Convince me to keep this game.

#1Reborn_TenguPosted 4/3/2012 8:21:08 AM
So I picked up Oot on impulse about two weeks ago when I bought Pokemon Black, cause it had a discount. In that time I've only just beaten the second dungeon. I played it on my 64 years ago but never got past the 5th dungeon because of my short attention span as a kid. I figured I would do better this time, I mean Wind Waker is one of my favorite games of all time and I really like TP and SS. Yeah, I'm going to have to say so far this game is much weaker then any of those...

I just don't like it that much at all. Plus I have other games to play. I'm going to Gamestop this afternoon to get KI:U, and if I'm not going to be playing this game I might as well trade it in. Although, I'll have lost money if I do that and maybe the game does get better, I don't know.
#2JJ2036Posted 4/3/2012 8:25:53 AM
Well if u dont like it then sell it. U gave it a shot thats all u can do is try
---
GT: JayIsDaTruth
#3Blood_NightsPosted 4/3/2012 8:34:31 AM
You said TP was stronger than OoT and therefore your opinions don't matter.

Anyway, personally OoT wasn't very good. It's only revered as the best due to it introducing 3D to the series and creating the autolock feature for video games. Past that, it's got a boring story and gameplay was alright. Sell it.
---
Windows 7 Pro|AMD Athlon II x4 2.6ghz|16GB DDR3 1666MHZ|AMD Radeon 6780 1GB DDR5 vram|4TB HDD Space total|4 Bread slots dedicated to Minecraft
#4Reborn_Tengu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 9:03:11 AM
I was kinda looking for a reason to keep it to be honest. So this game isn't going to improve much then?
#5JJ2036Posted 4/3/2012 9:29:55 AM(edited)
Its gets better the first three temples are pretty basicebonce u grow up the game opens up more
---
GT: JayIsDaTruth
#6MetalKirbyPlushPosted 4/3/2012 11:43:59 AM
The adult segment is considered by many to be the superior (and of course, larger) section of the game. I'd at least give one or two temples in the adult timeline a shot before finally settling to trade it in.

As for myself, I replay the game almost regularly and in many different fashions as the game gives you a fair amount of choice with dungeon progression and provides a ton of exploration early in the game, one of the big reasons that it's my third favorite 3D Zelda game.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#7Reborn_Tengu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 11:52:56 AM
MetalKirbyPlush posted...
The adult segment is considered by many to be the superior (and of course, larger) section of the game. I'd at least give one or two temples in the adult timeline a shot before finally settling to trade it in.

As for myself, I replay the game almost regularly and in many different fashions as the game gives you a fair amount of choice with dungeon progression and provides a ton of exploration early in the game, one of the big reasons that it's my third favorite 3D Zelda game.

Alright, I'm going to head out and get KI:U now. I guess I'll hold onto it for now. Not sure when I'll have the chance to play it though, I've heard really good things about KI. Anyways thanks for your input.
#8wrightreyesrockPosted 4/3/2012 12:56:16 PM
The adult sections of the game are far superior to the kid sections. If you can tough out the kid sections, it'll get a lot better
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3611 1741 9366
#9GRNKRBYPosted 4/3/2012 1:21:23 PM
I traded this game in for Star Fox because I heard the 3D effect was better in that game. Haven't found a game that had as impressive amount of 3D as Zelda since (ghosting effects aside). RE: Revelations has better 3D, but Zelda had the best pop out effects I've seen so far (don't own Kid Icarus either).
#10gallirPosted 4/3/2012 9:08:20 PM
I like dungeons 5-9 more than 1-4. I dislike 3 and 4. The 3DS version also includes master quest so you basically have 18 dungeons to play in total.

If you dislike it that much then sell it, but I know for me I always regret selling games unless they have no redeeming qualities at all.
---
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D and Mario Kart 7