons in MQ?

Besides, the original MQ didn't have a mirrored world and double damage. Why would they release it if nothing was changed?
---
Official Nintendoer of...whatever board I decide to post in.
#13quittaboi78Posted 4/1/2012 4:48:08 PM
Ura Zelda 64DD became Master Quest. I'm not sure why there is confusion over that. I remember it in multiple sources when the Gamecube Master Quest was released. The Gamecube Master Quest is even called Zelda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina GC Ura in Japan.

While this is true, it's highly likely that it was a business angle that they used to pitch in fans of the series (especially considering it was initially released as a preorder bonus to begin with). Internal files of the Master Quest ROM and the GCN disc/emulator itself are telling in that there are no references to the 64DD add-on, and there's at least one Nintendo of Europe source saying that it was essentially an outsourced development (ie. maybe DIMPS or TOSE and certainly not close to Miyamoto). So there are conflicting statements, one in which Nintendo reps try to make the story look favorable to their end and one in which hackers have extrapolated potential hints at the truth (did you know that there's an "Ocarina of Time X" logo in the disc, even though the "Ura Zelda" label has been used for years?). Not to mention that there's no sign of Ura Zelda being ported from its original format.

It is most probable that Master Quest was simply handled discreetly by an anonymous studio, having access to debug functions and possibly usingleftover dungeons assets or design documents dating back to Ura Zelda 64DD.
---
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!
#14Blood_NightsPosted 4/3/2012 8:46:32 AM
quittaboi78 posted...
Ura Zelda 64DD became Master Quest. I'm not sure why there is confusion over that. I remember it in multiple sources when the Gamecube Master Quest was released. The Gamecube Master Quest is even called Zelda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina GC Ura in Japan.

While this is true, it's highly likely that it was a business angle that they used to pitch in fans of the series (especially considering it was initially released as a preorder bonus to begin with). Internal files of the Master Quest ROM and the GCN disc/emulator itself are telling in that there are no references to the 64DD add-on, and there's at least one Nintendo of Europe source saying that it was essentially an outsourced development (ie. maybe DIMPS or TOSE and certainly not close to Miyamoto). So there are conflicting statements, one in which Nintendo reps try to make the story look favorable to their end and one in which hackers have extrapolated potential hints at the truth (did you know that there's an "Ocarina of Time X" logo in the disc, even though the "Ura Zelda" label has been used for years?). Not to mention that there's no sign of Ura Zelda being ported from its original format.

It is most probable that Master Quest was simply handled discreetly by an anonymous studio, having access to debug functions and possibly usingleftover dungeons assets or design documents dating back to Ura Zelda 64DD.

It's because during production, OoT originally started as a 64DD only game. There was no URA Zelda. It was converted to a 64 title and was planned to have an expansion after that, Ura Zelda. The 64DD died before OoT was even released, giving them enough time to entirely scrap the Ura Zelda project. There's still some references to Ura Zelda inside of OoT like the Ura savefile that you gain by corrupting an OoT save.

In my opinion, Ura Zelda was never more than a plan. There's no way they would have started an expansion before they even released a game.
---
Windows 7 Pro|AMD Athlon II x4 2.6ghz|16GB DDR3 1666MHZ|AMD Radeon 6780 1GB DDR5 vram|4TB HDD Space total|4 Bread slots dedicated to Minecraft
#15MetalKirbyPlushPosted 4/3/2012 11:40:53 AM
URA Zelda technically became MQ. When people here talk about URA Zelda, they're talking about the beta content that was originally supposed to be in the final product, even if the referential name for that is incorrect.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#16YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 4/6/2012 5:44:11 PM
Actually that Ura Zelda is called Zelda 64 and they did indeed scrap that version BUT Miyomoto as a back up was working on ura zelda for those who had the n64, they would have to buy the n64dd to be able to play ura zelda, it was Nintendos way of DLC back then, Miyomoto was gonna add in additional dungeons which were cut out due to space, there was gonna be more side quests and dungeons like the light temple and unicorn fountain which granted the ability to shoot out beams like in all the other zeldas except TP and WW. He was working on it as a back up for if n64dd was a success, also Gaiden was gonna be another OOT expansion pack but was changed to Majoras mask, there were 2 expansion packs being worked on for OOT, Ura Zelda which added in content which was cut out due to space issues and Gaiden which was gonna be apart of oot and you could go to a new world.

