Master Quest missables and differences?

#11Dark_LawlPosted 11/19/2012 3:27:10 PM
I think the tree after you pass the Kokiri bridge is different. I seem to remember an obnoxious branch getting in the way of my walking there before, but now it's been removed in the 3DS version I think.

Also, Dark Link is easier when using the master sword compared to N64/Gamecube.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#12lvalicePosted 11/19/2012 9:37:19 PM
Pretty sure that nothing in a Zelda game is ever miss-able. Except maybe meaningless dialogue from NPCs
#13Not_Shoryus_Alt(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 2:10:05 AM
Just read this:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/Master_Quest_Gold_Skulltulas

Warning: You cannot get one of the Skulltula's in the Spirit Temple if you kill the Ironknuckle before it destroys the wall! Scroll down for details.

Is this true or is IGN just being ignorant like usual?

:p
---
See my quote for Mario Kart 7 stuff. 3DS FC: 0946-3592-1626
#14blood_bluesPosted 11/28/2012 3:09:08 AM
Nintendoer posted...
297543BC posted...
Just encountered a glitch that makes a heart piece permanently missable, make sure you play the Song of Storms to the frogs on the log before the other five songs, or they will grow up and you miss the heart piece. I encountered this on a normal playthrough, but assum it would also happen on Master Quest.

Are you sure about that? On my most recent playthroughs of the normal mode and MQ, I saved the SoS for last. Yes, the frogs all grew up before I played it, but they still gave me the PoH.

Same here, I know for a fact that you can play SoS last, because that's the last song that I got [other than the teleport ones], and I have 20 hearts...
#15NintendoerPosted 11/28/2012 9:08:13 AM
Not_Shoryus_Alt posted...

You know, now that you mention it, I don't know. It would seem strange to have a missable there, of all places. Maybe the Iron knuckle comes back?

I'm gonna have to test that now.
---
Official Nintendoer of...whatever board I decide to post in.
#16Zeldafan77Posted 11/28/2012 7:43:24 PM
Nintendoer posted...
Not_Shoryus_Alt posted...

You know, now that you mention it, I don't know. It would seem strange to have a missable there, of all places. Maybe the Iron knuckle comes back?

I'm gonna have to test that now.

I'm pretty sure the Iron Knuckle comes back.
---
Intelligence for your life on the John Tesh Radio Show.
White FC 1721 9332 9920 (use unless told otherwise) | Name Kevin for both | Black FC 2064 9785 5817
#17Czar_YoshiPosted 11/30/2012 3:14:05 PM
297543BC posted...
I've seen at least one other person say they encoutered this issue. I'll try and go back through and scour every other possible heart piece, but I went through them all once thoroughly, and that's the only possible one I haven't got.

Will report back with findings...

It couldn't have been that thorough, or you would have found out that Dampe gives you infinite heart pieces.
#18Not_Shoryus_Alt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:19:57 AM
Bumpy laroo. Anyone check on the Knuckle yet? I'll test it myself if I gotta but it will be a while. Just got done with Fire Temple(which sucked hard BTW, felt incomplete) and moving on to Water. Yeah.
---
See my quote for Mario Kart 7 stuff. 3DS FC: 0946-3592-1626
#19One pogi pinoyPosted 12/5/2012 11:34:54 PM(edited)
lvalice posted...
Pretty sure that nothing in a Zelda game is ever miss-able. Except maybe meaningless dialogue from NPCs

In the original N64 version, the final Deku Nut upgrade was missable. This is the reason why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXy7UU1VBOY

---
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everybody. - Bill Cosby
#20NeonDragon9000Posted 12/7/2012 9:32:17 AM
That Iron Knuckle comes back, you can't not get the Token.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe