My first full playthrough of this game (Youtube) with HD Textures (PC)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  3. My first full playthrough of this game (Youtube) with HD Textures (PC)

User Info: Manhunt21

Manhunt21
4 years ago#1
I know that this is the 3DS board, but I think that the HD Texture pack looks pretty good compared to the 3DS version, and I'd also like to see what you guys think of it.

In any case, I am doing a playthrough of this game for my youtube channel and I've never beaten the game before. If anyone wants to watch a noob play the game, here is the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kRUJnUkJX0

Skip to the part with the HD Texture Pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnDPOA495w8

Tips would also be appreciated.
PC > 360 > PS3
Youtube: Cyberdemon531 | Like Doom? Subscribe!

User Info: Blouge

Blouge
3 years ago#2
I tried the HD pack about 6 months ago. Despite a tremendously frustrating struggle by this experienced software engineer, it never worked in the least.

Instead of a cool looking Zelda game, I ended up with missing hair and scars on my wrists.

User Info: Manhunt21

Manhunt21
3 years ago#3
Blouge posted...
I tried the HD pack about 6 months ago. Despite a tremendously frustrating struggle by this experienced software engineer, it never worked in the least.

Instead of a cool looking Zelda game, I ended up with missing hair and scars on my wrists.

I can make a tutorial for you if you want.
PC > 360 > PS3
Youtube: Cyberdemon531 | Like Doom? Subscribe!

User Info: Blouge

Blouge
3 years ago#4
Some pointers might be helpful! The cuts on my wrists have almost healed so I might even be willing to take another stab at it.

It was a long time ago but IIRC, every time it ran, it spent an awful lot of time building a texture cache or something. While going through hundreds of textures it would show text like "Texture 346/687" or something and then crash. The precise point at which it would crash would vary wildly.

I used both Project64 available at Zophar and a newer one that you have to register to get. IIRC they crash in slightly different, interesting ways. Administrator mode / normal mode had no effect, nor did avoiding "C:\Program Files (x86)" help.

Trying to trim down the input files so as to change only a single texture still resulted in failure.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and Core i7 4.0 GHz (overclocked from 3.4; Prime95, Orthos, IntelBurnTest, linpack, memtest+ or whatever stable) and 16 GB RAM and XFX HD 5770 1 GB ram. Hyperthreading enabled. I'm sure it's stable, I can play Skyrim for hours and it has a big ass copper heatsink so the CPU rarely gets above 50C.

User Info: Czar_Yoshi

Czar_Yoshi
3 years ago#5
Blouge posted...

For a moment I thought you were talking about Link...
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  3. My first full playthrough of this game (Youtube) with HD Textures (PC)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived