My first full playthrough of this game (Youtube) with HD Textures (PC)

#1Manhunt21Posted 12/3/2012 4:37:32 PM
I know that this is the 3DS board, but I think that the HD Texture pack looks pretty good compared to the 3DS version, and I'd also like to see what you guys think of it.

In any case, I am doing a playthrough of this game for my youtube channel and I've never beaten the game before. If anyone wants to watch a noob play the game, here is the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kRUJnUkJX0

Skip to the part with the HD Texture Pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnDPOA495w8

Tips would also be appreciated.
---
PC > 360 > PS3
Youtube: Cyberdemon531 | Like Doom? Subscribe!
#2BlougePosted 12/6/2012 1:47:35 PM
I tried the HD pack about 6 months ago. Despite a tremendously frustrating struggle by this experienced software engineer, it never worked in the least.

Instead of a cool looking Zelda game, I ended up with missing hair and scars on my wrists.
#3Manhunt21(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:58:17 PM
Blouge posted...
I tried the HD pack about 6 months ago. Despite a tremendously frustrating struggle by this experienced software engineer, it never worked in the least.

Instead of a cool looking Zelda game, I ended up with missing hair and scars on my wrists.

I can make a tutorial for you if you want.
---
PC > 360 > PS3
Youtube: Cyberdemon531 | Like Doom? Subscribe!
#4BlougePosted 12/7/2012 5:23:03 PM(edited)
Some pointers might be helpful! The cuts on my wrists have almost healed so I might even be willing to take another stab at it.

It was a long time ago but IIRC, every time it ran, it spent an awful lot of time building a texture cache or something. While going through hundreds of textures it would show text like "Texture 346/687" or something and then crash. The precise point at which it would crash would vary wildly.

I used both Project64 available at Zophar and a newer one that you have to register to get. IIRC they crash in slightly different, interesting ways. Administrator mode / normal mode had no effect, nor did avoiding "C:\Program Files (x86)" help.

Trying to trim down the input files so as to change only a single texture still resulted in failure.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and Core i7 4.0 GHz (overclocked from 3.4; Prime95, Orthos, IntelBurnTest, linpack, memtest+ or whatever stable) and 16 GB RAM and XFX HD 5770 1 GB ram. Hyperthreading enabled. I'm sure it's stable, I can play Skyrim for hours and it has a big ass copper heatsink so the CPU rarely gets above 50C.
#5Czar_YoshiPosted 12/8/2012 12:38:42 AM
Blouge posted...

For a moment I thought you were talking about Link...