It is complete, im thinking they are gonna add it in one day to get people to rebuy it, also MQ is not ura zelda, it was a lazy ass way of shutting the ura zelda fanboys up, it was made up at the last minute and very half assed.

Zelda 64 was Zelda N64dd but then its development was changed to N64, which is named OOT but then Miyomoto started work on 2 expansion packs for oot which could be added through n64dd, one was called Ura Zelda, the other was Gaiden which got changed to Majoras Mask. Im thinking this maybe Nintendos last version of oot before they add in actual content cause if they keep reselling the same game too many times, it wont be as successful and almost every zelda game has more replay value than oot does, oh dont bring up the heart piece BS.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#17Blood_NightsPosted 4/8/2012 10:26:00 PM
YAMI_ANUBIS_X posted...
Actually that Ura Zelda is called Zelda 64 and they did indeed scrap that version BUT Miyomoto as a back up was working on ura zelda for those who had the n64, they would have to buy the n64dd to be able to play ura zelda, it was Nintendos way of DLC back then, Miyomoto was gonna add in additional dungeons which were cut out due to space, there was gonna be more side quests and dungeons like the light temple and unicorn fountain which granted the ability to shoot out beams like in all the other zeldas except TP and WW. He was working on it as a back up for if n64dd was a success, also Gaiden was gonna be another OOT expansion pack but was changed to Majoras mask, there were 2 expansion packs being worked on for OOT, Ura Zelda which added in content which was cut out due to space issues and Gaiden which was gonna be apart of oot and you could go to a new world.

It is complete, im thinking they are gonna add it in one day to get people to rebuy it, also MQ is not ura zelda, it was a lazy ass way of shutting the ura zelda fanboys up, it was made up at the last minute and very half assed.

Zelda 64 was Zelda N64dd but then its development was changed to N64, which is named OOT but then Miyomoto started work on 2 expansion packs for oot which could be added through n64dd, one was called Ura Zelda, the other was Gaiden which got changed to Majoras Mask. Im thinking this maybe Nintendos last version of oot before they add in actual content cause if they keep reselling the same game too many times, it wont be as successful and almost every zelda game has more replay value than oot does, oh dont bring up the heart piece BS.

Actually, there were no original intentions beyond a modified save system. If there had been more dungeons planned (and there was never any hints at this, at all), you would have seen references to them in the original 64 coding. When it comes to 3D models, you can't on the fly delete polygons that are attached to other polygons (sharing the same vertices) without deleting the rest of the polygons. This means that, in order to add new areas with new dungeons, just to add them in to the world they would have to on the fly delete huge amounts of hyrule field to make areas where you'd be able to access these new areas. The ONLY place that even makes a slight possible entrance to another dungeon is the hole in the bottom of Zora's Domain, which I personally believe was originally going to be the ice cavern.

Not only that, the game would have to have transition references to these new areas that were to be included, including if statements like "If UraZelda = yes", which there were none. Therefore, there's no way it'd just aimlessly know how to delete what to put something else there. This means the only way to do these new areas would be a shadowed version of Hyrule field on the DD64 itself, which isn't possible as well because no areas (Kakoriko, for example) make references to something like "if UraZelda = yes" or to retrieving any other map if a flag is set. This means it's literally impossible for them to add content since nothing ever tries to access these databits like that.

Like I said, UraZelda was nothing more than a plan. They were originally going to release the uncut save files (because the DD64 had a huge amount of save space possible) which saved literally everything you did, that's all UraZelda was ever planned to be. No one from Nintendo EVER said that there was going to more dungeons or anything like that. Merely that they wanted to create what they couldn't with the N64, that being better graphics (also possible with the DD64 since it had it's own dedicated ram) and a fully rememberative save system.
---
Windows 7 Pro|AMD Athlon II x4 2.6ghz|16GB DDR3 1666MHZ|AMD Radeon 6780 1GB DDR5 vram|4TB HDD Space total|4 Bread slots dedicated to Minecraft
#18Zero_Maniac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 7:06:09 AM
^ that sounds like it would've been fun.
---
"I've got it. KMA IS the coin!!" -anonymous
Official Riku of the Kingdom Hearts 3D board
#19Shinobi120Posted 4/13/2012 4:20:51 PM
Why would you want DLC off of a 14 year old game? Seriously?
#20IlluminoiusPosted 4/13/2012 6:18:47 PM
Yes. Wouldn't you prefer a newer game to have DLC?