Why can't I beat Ganon?

#1minimidgy89Posted 7/27/2012 12:56:30 PM
I go into the Ganon fight with 3 blue potions and 1 fairy. I can easily beat the first part using Biggoron's Sword or the Hammer. Then during the second part, he just doesn't die. I've tried using the Biggoron's Sword and the Hammer. Eventually I run out of magic and have to use the potions. Even after those are used up, I can still easily roll under his legs and hit his tail, but he just doesn't die. I finally turned the game off after 45 minutes of fighting and I barely even lost any hearts.

What am I doing wrong?
---
3DS FC: 2921-9594-5928
#2DruciferBriggsPosted 7/27/2012 1:10:35 PM
Are you stunning him by shooting Light Arrows at his face first? Just like the first part of the fight where you stun him with a light arrow to the face run around and attack his back side after collecting the Master Sword.

No idea why it wouldn't work for you. If you run out of magic just lure him to attack the stones to get more.
#3minimidgy89(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2012 1:17:07 PM
DruciferBriggs posted...
Are you stunning him by shooting Light Arrows at his face first? Just like the first part of the fight where you stun him with a light arrow to the face run around and attack his back side after collecting the Master Sword.

No idea why it wouldn't work for you. If you run out of magic just lure him to attack the stones to get more.

Wait, do I have to use the Master Sword for the second part? I've been using the Biggoron's Sword...
---
#4FredCat07Posted 7/27/2012 1:30:26 PM
minimidgy89 posted...
DruciferBriggs posted...

Wait, do I have to use the Master Sword for the second part? I've been using the Biggoron's Sword...

Indeed, it's canon for Ganon to be defeat by using Master Sword.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.
#5minimidgy89(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2012 1:40:42 PM
FredCat07 posted...
minimidgy89 posted...
DruciferBriggs posted...

This is actually the first Zelda game where I reached the final boss. Now I feel stupid lol
---
#6FredCat07Posted 7/27/2012 1:59:17 PM
minimidgy89 posted...
FredCat07 posted...
minimidgy89 posted...
DruciferBriggs posted...

This is actually the first Zelda game where I reached the final boss. Now I feel stupid lol

But it's not my first - Twilight Princess on GC was my first Zelda Game. It just happened that way you didn't know about that. If you had listening to all comments that many people had mention in the games, you will realize how important Master Sword is.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.
#7UltraOshawottPosted 8/7/2012 10:26:28 PM
The Master Sword is the only one allowed to defeat Ganon.
---
My WarioWare DIY code: 5114-8603-9549
#8imagine606Posted 8/8/2012 10:16:36 AM
FredCat07 posted...
minimidgy89 posted...
DruciferBriggs posted...

Nice rhyme there.